• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

LordOfChaos

But sure to not let go L1 too early, you have to keep it pressed by you let go the stick, happened to me a lot of times.

I've tried it every which way, let go of stick first, let go of L1 first, hold L1, I don't know if it's just very slow loading or what but no matter what I do sometimes it seems like I have to spam the direction wheel a bunch of times to get what I want open

Bkdk

This game changed its twitch cover one or two days ago to a picture of the world environment, probably received tons of criticisms and they switched it back to the cute waifu cover after 12 hours.

Mossybrew

This game changed its twitch cover one or two days ago to a picture of the world environment, probably received tons of criticisms and they switched it back to the cute waifu cover after 12 hours.

Hah, I enjoy the environmental art much more than the characters. The game world had a wonderful aesthetic. The anime style of the characters doesn't do much for me.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I've tried it every which way, let go of stick first, let go of L1 first, hold L1, I don't know if it's just very slow loading or what but no matter what I do sometimes it seems like I have to spam the direction wheel a bunch of times to get what I want open
Never had this happen to me. Hold L1, point the stick and release stick. This has worked for me everytime without issue on ps4pro

bargeparty

Holy shitballs, the re-rolls pay off.

Diluc, Mona, Chongyun, Beidou, Barbara, Fischl, Xiangling

God damn. A little bummed I wasted actual money on my primary account last night.

Wunray

Just beat this cube thing, was a jump in difficulty tbh don't think it was worth it but I got this butterfly thing from it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did my second pull on the beginner banner... and got the 5 star JEAN! Awesome, but I'm a bit torn since she's a wind elemental sword user which essentially makes my hero redundant.

wsIR2CV.png

RIP to all the people who want to kick Amber off the team, but keep running into fire puzzles and need a ranged. My buddy is stuck in that predicament right now, and I can only laugh.

Did my second pull on the beginner banner... and got the 5 star JEAN! Awesome, but I'm a bit torn since she's a wind elemental sword user which essentially makes my hero redundant.

wsIR2CV.png
Having two units of the same element has its benefits. Check the Elemental Resonance button in the Party screen.

Also, slight spoiler for Liyue (the second nation):
MC can change elements

bargeparty

I know it would be a little lame, but having the characters costume colors not match their elemental annoys me a little.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Restart the game.

Saber

I reach AR 21 not long ago. Both the spear fire girl and aqua magician are on lvl 20.

Still isn't much sure how the co-op works. But if anyone is interested, let me know.

Zambatoh

wsIR2CV.png
Not necessarily. If you visit a Liyue statue, you can change your element to Geo. Which in turn lets you spawn platforms that you can either use as a shield or a jumping off point for slam dunk attacks.

Meted

Can you change your Avatar's look or main weapon type? or just swap him/her out completely, really don't like them and i don't want to have a group of 3 people i really like and then the avatar

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Buddy comes over, watches me play a bit
Buddy: Oh so it's like an MMO
Me: Ehhh....no, more like BotW on Yuzu
Buddy: What's Yuzu??
sad_pepe__feels_bad_man__vector_by_hirussai-d8uq43y.png

SX OS GETTING ARRESTED

Last edited:

Xanine

Neo Member
Can you change your Avatar's look or main weapon type? or just swap him/her out completely, really don't like them and i don't want to have a group of 3 people i really like and then the avatar
You can't customize or change the weapon type the protagonist it seems. Only customization so far are the gliders.
However, the protagonist does not need to be in your party.

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member

You might have to occasionally use the main character for wind related puzzles, and he or she will appear in all cutscenes associated with that character, but otherwise you're not stuck with them as far as gameplay goes. You can use any four characters to make your team. If you get another wind character, you don't even need to use the protagonist for that element anymore.

There's also a high likelihood that unlockable cosmetics will be coming to the game.

killatopak

Gold Member
Can I play with other region accounts?

Tried playing on my NA account and my ping is 150+. Switched to local and it was 70.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
I only got Mona and Noelle for my 20 min run. Is this good? Tbh I'm not ready for another reroll.

Mona seems like a fun character to me. She's definitely one that I see players hoping they'll get. For you or anyone else who gets a five star, KEEP PLAYING on that account. Don't get a five star character and then stop right away. You could be flagged for being a likely account seller. I've heard you have about 12 to 24 hours to keep playing after getting a five star character or you run the risk of having your account locked.

Pejo

Gold Member
So after getting a few characters to lvl 50 today and uncapping a bunch of weapons, I can easily say now that it's not the daily materials that are the bottleneck, it's money. Every time I want to use the purple xp book on a level 40+ character it costs 4000 Mora. Freakin' painful. I had like 400,000 Mora today before I started refining weapons, upgrading artifacts, and leveling weapons/characters. Now it's all gone.

On the bright side, my Razor is an absolute beast right now. I got a 4* greatsword in the gacha that gives him a 20% health shield whenever he gets hit that gives like 12% bonus attack while the shield is active. Couple that with a few other buffs and his stats, and he's hitting for 600-1200 per hit, higher on crits. Completely 1 shots those lesser hillychurls and slimes.

