• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima -The Ghost | PS4

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Tell me about how many hours have you played Sekiro and how many hours have you played Ghosts?

They showed us what they wanted us to see, and it was horseback riding and walking.

I didn’t make that video, so don’t come at me.
I finished and platinum Sekiro and I also played all sucker punch’s games both Sly Cooper and InFAMOUS series I like how they design their games. I think people should really stop this bad habit of calling every game “walking sim” when they see a character walk in trailers.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I finished and platinum Sekiro and I also played all sucker punch’s games both Sly Cooper and InFAMOUS series I like how they design their games. I think people should really stop this bad habit of calling every game “walking sim” when they see a character walk in trailers.
I never called it a walking sim, ever. I said they showed lots of horseback riding and walking in this trailer.
I challenge you to ever find a post where I suggested Ghosts was a walking sim.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ugh another useless trailer...

Show me the fucking combat or stealth or something that isn't a run with a horse...

good graphics and art design tho.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I never called it a walking sim, ever. I said they showed lots of horseback riding and walking in this trailer.
I mostly talking about people overall should really stop calling every game that has walking a “walking sim” the only game I even consider a “waking sim” is Dear Esther.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Looking forward to the same “LOL <implying the [walking sim mocking] insult without using that exact word... phew 😅 I am clear> LOL GOTY 2020” reaction in one big XBX game reveal being followed up by some harping of Sony GAF shitting up and Xbox thread and why don’t people just leave them alone... etc...

GymWolf

Gold Member
Combat and environments look incredible, really stunning. I just want loads of armor and weapon customization. Maybe a cool bossfight in the next trailer? Anyway it's a day 1 CE for me.
Can you give a link of the trailer you watched? Because in the trailer that i saw, there was no combat or at least not enough to make a judgement...

Environments are gorgeous i give you that.

GymWolf

Gold Member
TBF if this was RDR2, the Xbox fans would be falling over themselves saying 'look at the horse, so realistic! Wowzers!'
Xbox fans are worse than CNN...
Are you lowkey calling me an xbox fan? Because in this very forum people called me sony stan...
Make a meeting with the others and decide what i am once and for all :lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:

Also i don't watch cnn so i don't know how bad it is :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Can you give a link of the trailer you watched? Because in the trailer that i saw, there was no combat or at least not enough to make a judgement...

Environments are gorgeous i give you that.
From the video, I saw bladed combat, take-downs from the mounted position, close-quarters blade combat, throwing and sticking bombs to enemies and use of smoke bombs.... They were just short cuts.

We are still about a year away. Need to keep stuff for a bigger show too.

GymWolf

Gold Member
From the video, I saw bladed combat, take-downs from the mounted position, close-quarters blade combat, throwing and sticking bombs to enemies and use of smoke bombs.... They were just short cuts.

We are still about a year away. Need to keep stuff for a bigger show too.
I can't really make a judgement with these snippets of gameplay, i was hoping for a longer trailer or at least a trailer where you can understand how combat works...

To this day nobody know if this is a ac shitty type of combat, a bushido blade combat, a free flow combat, a souls light combat, or something else...

Bryank75

Banned
Are you lowkey calling me an xbox fan? Because in this very forum people called me sony stan...
Make a meeting with the others and decide what i am once and for all :lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:
Naaa I know you are more on the PlayStation side usually. One of the more balanced people on here actually!

Bryank75

Banned
I can't really make a judgement with these snippets of gameplay, i was hoping for a longer trailer or at least a trailer where you can understand how combat works...

To this day nobody know if this is a ac shitty type of combat, a bushido blade combat, a free flow combat, a souls light combat, or something else...
Ah, now I see where you're coming from.... yes, you'll definitely need a longer gameplay for that, one where he takes damage to show how punishing the game can be...

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ah, now I see where you're coming from.... yes, you'll definitely need a longer gameplay for that, one where he takes damage to show how punishing the game can be...
I'm praying for a challenging title, i hope for god of war levels of difficulty, easy and normal for normale people, hard and very hard for more sadistic people like me (i'm not even that good, but i hate easy games)

Bryank75

Banned
I'm praying for a challenging title, i hope for god of war levels of difficulty, easy and normal for normale people, hard and very hard for more sadistic people like me (i'm not even that good, but i hate easy games)
I'm positive it will have difficulty choice, like past SP games!

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm positive it will have difficulty choice, like past SP games!
Yeah but today a lot of triple A games are piss easy even on hard like the order, days gone, spiderman, horizon, ac saga etc.

I want something like gow where hard is kinda hard and very hard is for very skilled player.
Or horizon at ultra hard, not impossible but with a good challenge.

Infamous 3 at hard was pretty easy.

nowhat

Gold Member
Yeah but today a lot of triple A games are piss easy even on hard like the order, days gone, spiderman, horizon, ac saga etc.

I want something like gow where hard is kinda hard and very hard is for very skilled player.
Or horizon at ultra hard, not impossible but with a good challenge.
Umm....

Evilms

Banned
49210891223_9ba2f131awcj0m.png

Besides the typical Sony First Party Game in which they love to showcase Graphics and Cinematics. The Gameplay looked like every other Sony game from this gen. Open World, and a bunch of Posts.

A lot of """"" concerned""""" individuals in this thread, it's a release date announcement trailer with a lot of different locations showcase to sell the size and diversity of the game's world and that's why the character is shown" walking" to them, of course they're not going to show much right now when the game's still months away.
It's like Marvel's Spider-Man all over again.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Looks fucking awesome, bow and magic ftw! But I have a hard time believing this wont be downgraded, the graphics are unreal. If it isnt then SP are wizards.

Miles708

I sincerely hope that's not some Ubisoft-style "clear enemy camps" gameplay.
Graphics is awesome but the gameplay bit looked a lot like "been there, done that". Hoping for something a bit more particular, it would be a shame to waste such setting.

Fbh

Looks absolutely amazing. I've been waiting a long time for a game like this (a high budget Samurai/Ninja game set in a somewhat accurate version of ancient japan with no magic or monsters).

Right there with Elden Ring as my most anticipated game

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As a serious question is there a Sony game you haven’t been sold on from the first trailer or even Title announcement?

i hAtE iT wHeN sOnY fAnS tRoLl xBoX gAmEs

I like how inherently well coordinated and so on message the trolling is, the power of slogans... marvellous. Boring, story heavy (as a negative, of course 😂), walking simulator (Sony first party + hyped title + the character also walks == walking simulator == horrible... the math is super sound here :rolleyes:)... all the hot terms are in there.

Cannot wait for your similar hit take in the Hellblade II thread or your explanation of how you see the trailer for both games and one is a walking sim and the other isn’t.

Especially knowing Hellblade's combat in the first one. I enjoyed the game, but the gameplay was not its strong-suit.

I do expect them to improve on it, however. Should be a bigger budget and all that good stuff.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned

Best looking effects and environments I've seen this gen...…...The materials work is insane and the physics simulation in the environments and on his clothing is relaly next level, of course the animation work is on another level as well...Tshushima is pretty much a pre-cursor to what we will get next gen..........A very impressive game on all levels of technology and design...…Nothing seems wanting here tbh....

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Best looking effects and environments I've seen this gen...…...The materials work is insane and the physics simulation in the environments and on his clothing is relaly next level, of course the animation work is on another level as well...Tshushima is pretty much a pre-cursor to what we will get next gen..........A very impressive game on all levels of technology and design...…Nothing seems wanting here tbh....

Friend of mine took the gifs on the first page and slowed them down a little bit, and oh man, you can get a better feel at all the shader work and effects in place.

Game feels so alive, it’s stunning. I still can’t believe the foliage, it’s gorgeous.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Looks fucking awesome, bow and magic ftw! But I have a hard time believing this wont be downgraded, the graphics are unreal. If it isnt then SP are wizards.
SP are wizards.

inFamous SS was almost a launch game and looked better than FFXV in some parts. I'm telling you, they are the most underrated Sony team. Delsin, the main character in inFamous SS, had better voice acting from Troy Baker than Joel in The Last of Us with his stupid accent. All the smoke effects and neon stuff in inFamous was awesome. SP also focuses on gameplay and doesn't make walking sims and boring TPS games.

SP and Sony Santa Monica are now better than Naughty Dog.

latest

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Friend of mine took the gifs on the first page and slowed them down a little bit, and oh man, you can get a better feel at all the shader work and effects in place.

Game feels so alive, it’s stunning. I still can’t believe the foliage, it’s gorgeous.
I think SunhiLegend will have many people crying about gifs again when Tsushima releases...….Just amazing visuals....People forget that what makes these games look so good is not only the great shader work, it's also, the level of detail, artstyle, physics and animation, it's the combination of all these elements of the game that are at such a high level...….I guess that's why Sony's games continue to past the torch for best visuals and immersion....

I'll probably buy Ghost but oh how I miss feudal Japan era games made BY JAPANESE DEVELOPERS.

When I played Onimusha 1-4 I dreamed about the realtime feudal Japan environments Capcom would make with new hardware (360 and PS3) but samurai games pratically disapeared last gen and the same applies to this gen.

So fucking sad...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Japanese Samurai fans finally get their wish. Congrats lol

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I'll probably buy Ghost but oh how I miss feudal Japan era games made BY JAPANESE DEVELOPERS.

