• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girls Frontline |OT| The Right to Keep and Bear Waifus...

dropkick!

gzWyuXD.jpg

Girls Frontline |OT| Murica Edition
The Right to Keep and Bear Waifus
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

I. Intro

Girls Frontline is a Mobile Game Available for Android and Apple devices. This game is pretty much KanColle but with guns instead of ships. One of the good things about this game is that it is surprisingly deep and you will not need too much dishing out money compared to other mobile gacha games. You can almost literally grind out everything, and the bigger difference between a high level player over lower level player is that he grinded much longer and spent resources smarter.​
A. Story
Too long to write here, so here’s a synopsis:​
TLDR Infection killed many humans, societies create Androids for civilian use, After WW3 and scientist arguments occur, Sangvis Ferri start getting ahead of android AI tech. Government attacks Sangvis, Sangvis AI took over and became rouge. Now you are called during training to clean up the mess...​
II. How to Play
A. Types of Missions
Combat Mode – This is pretty much the Main Campaign of the game. You will follow the AR team’s adventures as you go further. It will cost you resources to participate, and if your units die during battle, it will lower your affection score towards that T-Doll​
Logistic Support – Logistics is your main source of resources for this game. You pretty much let your squad to scout for a certain amount of time, and you will get resources and some items depending on the reward. It will not cost you a thing to participate on these mission (aside your squad’s time).​
Combat Simulations – Kinda similar to Combat Mode, but will not cost you the main resources, and T-Dolls dying through battle won’t impact affection. Will give you different rewards depending on what type of simulation you finished.​
Operations – Your event missions. Similar to Combat Mode, and has story components too, but can only be done in a limited time.​
B. The Combat Map
The Combat Map allows you to control all you squads (called echelons) across the mission. In Day Battles, your main goal is to capture the enemy Command Post, while in Night Battle, your goal is to destroy all enemies (while dealing with Fog of War and reduced stats). During your turn, you are given set amount of steps you can do depending on how much nodes you have captured on the map.​
You need to remember that you can capture a node by either making your unit stay on that node on the end of turn, or capturing all the nodes surrounding it.​
CWCgWqi.jpg
Command Post – Your headquarters. If this gets captured (by either direct capturing or being surrounded), you lose. Always guard this structure. Command Post also allows your echelons to be dropped in there and be resupplied.​
6nwZskH.jpg
Heliport – Heliports acts the same way as Command Posts that it allows you to spawn your echelons in there be resupplied. However it is not like Command Post as you can capture or recapture a Heliport and it will not immediately win you the game.​
Dq5ipsy.jpg
Mystery nodes – will give you a random event when you step in. You can earn resources or items, or lose resources or even be ambushed by an opponent echelon. Once you have taken the Mystery reward, this node will return as a regular node.​
QFmSYbz.jpg
Radar Post – will make nodes 2 steps nearby perfect visibility during Night Battles.​
C. Combat and Echelon Formation
When your echelons meet an opponent at the map, a battle will occur like in the pic above. Your T-Dolls will be in their cute chibi form while duking it out in battle (as cute as possible). You can micromanage your units here by moving them around the tiles for your squad (to lessen the time he gets attacked, see kiting), or to manually command them to do skills.​
With this, your initial formation and T-Doll composition will be important. Each T-Dolls will excel at particular jobs and will have different tile buffs. These can determine what your echelons will be great at.​
D. Main Resources
FB_IMG_1532262436157.jpg
Girls Frontline is very much resource-heavy game, and the way to manage your resources will determine how well you go up fast without any kind of hiccups.​
Among other things, these 4 resources are a big part of the game, as you use them for battling as well as crafting and upgrading. Be wise and have self-control when spending!​
fgKEYxQ.png
