• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwire:Tokyo release date leaked: March 24th

Bartski

Gold Member

It would appear that Ghostwire Tokyo may have had its official release date revealed, as its PSN page has suddenly been updated with a March 24 release date! Check out our screencap of the page below, and see for yourself if this is when this game from Tango Gameworks is indeed releasing this March.

2022012010261541.png

unknown.png

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
I haven't seen that much hype (or marketing media) for this. And I've honestly been very wary about it ever since they booted Ikumi Nakamura from the Director role. Never a good sign when you have to do that. So I can't imagine that this game is going to be close to what was initially envisioned.

Last edited:
Hopefully this game surprises me. After beating the Evil Within on gamepass seeing this is a bit disappointing since it's not a survival horror.

Robb

Gold Member
Nice, this game looks pretty interesting. Not sure about the combat though but I hope it turns out to be good!

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Cool. Do we know if it's just for the PS5? Heard this one was coming to PC too.

tommib

I want to but I won’t have time for it. I’ll be deep in GT7 and Elden Ring. Maybe next year? I hope GAF doesn’t hype this too much and I resist.

Erdrick

I'm excited for this. I loved EW1 and 2 and am very interested to see where Tango goes with this. Trailer I saw a while back really gave me Maken X/SMT vibes back for the Dreamcast. Just a few more months then.

Kuranghi

I want to but I won’t have time for it. I’ll be deep in GT7 and Elden Ring. Maybe next year? I hope GAF doesn’t hype this too much and I resist.

Oh fuck sake I forgot about GT7, first one I want to pick up since the old days, I really want to take a Yaris to the top and become King of All Motorsports.

Plus Kirby, the big pink bitch/bastard!* He's vying for my attention as well now after that last trailer...

*Does Kirby have a gender? :pie_thinking:

tommib

Oh fuck sake I forgot about GT7, first one I want to pick up since the old days, I really want to take a Yaris to the top and become King of All Motorsports.

Plus Kirby, the big pink bitch/bastard!* He's vying for my attention as well now after that last trailer...

*Does Kirby have a gender? :pie_thinking:
GT7 and Elden Ring will destroy my playtime. Actually wondering which will get more hours from me. Probably GT. All other games mainly Bayo3 and Ghostwire should be delayed to 2023.

Kirby is obviously non-binary. A genuine one.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I haven't seen that much hype (or marketing media) for this. And I've honestly been very wary about it ever since they booted Ikumi Nakamura from the Director role. Never a good sign when you have to do that. So I can't imagine that this game is going to be close to what was initially envisioned.
Didn't she leave because mainly she had a kid? And went on to work on Gungrave G.O.R.E. She primarily works on character stuff.

She was lead on Ghostwire, but I wonder if since the was having a kid, her duties were taken over?

EDIT: She left in 2019? So I think she left because of other unforseen reasons.

Part of it was she had a kid.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Most likely will be Mikamis last game before retiring. Enjoy this one while he’s still active. Never know what tango will be afterwards. I wish they would pick a better release date though. GT7, ER, HFW, Sifu and this over 2 months is crazy.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Terrible release date really. Would be better in May or April.

Would like to see more on the game as they haven't shown too much yet.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Wait, Bethesda made Ghostwire as well?

Sooooo...PC release? Hmmm looked it up. Looks like it might even be same day. At least that's what their twitter seems to suggest.

I'll keep my eye on it.

Last edited:

tommib

How did Sony buy 1 year rights to next gen games that dont look next gen.

Even worse I beat Deathloop 100%, and its AI is more disappointing.
Deathloop is coming out as the 4th best game of the year in awards. The game has a ton of attention to detail and lovely textures. Looks pretty good to me and next-gen at that frame rate.

We know very little from Ghostwire apart from it coming from a super talented studio and god himself Shinji Mikami. If anything, they’re both super tasteful picks that match Sony’s core audience.

iMPpxRv.jpg

Last edited:

Fbh

Wait, Bethesda made Ghostwire as well?

Sooooo...PC release? Hmmm looked it up. Looks like it might even be same day. At least that's what their twitter seems to suggest.

I'll keep my eye on it.

Yup. It's made by Tango Gameworks, who are part of bethesda.
I pretty sure it's launching on PC at the same time as PS5

Zephir

I'm intrigued enough to buy it, even though the lack of marketing is worrying...

Then again, after what we had with Deathloop, everything looks undermarketed by comparison

fart town usa

Gold Member
Noice, just enough time to finish Horizon Forbidden Weightwatchers Meal Section: The Continued Adventures of Red Chungus.

I think it could be good, we'll need previews though to really know what the dealio is.
LMFAO. 10/10, would read again.

On topic: Like you said, I too wish they would release more footage. I'm definitely interested but want to know what the game is actually about and how it plays.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I really hope this game turns out great, looks super unique!
I won't get to play it till 2023 when it lands on Xbox, but I hope it is a great experience for those that are buying the game on playstation :)

Y0ssarian

Banned
Fark. Horizon FW, Elden Ring, Stranger of Paradise, Gran Turismo and Ghostwire Tokyo all in the space of feb/march.

Last edited:

Camreezie

I feel like Ghostwire is gonna get dumped on by reviewers. And yes it does seem like its had zero marketing but maybe that is indicative of it having a place in a state of play soon

Top Bottom