When I played Onimusha 1-4 I dreamed about the realtime feudal Japan environments Capcom would make with new hardware (360 and PS3) but samurai games pratically disapeared last gen and the same applies to this gen.

So fucking sad...
so fucking this
there isnt one single Japanese game from this or previous generations that is actually grounded

got is the dream samurai game for me

thelastword

Banned
SP are wizards.

inFamous SS was almost a launch game and looked better than FFXV in some parts. I'm telling you, they are the most underrated Sony team. Delsin, the main character in inFamous SS, had better voice acting from Troy Baker than Joel in The Last of Us with his stupid accent. All the smoke effects and neon stuff in inFamous was awesome. SP also focuses on gameplay and doesn't make walking sims and boring TPS games.

SP and Sony Santa Monica are now better than Naughty Dog.

latest
Can't we love them all? Personally I don't want to go one gen without seeing ND's output, they are just too good.....

I will rep SP though, I always have......Infamous at launch and to this day is still some of the best visuals this gen, those effects and that IQ coming from PS3 really ushered in the nextgen……..and though Shadowfall and DC were more impressive to me on pure tech, people really have to stand up and take awe at SP, which I'm sure will get their stripes after Tsushima.......

I must say though, ND on PS5 will be insane...….Savage Starlight.....Cant wait for my sockets to hit the floor ....

As I watch more footage, the art style strikes the eye and sticks with me. It has just the right amount of stylization, similar to how Journey's sand dunes would sometimes look larger than life and how the bright colors of The Witness somehow remained believable. It is realistic yet exaggerated at the same time. I would go as far to say that the technical achievement of the graphics aren't as impressive as the bold use of color, lighting, and line-of-sight. That kind of stuff really captures my attention. Some of these scenes are mind-blowingly picturesque.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Can't we love them all? Personally I don't want to go one gen without seeing ND's output, they are just too good.....

I will rep SP though, I always have......Infamous at launch and to this day is still some of the best visuals this gen, those effects and that IQ coming from PS3 really ushered in the nextgen……..and though Shadowfall and DC were more impressive to me on pure tech, people really have to stand up and take awe at SP, which I'm sure will get their stripes after Tsushima.......

I must say though, ND on PS5 will be insane...….Savage Starlight.....Cant wait for my sockets to hit the floor ....
I'm sick of Naughty Dog's pedastal, and I think God of War and Ghost of Tsushima are going to be far, far better.

Naughty Dog makes minimalist gameplay, and their excuse is always "realism." It's harder to make an actually compelling fantasy gameplay loop with an in depth combat system with upgrading moves. And even on top of the superior gameplay seen from SP and SSM, I think the stories and acting are also better.

Naughty Dog should try making something besides a cinematic TPS. Maybe think of a fun gameplay loop and do something with some fantasy for once. They are obviously a great studio, but I think they're overrated. I think SP and SSM deserve FAR more praise. They are making better games. If ND decides to make a cool sci-fi game, then sure I'm all in.

SLB1904

Banned
I'm sick of Naughty Dog's pedastal, and I think God of War and Ghost of Tsushima are going to be far, far better.

Naughty Dog makes minimalist gameplay, and their excuse is always "realism." It's harder to make an actually compelling fantasy gameplay loop with an in depth combat system with upgrading moves. And even on top of the superior gameplay seen from SP and SSM, I think the stories and acting are also better.

Naughty Dog should try making something besides a cinematic TPS. Maybe think of a fun gameplay loop and do something with some fantasy for once. They are obviously a great studio, but I think they're overrated. I think SP and SSM deserve FAR more praise. They are making better games. If ND decides to make a cool sci-fi game, then sure I'm all in.
what other game first person or 3rd person with more options the tlous part 2? minimalist gameplay? that fuck yoiu talking about

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
This game is so damn pretty.

I have less than zero interest in any Samurai games, Sekiro did not appeal to me at all, but I think if I still had a PS4 I'd buy this game just for the beautiful environments. I did that with Ori. I HATE platformers, but it was so damn beautiful I just had to have it. While I never finished (because I suck at platformers) I never regretted buying it.

I hope this game does well and I think players that enjoy a Samurai game are in for a real treat.

SLB1904

Banned
This game is so damn pretty.

I have less than zero interest in any Samurai games, Sekiro did not appeal to me at all, but I think if I still had a PS4 I'd buy this game just for the beautiful environments. I did that with Ori. I HATE platformers, but it was so damn beautiful I just had to have it. While I never finished (because I suck at platformers) I never regretted buying it.

I hope this game does well and I think players that enjoy a Samurai game are in for a real treat.
exactly i love beautiful art. im not too kin on realistic art styles unless its a simulator.
and also thats why i got this game
hpj.gif

Top Bottom