Manpower – used for deploying troops on battlefield and repairing.​
y1uvWFm.png
Ammunition – used by your units to shoot enemies. Each T-Doll will have different rate of consumption, and each echelon will have 5 battles worth of ammo before running out.​
ot6ksyY.png
Rations – used by your units for energy. Each T-Doll will have different rate of consumption, and each echelons can carry 10 packs of rations. Echelons will eat 1 pack of rations every beginning of turn and another one per battle.​
fZWD4nc.png
Spare Parts – used for repairing your T-Dolls.​
E. Cores (and other items)
These are items, aside from your 4 major resources and gems,that you will encounter when playing the game. For beginner purposes, I cannot emphasize enough to not waste your Dummy cores!​
8jAZq14.png
Cores – Used for Dummy Linking your T-Dolls. T-Dolls will consume different amounts of Dummy Cores per different rarity:​
2 Star = 1 Dummy Core​
3 Star = 3 Dummy Cores​
4 Star = 9 Dummy Cores​
5 Star = 15 Dummy Cores​
Also, the amount of Dummy Cores needed for 4th Dummy Link doubles, and for the 5th Dummy link, the amount triples.​
This is why it is important to either save up your cores. It’s hard to resort to saving up for T-Doll dupes (either Dummy Linking them or retiring what you don't use for cores).​
K5GDOp4.png
Batteries – resource that is needed to create Combat reports (exp candy for your T-Dolls) and adopting pets for your dorm. You can get them at your dormitory. The amount of batteries you get is a function of how comfortable your T-Dolls are in your Dorm (that is where your Dorm Furniture comes in).​
SYi0Pju.png
K1z69Dp.png
Production Contracts – needed to produce either T-Dolls or Equipment. Can be obtain by finishing Logistics missions​
SYi0Pju.png
GGpPCKy.png
F0LgT86.png
Quick ____ Contracts – Contracts that immediately finish the timer for production, repair or training. These can be obtained by doing Logistics missions.​
C7CaRhT.png
Enhancement Capsules – Will improve the stats of your T-Dolls. Can be obtained at Capsule Modes Combat Simulation​
wLm0g6m.png
rMj5YlP.png
xzxwX21.png
Training Data – resources consumed per every skill training your T-Doll does. Can be obtained at Data Mode Combat Simulation​
jTcDIGT.png
Memory Fragment – (not yet available) resource used to remodel your T-Doll (MODs). Can be obtained at Neural Cloud Corridor Combat Simulation​
MgL8v6T.png
Friendship Points – Resource given to you for interacting with other players (using support echelons, liking dorms etc.). Friendship points are used as currency at the Friendship store.​
OfXj5EI.png
h1jP7DY.png
F3Vy6RN.png
Tokens, Black Cards, and Exchange Tickets – Tokens are used as a gacha currency for Furniture and Costumes (10 tokens = 1 roll). If you get costume dupes, you can exchange them into Black cards, which can be used to buy specific costumes without going through the gacha. Also, for every single roll, you get one Exchange Ticket, which can be used to buy on the same store (or turn to tokens after event).​
dN9jtBM.png
Oath Certificate – used for marrying your favorite waifu T-Dolls. Marrying your T-Dolls will increase the affection cap by 50, and give you benefits in stat boost and exp bonuses. Can only be obtained at the shop using Gems (Premium Currency bought with money)​
F. Dormitory
Dormitories are where your T-Dolls rests at your base. You can always visit them everyday to increase affection, and give them some gifts (like lollipops, cheesecakes, and combat reports). You can also arrange the dorm by adding furniture and putting pets you have adopted. This will increase your battery production, which will be important for Combat Reports.​
Also, your Dormitories also have other rooms, one of them is the Rescue Station. You can upgrade your facilities and adopt stray pets that come in to your dorm using batteries, and then put those adopted pets to the dorms so your T-Dolls can play around with them (how cute).​
Another room (which is probably a pretty darn important one) is the Data Room. Data Room and its facilities will allow Kalina to type out Combat Reports for you. Creating Combat Reports will consume Batteries and Surplus Exp that you got from battles, and its facilities will require Batteries for upgrading​
Note: PPSH will come out with a big robot and will fix your facilities in a really cute way. Although I still wonder why you need to have a big robot to clean a messy table... Oh well.​
For more information, visit:​

III. T-Dolls and Others

And finally, the main attraction of the game! T-Dolls are androids that are named after the gun they are equipped and operate. Think about them as your boats in Kancolle (that’s pretty much what they are... but guns).​
A. T-Doll Types
(this section is a work in progress, will add T-Doll illustrations later on)​
0PX4H5i.png
Sub Machine Gun dolls are your main tanking class. They have high HP, high Evasion stats, High rate of fire, High Mobility, but low Damage and Accuracy in general. Because of their high evasion, you want them to be in front and divert enemy fire, and will be ideal at boss fights. Their skills tend to either up their survivability (increase their evasion or force fields) or throw molotovs, smoke, or flashbangs. Their buffing formation benefits ARs.​
Notable SMG Dolls: IDW, Skorpion, Sten Gun, Ingram, UMP sisters, MP5, Thompson, SR-3MP, Vector, Suomi, G36c​
XchynOp.png
Assault Rifle dolls are the well-rounded jack-of-all-trades class. Medium (but well-sustained) damage, Medium HP, High Mobility and rate of fire. Because of their well-sustained way of dishing damage, they are used as DPS characters in many teams. Some AR dolls also have grenade skills (“nukers”) that can reign damage on many units at once and ignore their evasion stats. Their formation buffs mostly affect SMGs so it’s pretty common to have AR/SMG teams.​
Notable AR Dolls: FNC, OTs-12, AR Team (M4A1, AR-15, M16, SOPMOD), 404 (416, G11), FAL, G41​
3ffr567.png
Handgun dolls are your main support class dolls. They shine with their formation buffs that buffs everyone, their skills that can buff/debuff, and provide vision in Night Missions. They can be a pseudo/secondary tanking class much later in the game as soon as they can get to higher levels (when they get high evasion stats and wear exoskeletons). Beware though that despite having high evasion later in the game, their overall HP is still lower than of SMG.​
Notable HG Dolls: Astra, Type 92, Colt Revolver, Mk23, M950A Calico, Welrod, Grizzly, FN 5-7​
vDNxSW0.png
The (Sniper/Battle/Anti-Material) Rifle class are the small burst dolls in game. They tend to have slow rate of fire, but high accuracy and each shot packs a punch. Unlike the other classes, Rifles tend to aim at the most back end units and kill your opponent’s DPS units first, giving your tanks much greater survivability. They can also be equipped with Armor Piercing rounds, which will make them ideal against armored opponents. Their formation buffs generally affect Handguns, so you might see some HG/RF teams, especially as Night Squads.​
Notable RF Dolls: M14, Mosin Nagant, SVD, Springfield, WA2000, Lee Enfield, NTW 20​
QpGXczv.png
Machine Gun class are your burst-fire damage dolls. They have high rate of fire, high damage, high critical rate, but to offset all that, they have to reload after certain amount of time. Because of their firearm’s nature, they have slow mobility and high ammo consumption rate, so it is not generally advisable to use them as your main units when you are starting. Like RFs, MGs can be equipped with AP rounds and will be ideal to shoot off armored frontline units. Their formation buffs affect Shotguns.​
Notable MG Dolls: MG34, M2HB, M1918 BAR, Negev, MG5, PKP​
EWDfoqo.png
Shotgun class are your heavy armor type tanking class. Lugging that shield around with them, they have low mobility and evasion but have high HP and have armor (which is something unique to their class). Like MGs, SGs need to reload after certain time, and since they are lugging that chunk of shield with them, they tend to eat a lot of rations. To get them, you need to do Heavy Production, so it is not advisable to aim for them when you are starting. SG formation buffs affect MGs so it is advisable to do MG/SG teams as your Heavy Firepower units.​
Notable T-Dolls: Everyone of them. Be happy that you even got one.​
For the list of all released T-Dolls, go to:​
B. T-Doll Production
To produce many things in this game, you will need certain amount of the 4 main resources in the game (manpower/ammo/ration/parts. Remember this sequence as this is how people do recipe notations), as well as certain types of contracts. To make a T-Doll for example, you go to the factory and put a T-Doll Contract along with certain amount of resource and hope to RNG that he will give you the T-Doll that you want. This hopefully will make you mindful of your resource spending.​
1. Standard Production
T-Doll Standard production will consume 1 T-Doll contract and up to 999/999/999/999 resources. Standard Production will then guarantee to give you HG, SMG, AR, RF and MG doll from 2 to 5 stars. T-Doll recipes are around online to maximize the probability of getting a class that you want.​
It is recommended to just do 4 Standard Productions per day just to meet the Dailies. Although you can splurge once in a while, be sure you have spare resources.​
2. Heavy Production
Just like the name implies, Heavy Production will be much heavier resource wise. It will start at minimum 1000/1000/1000/1000 and goes to 9999/9999/9999/9999 resource per crafting. Unlike Standard production, Heavy production requires multiple T-Doll contracts AND CORES:​
Low Tier: 1 Contract/3 Cores​
Mid Tier: 20 Contracts/5 Cores​
High Tier: 50 Contracts/10 Cores​
Heavy Construction will at least not give you 2 star T-Dolls, and will be the only production that will give you Shotguns (gives you much appreciation to your Shotguns when you think about it). So if you are thinking of doing a Heavy Prod, aim for Shotgun recipes...​
It is recommended to only do Heavy Production once a week to satisfy weeklies. Anything else can be too much unless you wanna put yourself in resources hell and core hell.​
For more information, go to:​

3. Limited Drops & Events
There are T-Dolls that are only available as certain drops from boss stages and events. Limited Drop T-Dolls have a 1% drop rate per S-Ranking the emergency boss battle and another 1% drop from S-Ranking the whole emergency stage (Auto-Battles will guarantee both as S-Rank, so you get guaranteed 2% chance per every emergency auto-battle). So, yes, take care of those dolls once you get them after grinding hundreds of battles (or suck out all your luck and get them on your first try).​

Last edited:

dropkick!

C. Items, Fairies, and many other things
1. Equipment
Equipment below here can be given to your T-Dolls to improve their capabilities and stats. Each T-Doll can be equipped One Accessory, One Magazine, and one T-Doll Equipment depending on the level of the T-Doll. Each equipment can be upgraded and calibrated in the Skills menu.​
a. Accessories
yWSJhzH.png
Holographic Sight – EOTech Sights (http://www.eotechinc.com/holographic-weapons-technology). Improves Accuracy and Damage with slight penalty for Rate of Fire. Can be Equipped by AR, SMG, RF, MG, and SG classes.​
ewk9elY.png
Optical Sight – Magnified Scopes, Massively improves Critical Rate. Can be Equipped by AR, SMG, RF, MG, and SG classes.​
gxnqT9L.png
Red Dot Sight – Aimpoint Sights (https://www.aimpoint.com/about/the-company/originator/). Massively improves Accuracy with slight penalty for Rate of Fire. Can be equipped by AR, SMG, RF, MG, and SG classes.​
1maPoI8.png
Night Battle Equipment – Night Vision Equipment. Increases Night Vision capabilities and reduce Night Mission stat penalties. Can be equipped by AR, SMG, HG, and SG classes​
rC9Ztze.png
Suppressors – Reduces (not silence) firearm noise. Enhances Critical Rate and Evasion. Can be equipped by AR, SMG, RF, and HG classes. (Not fair, Shotguns have suppressors too).​
b. Magazines
dNckute.png
Hollow Point Ammo – Bullets that expand on hit, dissipates energy on target and reduces overpenetration. Increases Damage but reduces Armor Piercing stats. HG SMG​
GKcA56i.png
High Velocity Ammo – “Hotter” Full Metal Jacket Ammo round. Increases Damage. Can only be equipped by AR class.​
MOYOjHK.png
Armor Piercing Ammo – Just like the name implies, it’s an armor piercing ammo. Increases Armor Piercing stats. Can be equipped by RF and MG classes.​
ziwBRyB.png
Buckshot Shell – Shotgun shell that contains bunch of pellets. Increases Shotgun’s Damage and Critical Damage. Can only be equipped by SG Class.​
b8SxCNo.png
Slug Shell – Shotgun Shell that instead contains one massive bullet. Increases Shotgun’s Damage and Accuracy but reduces the amount of targets hit per shot to one. Can only be equipped by SG Class.​
c. T-Doll Equipment
wM69yCl.png
X & T Exoskeletons – Robotic equipment that can increase physical capabilities. Type X increases Evasion while Type T massively increases evasion with damage penalty. Can be equipped by SMG, AR, and HG classes.​
RcXnGgL.png
Camo Cloak – Used by Marksmen to blend in to their surroundings. Increases Critical Damage but reduces Movement Speed. Can only be equipped by RF class.​
AWYrI2E.png
Ammo Box – Extra-Large Ammo Backpack used by machine gunners. Increases Clip Size but reduces Evasion. Can only be equipped by MG class.​
zJtfHFc.png
Armor Plate – Kevlar Vest to increase survivability. Increases Armor but reduces Evasion. Can only be equipped by SG class and certain special AR dolls (particularly the AR team).​
2. Fairies (Not Yet Available) – Will be updated once they come out.​

IV. Fun Stuff!

Links and Communities​

Last edited:

Razzorn34

It can't be said enough to not squander your Cores for Dummy Linking. You can completely gimp yourself and not be able to progress effectively if you do. Don't be me. I didn't know this going in, and blew mine on a few 5 stars I got lucky rolling. Missions are ripping me up now, and I'll basically be forced to reroll.

Unlike most of these gacha games, low rarity girls can be extremely effective. Early on, you should be dummy linking those instead of the 4-5 star girls.

Dunki

sadly i can not play this with blue stacks...

It always says that my conection is too low to login at 60%.... And I have no idea why

dropkick!

Razzorn34 Razzorn34 yep, can't emphasize this enough... unless you are one of those lucky bastards that keep getting 4/5 stars with dupes...

Lucky bastards

D Dunki try emptying/expanding the useable memory you can use. This game has LOTS of assets

EDIT

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I can't find it in the app store, and when I try to use the link in the OT it says my devices are incompatible despite it only saying it needs an android 4.0.3 and up (I have 7.0). So what gives? Is there a region lock too (I am in Eastern Europe)?

Last edited:

Nattan

How do I take their clothes off
They need to take damage or you can make them wear skimpy outfits (bikini etc.)

I can't find it in the app store, and when I try to use the link in the OT it says my devices are incompatible despite it only saying it needs an android 4.0.3 and up (I have 7.0). So what gives? Is there a region lock too (I am in Eastern Europe)?
I can't find a list of all the countries the game is available in, but iirc most of European countries aren't on that list. You can just google the apk-file and install it that way.

mcz117chief

I can't find a list of all the countries the game is available in, but iirc most of European countries aren't on that list. You can just google the apk-file and install it that way.

It's ok, I don't really need it that badly. Just wanted to check it out and noticed it wasn't on the app store. Most of my mobile time is consumed by War Planet and Final Fantasy Opera Omnia so I could hardly fit another game into the schedule anyway.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Ah, I hadn't even realized there was a GAF thread for this. I've been playing since around launch, it's a fun game.

How'd you guys do in Cube? I got all tdolls except the 4* drop, which I didn't really try for.

dropkick!

Ah, I hadn't even realized there was a GAF thread for this. I've been playing since around launch, it's a fun game.

How'd you guys do in Cube? I got all tdolls except the 4* drop, which I didn't really try for.

I got everyone! I actually bullied ouro for 79 tries just to getPSG1

For people who missed out on the limited drops, I believe they will be available later in heavy prod. (And we will hate them lol).

Pejo

Gold Member
I got everyone! I actually bullied ouro for 79 tries just to getPSG1

For people who missed out on the limited drops, I believe they will be available later in heavy prod. (And we will hate them lol).
Yea I read that, which is why I stopped farming Ouro, lol. I figure I'll just get her later when she's added to the pool.

Also, don't forget - in a few days we have various rate-ups coming, so now is a good time to save resources. Everything except my Rations are at 30k+ currently, hoping to get to around 50k by not spending anything for the next few days. I'd really like to make a few higher rarity shotguns during doll rate-ups.

dropkick!

Yea I read that, which is why I stopped farming Ouro, lol. I figure I'll just get her later when she's added to the pool.

Also, don't forget - in a few days we have various rate-ups coming, so now is a good time to save resources. Everything except my Rations are at 30k+ currently, hoping to get to around 50k by not spending anything for the next few days. I'd really like to make a few higher rarity shotguns during doll rate-ups.

30k? Pffft. I got like 100k everything waiting for this event.

I know people who have 200k tho

Anyways... can't wait to get bunches of mp5s... T_T

Top Bottom