• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima 2018 vs 2020 Comparison

Fbh

Does the game have dynamic weather?
Otherwise I definitely like the pre release look better

Reactions: 888

tryDEATH

The scene and world lighting is better in the E3 footage, but the character lighting is better in the released version. This game is just beautiful, really wondering what they will add for the PS5 version, easily the best looking and playing game on the PS4 for me. This should be the GOTY easily for this generation.

WTF, Sony is the new Ubisoft

U4XCXtd.png

Definitely some downgrade there. The color palette I can go either way on. PS5 version should look more like the 2018 video, if not better.
One thing that helps it is enabling the Dramatic contrast on the options settings. Still, it's obvious that Sucker Punch had to make compromises so this game could run at a decent (almost locked) 30fps on the PS4. I really hope we could get an upgrade on PS5 that resembles the E3 demo. It would make a no brainer playing through everything all over again.

I was waiting for this comparison. Purchased this last night, but haven't started. This comparison is so disappointing. It looked so much better before.
But still looks amazing. My PS4 almost seems to be melting with all that fan noise. One more thing, I recommend you turn on the Dramatic contrast option on the game settings. It helps to get closer to the E3 atmosphere.

It's hard to see a major difference, the lighting is just different (possible not quite as good but very close) - but there're definitely scenes/moments in the retail game which demonstrate excellent lighting.

E3 footage is always like this, main stage live demonstration footage/gameplay is usually choreographed (the character's actions,) it also receives a lot of polish to show off a game in its best light, and this is why we have "downgrades". Or a dev just shows the game running on a really good PC.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
It looks downgraded but they aren't using the same weather in the comparison, there are rain and clouds in one and the comparison shot has sun. That's a terrible comparison video.

......the game looks absolutely gorgeous irregardless.

I don't see the big deal?

This isn't Watchdogs level of lies, or even Killzone 2 level of deception.

I mean, goddamned, playing the game at times really make me amazed that this is even possible on the PS4 and for an open world game

Do I wish it was like the E3 trailer? Not really.

Would it be nice? Of course.

But I have zero complaints with the final output from a graphical and technical perspective.

It was downgraded and so was TLOU2.

I mean downgraded because what we've seen were vertical slices... but still, a lot of the time the games look great during specific weather conditions like dusk or night time, but during daylight the games don't look as good, even playing on PS4 Pro. Weird how that works.

Top Bottom