• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Interior Ministry shuts down and raids left-wing website

Extreme right: run a car into a crowd of protesters, killing a woman
Extreme left: burn some cars (allegedly) and fight nazis

Yeah they look pretty samey to me.
If you're keeping a tally, didn't a person on the left shoot a republican congressman not that long ago? It's useless trying to act like one form of extremism is worse than another.
The US-centric entitlement is real.

The right and left changes according to the country and context you know?
Also this. I'm in Canada but I used the above example to appeal to the spectrum you're drawing from.

I was surprised to find out that this website could operate from within Germany for so long without repercussions since a lot of the crimes people bragged about were aimed at state institutions and disturbing public order. Some circles inside the government and justice system must have protected them all these years or perhaps it was riddled with confidential informants too much to put a stop on it. Obviously a PR stunt for the federal election that suddenly it is over but good decision nonetheless.

Clessidor

Yes, I did look at the original data and the right-wing cases are just much higher because of propaganda and hate speech. The really dangerous stuff where people are assaulted or their property gets damaged has about the same amount of cases on both sides (as shown in the table above).

Not really if you look on the table above the right-extremes has commited Tötungsdelikte, Versuchte Tötungsdelikte, Körperverletzungen, Erpressung, Sexualdelikte, Nötigung/Bedrohung, Störung der Totenruhe, Propagandadelikte and Volksverhetzung in a concerning higher amount than the left.

While the left is significant higher in Sachbeschädigung, Widerstandsdelikte, Gefährliche Eingriff in den Bahn-, Luft-, Schiffs- und Straßenverkehr.

Yes, the left is also very concerning when it comes to personal assault. That number is also quite high. I won't deny that and I think it was right to go against that website and fighting the violent extreme-left.
But looking at the statistic I find right-wing extremism still more concerning and more violent than the left.

Top Bottom