• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gimme the lowdown on Soulseek

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I don't know you too well, but you seem to not know a whole lot. The majority of the things that you ask for, can easily be found by doing a simple search.

There was a Slsk thread just days ago...

Trevelyon

lohan.gif

Dude, re-size & compress that monster.

477.81 kb

aoi tsuki

Good for obscure stuff, but i hardly use it because i end up uploading several times more than i ever download because no one has what i want.

Bittorrent is still the easiest and fastest for mainstream stuff.

mattx5

I've been using Soulseek for a week or two now, and I too have to admit that I'm getting sick of the queues.

Is WinMX any good?

Eh, i still really like soulseek. I dont mind the queues as long as they arent too long. Its not like I need the song or album at that very moment.

border

Soulseek is mostly just one disappointment after another. You search for something semi-obscure, and most of the time you can get results.....but you get stuck waiting in some user's shitty queue forever until they go offline and never come back.

So it's sort of this awful love-hate thing. "Hooray, I found that band I was looking for! Fuck, there are 300 people in line waiting to download before me!"

BuddyC

You know, the easiest way around the queues is to donate. $5 a month to bypass queues isn't that bad, but I can see where that would be too pricey for some. Regardless, I'd rather pay $5 for a few obscure albums than full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom