• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Chuck

Still without luck
No Bombcast threads anymore? Livecast ruins everything.

Anyways, really weird how they didn't seem to do much research on the Switch since they had days to do so before discussing it. Dan not knowing if they sticks were offset (which is the logo), no one knowing they the joycons have 2 triggers, including the hideaway triggers are known.

Bombcast 453 - Big Beautiful Timestamps

0:00:23 - Introduction by the crew, Battlefield 1 Onesie banter

News
0:05:43 - Nintendo unveils the Switch (Mega Discussion)

0:47:32 - Dollar Shave Club advert

0:50:00 - Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer
0:57:13 - DDOS attacks on PSN, Netflix, etc.
1:00:15 - BS Zelda no Densetsu dub
1:05:48 - Star Trek: Bridge Crew delayed to 14th March, 2017

What games have the crew played?
1:06:19 - Jeff talks about Titanfall 2

1:25:36 - Leesa mattress advert

1:27:28 - Drew talks about My Summer Car
1:34:09 - Jason talks about birthday cake shenanigans and Slayaway Camp
1:37:46 - Jason talks about God Eater and mentions Titanfall

1:38:47 - Jeff talks about building the PC

1:45:04 - Dan talks about DDR (inc. other music games discussion)
1:47:46 - Brad talks about Headmaster, for the PSVR
1:52:49 - Brad talks about World of Final Fantasy

Emails
1:58:29 - Nintendo Switch’s lack of standard d-pad (inc. online system discussion)
2:02:31 - Nintendo Switch having games where you play on the tablet in portrait mode
2:04:08 - Nintendo Switch’s marketing leading to possible confusion with the Wii brand?
2:07:01 - Nintendo Switch benefitting from shovelware (inc. Wii U ports discussion)
2:09:52 - Details that haven’t been announced for Nintendo Switch (battery life, etc.)
2:12:51 - Nintendo Switch moving away from games that have a smaller-scope
2:15:41 - Miyamoto revealing Mario’s age being 24 (inc. deep lore discussion)
2:19:38 - Initial reaction to Gamecube’s iconic handle
2:21:02 - Day 1 Patches and game size
2:25:19 - Dan, I want to buy your PS4.
2:26:33 - GAME is charging customers to try their PSVR demo unit
2:29:41 - Volition’s new game, Agents of Mayhem
2:30:04 - Microsoft promoting Red Dead Redemption 2 on Scorpio
2:31:57 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
2:33:46 - Live inside the world of any rap video
2:35:19 - Auto insurance and high-profile clients
2:36:34 - Mario can breathe underwater but Sonic cannot
2:38:03 - Eating a whole 20 oz. bag of grated cheese at once
2:40:51 - Macaroni Salad or Potato Salad? (inc. pizza crust discussion towards the end)

2:48:07 - Closing comments & Goodbye

for new page.

Mr. F

Banned
No Bombcast threads anymore? Livecast ruins everything.

Anyways, really weird how they didn't seem to do much research on the Switch since they had days to do so before discussing it. Dan not knowing if they sticks were offset (which is the logo), no one knowing they the joycons have 2 triggers, including the hideaway triggers are known.

I too was wondering how I had more concrete knowledge on the Switch from cursory browsing the day it was announced than they did almost a week later (minus Jeff).

jambo

They probably watched the video once or twice and didn't look at any promo shots or details.

Also I think Drew mentioned the 2 trigger thing.

oti

Banned
What? I think Dishonored is the best game of the last generation by a country mile.

image.php

How does it feel.
To be alone.

GB doesn't have time for research. They have Premium content to deliver.

Gobias

Banned
One of these days someone needs to go on the Bombcast and ask why they eat Dominos. Shit proves there is such a thing as bad pizza.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff's wrong about pizza crust

Pizza crust is alright but it's like doubly filling compared to the pizza and I'd rather spend my stomach storage on something that tastes good and not just 'alright'

What? I think Dishonored is the best game of the last generation by a country mile.

I got yo back on this one jim! Maybe there's other games from that timeframe I'd rank equally, but Dishonored is definitely in my top tier.

So cool to basically be getting another modern Looking Glass game in a couple weeks. I can understand why these games don't "click" so strongly to everybody, but Deus Ex, Thief, and now Dishonored have this combination of mechanics, atmosphere, and level design that scratches just the right itch for me.

Interestingly I could never develop a love for BioShock. The setting was top notch but gameplay ended up feeling like a chore eventually.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Speaking of Dishonored, I have a steam key for that definitive edition of Dishonored 1 that I don't need.
Soooooo.....suck it losers

PM me if you want it. Please include why Brad Nicholson is your favorite GB crew member, thanks.
I'll be gone for the next 45 hours or so though cause civ VI

Johndoey

Banned
The suggestion Nintendo should use proprietary SD storage is crazy to me, as a consumer.
--
Dishonored has a great art style and voice acting, nothing else of note.

Xater

Speaking of Dishonored, I have a steam key for that definitive edition of Dishonored 1 that I don't need.
Soooooo.....suck it losers

PM me if you want it. Please include why Brad Nicholson is your favorite GB crew member, thanks.
I'll be gone for the next 45 hours or so though cause civ VI

I wish I could play CIV IV. I am so jealous. :(

Top Bottom