• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut for PC | Review Thread

Alex11

The wind mechanic is really clunky if you're not using a DS4 or DualSense. It was a quick swipe to get it going but on other controllers it's just annoying to use a radial menu that pops up using the left button.
Didn't know, that is a bit better, but even so, it should have been just the wind, and not see the markers on the map, because when you open the map to track a quest, you see your location and also the quest location.

Maybe if done like in Elden Ring, where you see the guiding light and the general direction of the quest, but don't see it on the map, imo it would have made more sense.

Tried one of the bamboo challenges, No way in heck will l be able to be that fast. First time I thought something was ridiculously hard in this game. Impossible for me.
Anyway, I've been enjoying the game. I'm getting the hang of it.

AMSCD

Too close! 😰
Built a new PC just 2 months ago with a 4080 Super
60.4 fps minimum

ou00T04.png
I have an RTX 3070 and can run it at 60fps4k on high settings with texture and detail at very high if I use quality DLSS. The performance is surprisingly good.

AMSCD

Brightness is pretty low in the game tbh. Adjust it, but I also have a mini led monitor and holy fuck this looks amazing in hdr
I can't get HDR to look right. It's too dark. I find the color is more vivid with HDR turned off. If anyone can give me some tips, I'm all ears!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Is It cross play, so worst case I could play on my ps5 and my buddy could play on pc?

Also, looks like I have the ps4 version of the game. If I just buy the directors cut upgrade do I get the ps5 version....

Or wait...is it on ps plus yet?

Last edited:

Puscifer

I can't get HDR to look right. It's too dark. I find the color is more vivid with HDR turned off. If anyone can give me some tips, I'm all ears!

Silly question but did you do the Windows HDR calibration tool? Nothing looks right till you do that from what I've found, it's a few settings but it adjust for your monitor specifics for HDR.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Got this weird bug where triangle on my DualSense doesn't work during standoffs. All I can do is wait for the enemy to strike and then fight back. Looks like I'm not the only one....

Seems like some have found a fix though.....

"I've had this happen several times on PS. What seemed to fix it for me was going into the options, and toggling the setting for whether you hold or tap the triangle button for standoffs. Change it to the tap setting, and then back to hold."

I'll try later.

Wandered into a Forge town that is labeled Mongol Territory with no one around, it's a dead burned out town. A bird keeps trying to take me somewhere, but he just clips through house walls. I assume he's just leading me to the supplies and stuff inside. Usually, birds lead me to interesting things, not just supplies. I thought that was the lightning bug's job.
Usually, lightning bugs lead me to collectables. crickets and scrolls.
I feel like either the game is 'bugged' here or I'm not supposed to be here yet.

manfestival

What is the dualsense implementation like for this game? was considering using my PS controller over the xbox one that I tend to use for most games since this is a PS title after all

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The IQ in this game is something else 16X AF and DLAA make this game look like CGI sometime 😍
tJXDTvs.jpeg
sorry for the picture did not have time to look in my screenshot folder lol

Sorry for the off topic but can I ask what the screen is? I'm currently looking to upgrade mine and want an ultrawide screen. Hare you happy with yours?

OverHeat

« generous god »
Sorry for the off topic but can I ask what the screen is? I'm currently looking to upgrade mine and want an ultrawide screen. Hare you happy with yours?
aw3423dw from Alienware love the display
3440x1440 175hz

Last edited:

RespawnX

Too close! 😰
Built a new PC just 2 months ago with a 4080 Super
60.4 fps minimum

ou00T04.png

So you need a 4080 to match the PS5 version of the game or did I miss something? This fits in seamlessly between other Nixxes ports, but what the fuck?
4080 has 4 times the rendering performance of a PS5, thats seems absolutely lazzy. Of course DLSS and frame gen are cool additions but this game should run with 120 fps+ out of the box with such hardware.
Please someone explain me what I missed here

Archie501

Neo Member
Wandered into a Forge town that is labeled Mongol Territory with no one around, it's a dead burned out town. A bird keeps trying to take me somewhere, but he just clips through house walls. I assume he's just leading me to the supplies and stuff inside. Usually, birds lead me to interesting things, not just supplies. I thought that was the lightning bug's job.
Usually, lightning bugs lead me to collectables. crickets and scrolls.
I feel like either the game is 'bugged' here or I'm not supposed to be here yet.
Did you look up? I believe there may be a collectible clothes item up in the rafters.

So you need a 4080 to match the PS5 version of the game or did I miss something? This fits in seamlessly between other Nixxes ports, but what the fuck?
4080 has 4 times the rendering performance of a PS5, thats seems absolutely lazzy. Of course DLSS and frame gen are cool additions but this game should run with 120 fps+ out of the box with such hardware.
You missed the fact that the PS5 version doesn't run at native 3840x2160... and actually runs at 1920x2160 :]

Warablo

I always loved this game, but it's quite strange the changing of time/weather that happens on a drop of a dime all the time.

Takes a few tries but I've completed every one I've come across so far.
I feel like it gets easier/slower the more retries you do, but can't prove it.

Last edited:

violence

Along with using a series controller instead of dual sense (vibrating triggers work!), to make this play through different I’ve decided to go Kurosawa mode as long as I can last at 4k/25 fps. I’ve even turned on black frame insertion (or OLED motion) on my C9. This gives the game a flicker effect. It feels like I’m running around in an old movie. I’ve also bumped up the game difficulty from normal to hard. Wish me luck.

NwiFrF6.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you look up? I believe there may be a collectible clothes item up in the rafters.
DOH! No, I didn't.

The game seems to take place 80-85% at nighttime. I don't think I'm exaggerating.
I'm about 13 hours in and I've exhasted all the map tracking Fox dens and get naked baths. When I select them, it no longer gives me any wind. :(

Fredrik

No that’s maxed out graphics settings at native 4K and the minimum registered fps. Average fps is higher and you can always lower visual settings and resolution etc to go even higher. It’s just a hint that the walls are starting to close in and I just built this PC so for me that was coming too soon.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Of course, not. 3840x2160 vs 1920x2160, so the 4080 is displaying twice as many pixels. Plus the settings are significantly higher. Things like volumetrics and shadows on ultra are very demanding. PS5 typically runs a mix of high/medium compared to the PC version.

Still, the PS5 probably fares a fair bit better than the 6700 it's often compared to. I wouldn't be surprised if it outperformed the 3060 Ti or even 3070 at similar settings and resolution in that game.

RagnarokIV

Got this weird bug where triangle on my DualSense doesn't work during standoffs. All I can do is wait for the enemy to strike and then fight back. Looks like I'm not the only one....

Seems like some have found a fix though.....

"I've had this happen several times on PS. What seemed to fix it for me was going into the options, and toggling the setting for whether you hold or tap the triangle button for standoffs. Change it to the tap setting, and then back to hold."

I'll try later.

Not even that man, just pause and unpause with your controller at the start of the standoff and it will start working.

I had the same bug.

Top Bottom