Finally figured out what element mastery does too. It increases the damage effects of those multi-element reactions, like overload and melt. I guess it's nice if you're swapping between two elemental mages and spamming attacks, but I don't think it's a worthwhile stat for any physical damage dealer given how rarely you can apply elemental damage with slow cooldowns.

Anybody find any eagles in the game yet? I'm assuming they're local fauna like the boars and doves/cranes, but I haven't seen any yet. I need to kill one in mid-flight for an achievement.

MagnesG

Banned
Mona seems like a fun character to me. She's definitely one that I see players hoping they'll get. For you or anyone else who gets a five star, KEEP PLAYING on that account. Don't get a five star character and then stop right away. You could be flagged for being a likely account seller. I've heard you have about 12 to 24 hours to keep playing after getting a five star character or you run the risk of having your account locked.
Now that is nice to hear, I totally forgot about the %0.6 rate for *5 pull. Stopping for a bit after the game went crash on me multiple times during my reroll sessions, though I found that using controller helps that issue.

Now I'm considering ditching my PC and just use my phone for the game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Mona is a great character to have. One of the fastest dashes in the game and her special attack can be tapped to place an AoE on the target or you can hold it down so she places it at her location and she'll do a little backdash making it an escape tool.

Very fun character.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
She is much better
Yep - after playing around with her for a while she is easily the better of the two. Her special attack recovers like all of her HP and makes a circle that fills up other allies HP when they're in it. She also has nearly 2x the HP as the main character when they're each at level 20.

Pejo

Gold Member
Tried abyss again last night with my newly powered up team and flew right by 3-3 and got my free Xiangling. It feels good to come back and just lay waste to 3-2 which was giving me so many problems originally. I think the biggest overall power boost you can do is picking good "main" stats on your artifacts and leveling them up. I can see that getting the "right" substats on artifacts is going to be the meta at endgame. Be aware that it's gonna be fuckin' expensive though, and you really need to level them up to 4/8/etc to see which new substats you're going to roll. I wish you could use enhancement crystals on artifacts instead of just weapons, but I haven't found a way to use them yet.

Now granted, I've been basically no-lifing this game the past few days, but I'm a little worried that the world is starting to feel empty after collecting all the shit. I can foresee a pretty big drop off once more people have collected most of the open world stuff. Resin regens way too slow to make running dungeons/leylines a substitute for exploring. I hope they have events planned out for the future that add interesting things to the overworld, hopefully repeatable and without needing resin.

Tried abyss again last night with my newly powered up team and flew right by 3-3 and got my free Xiangling. It feels good to come back and just lay waste to 3-2 which was giving me so many problems originally. I think the biggest overall power boost you can do is picking good "main" stats on your artifacts and leveling them up. I can see that getting the "right" substats on artifacts is going to be the meta at endgame. Be aware that it's gonna be fuckin' expensive though, and you really need to level them up to 4/8/etc to see which new substats you're going to roll. I wish you could use enhancement crystals on artifacts instead of just weapons, but I haven't found a way to use them yet.

Now granted, I've been basically no-lifing this game the past few days, but I'm a little worried that the world is starting to feel empty after collecting all the shit. I can foresee a pretty big drop off once more people have collected most of the open world stuff. Resin regens way too slow to make running dungeons/leylines a substitute for exploring. I hope they have events planned out for the future that add interesting things to the overworld, hopefully repeatable and without needing resin.
the game randomly generates chests, mobs and quests. so it won’t be completely empty. But I know what you mean. lol

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
the game randomly generates chests, mobs and quests. so it won’t be completely empty. But I know what you mean. lol

It does? So there aren't a set limit to the chests found in the open world? Been wondering as I wanted to get all the trophies, but didn't want to find out I got 399 chests and was missing 1 somewhere in Mondstadt with no clue how to find it.

It does? So there aren't a set limit to the chests found in the open world? Been wondering as I wanted to get all the trophies, but didn't want to find out I got 399 chests and was missing 1 somewhere in Mondstadt with no clue how to find it.
Yep, don’t worry. And the rumoured 1.1 update is supposed to add a new area. The game is very profitable. We can expect a lot of expansions in the future.

Moneal

No, chests are static.

Got real lucky on my first rolls on ps4, Mona and Qiqi with the level 7 free summons then Jean and Venti with the level 12 free summons.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Got to adventurer 20, finished up the first area dragon quest, dropped five bucks on the Blessing not because I felt I needed it but just to support a game that is giving you so much for free.

Pejo

Gold Member
Got to adventurer 20, finished up the first area dragon quest, dropped five bucks on the Blessing not because I felt I needed it but just to support a game that is giving you so much for free.
It really is something how much of the game you can experience totally for free. Quality stuff. I've been actually talking to random NPCs lately, and there are some dark mini-stories and conversations. That dove kid on the bridge to Monstadt for instance. He gets mad at you for scaring away the pigeons. Then you talk to him and he's like "what if they don't ever come back, just like my dad". :messenger_neutral:

Jedge

Exactly what I did (also bought the pass). Just got my adventure rank to 20 after grinding it out for a few days.
Game has been very fun and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Top Bottom