• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speak of crystal lizards, does anyone have a link to that dancing crystal lizard .gif? I tried searching but had no luck.

Thanks in advance. I know you won't let me down!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
0339_9zjxp.gif
0339_9zjxp.gif
0339_9zjxp.gif
0339_9zjxp.gif
0339_9zjxp.gif
0339_9zjxp.gif

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Patrick being embarrased by playing Dangan Ronpa is fucked up though. What?

Dude you're not playing Love Plus or some :icecream shit or something. What's wrong with this picture.

That game has like 2 fanservice pics...and thats it. I was surprised it was as restrained as it was.

:lol @ hiding the fact that you're playing Danganronpa from your wife. That's really sad, actually.

Is a game with strong female characters
and female villians.
And the main guy being Generic Anime Student is kind of annoying when compared with the female main.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dude, it's fine to have irrational hang-ups about things you're not familiar with. Hell, I have irrational hang-ups about onions. If he's embarrassed that it's anime then it's his call really, though he should know that it ultimately makes no sense.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, ever since I was young I was afraid of onions till the point of revulsion whenever I even see it. Was the same with garlic until I realised that garlic is delicious.

Still can't deal with onions. It's irrational, but whatever, every person is entitled to a few irrationalities as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Jintor

Only bad thing about onions is chopping those motherfuckers. If you wash them in water they sting your eyes less, but they still suck.

spiritfox

Ugh, this Bombin'. So much irrational hate towards a game.

Edit: Truth Bullets is bad? You need to play more Japanese games, Patrick. I recommend Bravely Default, or any SE game in general.

demidar

Okay just finished that part.

I can kind of see where you guys are coming from, but I didn't really perceive any of it. Hate is taking it waaaaay too far, at worst you can call it morbid curiosity.

spiritfox

Okay just finished that part.

I can kind of see where you guys are coming from, but I didn't really perceive any of it. Hate is taking it waaaaay too far, at worst you can call it morbid curiosity.

I think it's ironic to hear someone disparaging a game, and people who play that game, for having a bear as a headmaster when that person enjoys watching muscled costumed men fake fight each other. Different people have different tastes, Alex.

Lethal

Neo Member
Man...sometimes Alex seems like he really wants the hate. I just wanna be all "yo chill out, bruh. Hit this OG fizz bubble purp."

Zabant

Come on guys, the GB crew has always been a little dismissive of anything anime related, Jeff was the originator of "Anime is for Jerks" (though ironically he seems to have come around on it the most, perhaps due to persona 4)

They apply the dismissive but ultimately playfull term "Anime editor" to brad just for knowing the slightest bit of Japanese.

I'm not surprised Alex and Pat also share a dismissive attitude towards anime stylings in games, especially as they seem like the most easily influenced, with a want to fit in with their peers.

I just take whatever they say when it comes to this stuff lightly and with a grain of salt.

LiK

RE4 PC looks great. Gonna grab it when it's on sale.

I dunno why but I laughed hard when Jeff said "and I was like" before Belmont's face zoomed in at the beginning of LoS2 segment. XD

LackingSaint

Neo Member
That guy is really not good in adapting games to anime... But still gets jobs.

I watched the anime prior to doing anything with the game, and thought it had an awesome style and was pretty charming. It this one of those "The book is better" things where people that saw the original can easily see all the flaws of an adaptation?

Jintor

I watched the anime prior to doing anything with the game, and thought it had an awesome style and was pretty charming. It this one of those "The book is better" things where people that saw the original can easily see all the flaws of an adaptation?

which one, the dangan ronpa anime or the persona 4 anime?

RE4 is a true classic. I even enjoyed the shooting galleries. Seeing the game in UPF makes me want to play it again...

No, that was its defining feature.

I agree. The pointer would only appear on targets when you could actually hit them - this made hitting targets that were farther away or performing headshots easier. Without a pointer it would have been a much more frustrating experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom