• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gilligan's Island appreciation thread (yes, really)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALIS

cast6vo.jpg

I think it's one of the funniest and most clever sitcoms ever. The 60's had awesome sitcoms like Gilligan and Batman and Bewitched that were just silly, ridiculous and fun. None of this heartwarming family humor junk or slice of a 20-something's life nonsense. Some prominent Gilligan's Island plotlines were a monkey getting into a cache of plastic explosives, natives on the island trying to marry off their fat, ugly daughter to Gilligan, a Beatles-esque rock band getting stranded on the island, or the ever present Zulu headhunters! THAT'S GOOD TV BABY!

The entire cast were great character actors, especially Jim Bacchus as Thurston Howell III. He was fantastic and stole every scene he was in.

th31hs.gif

Not to mention both Ginger and Mary Ann were some nice eye candy. I wonder what they got up to in that hut on those lonely, humid nights. Maybe the Professor made them a bamboo double ender. <mind wanders>

gingermaryann4vh.gif

But, again, the glory of Gilligan's Island (yes, I said glory) was in the ridiculous plots. Here are a few more:

Episode #8: Gilligan discovers a special tree sap that can be used to make a good tasting pancake syrup.

Episode #10: The Skipper uncovers a carved statue of a Tiki God.

Episode #13: Mr. Howell loses $3 million to Gilligan in a golfing contest.

Episode #15: The Castaways are captured by a Japanese sailor who thinks that WWII never ended. When the other castaways are captured, it is up to Gilligan to save them.

Episode #20: The women decide to move to the other side of the island in protest.

Episode #22: A gorilla kidnaps Mrs. Howell.

Episode #25: Mrs. Howell decides to engineer a romance between Gilligan and Mary Ann.

Episode #27: Mr. Howell wins all of the Skipper's possessions betting on turtle races.

Episode #35: After Gilligan saves Mrs. Howell's life, Mr. Howell decides to make him his son.

Pancake syrup! Turtle races! Gorilla kidnappings! And this was all just in season one (of three)!

So who else has the love for Gilligan? Speak your piece. HATERS GO DIE!

Some other favorites:

The episode where they find radiation enhanced vegetable seeds and grow this really weird garden.

The one where soviet cosmonauts splashed down next to the island.

The one where some kind of criminals were on the island, so the castaways pretend to be natives.

White Man

Gilligan's Discovery Ch. 06 - Mr. Howell recalls Mary Ann's glorious cock and ball torture.

The Story said:
Beginning to rub his cock, Howell thought back to that painful, but exciting time. He had entered his room and was getting undressed to take a shower when he heard a voice.

“Did you enjoy your run Mr. Howell?”

He looked up to see Mary Ann emerge from his closet and immediately turned to run, but found Ginger standing at the door. She immediately closed the door and leaned on it.

“You liked watching, well now it’s time to turn the tables,” Mary Ann growled. “Ginger is going to watch me torture that tiny cock and those two marbles of yours.”

I absolutely love Gilligan's Island.

Has anyone seen the episode with the Harlem Globetrotters?

And the Professor could have been getting Hollywood tail, as well as sweet country girl tail every night if he would have stopped with all the science.

Thurston Howell III was the man, and I still have a crush on Mary Ann.

EdLuva

sportzhead said:
I absolutely love Gilligan's Island.

Has anyone seen the episode with the Harlem Globetrotters?

And the Professor could have been getting Hollywood tail, as well as sweet country girl tail every night if he would have stopped with all the science.

Thurston Howell III was the man, and I still have a crush on Mary Ann.

HAHA I was about to mention the Harlem Globetrotter episode.
Yes, Mary Ann was definitely the best looking between her and Ginger, plus she made the best coconut cream pies ever!

What station is this show on now? and when?

I remember watching it and the Beverly Hillbillies every weekday back as a kid when it was syndicated to my local channels. Good stuff. Think the block of TV was bigger too with Andy Griffith and My 3 Sons I think.

my favorite episode was the one where they finally thought of a really good idea to get off the island, and were about to do it, when Gilligan found a way to fuck things up, then the Skipper takes off his hat.

VALIS

Ninja Scooter said:
my favorite episode was the one where they finally thought of a really good idea to get off the island, and were about to do it, when Gilligan found a way to fuck things up, then the Skipper takes off his hat.

Bah! Yeah, they relied on that a little to often but they also had a lot of real inventive and atypical ideas. Mrs. Howell was kidnapped by a gorilla, for christ sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom