• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Give those game journalists a piece of your mind

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
SAN FRANCISCO (June 8, 2004) – Some of the bright stars in the bourgeoning field of video game journalism with share their thoughts with the next generation of game developers during “Meet the Press: Game Journalism Forum” scheduled from 6:00 – 8:30 pm on Fri., June 11 at The Art Institute of California – San Francisco (www.aicasf.aii.edu).

The event is free and open to all Bay Area students, game industry professionals and the general public. It is organized and hosted by students in the school’s Game Art & Design and Visual & Game Programming degree programs.

Speakers will include Mark MacDonald, Executive Editor of Electronic Gaming Monthly, Simon Cox, Editor-in-Chief of Xbox Nation magazine and Joe Markert, CEO and Founder of Gamehelper.com, along with other game journalists being confirmed.

The forum will cover current issues in the video game industry, how game journalists review titles and cover industry news, how the panelists started their careers, and their tips for up-and-coming game journalists and developers. The event also will include a Q&A session.

As a special treat, San Francisco-based gaming media publisher Ziff Davis will donate door prizes to several lucky attendees.

The Art Institute of California – San Francisco is located at 1170 Market Street (at 8th) in San Francisco’s Civic Center. The location is serviced by BART (Civic Center station) and numerous Muni lines along Market Street.

repub%20riot.jpg

And on the way to the conference, be sure to bring spare change for the homeless, and look out for everyone's favorite, crack whores, all cornerstones of the Tenderloin.

MC Safety

Make sure to voice your great outrage that Suikoden: The New Hat Adventures only got a 6.5 out of ten when it is clearly teh greatest.

IJoel

If you want mauling, send the author of GA's Ninja Gaiden review with a big sign sticked on him saying: I gave NG a C- on GA!

Also be sure to inform these press monkeys that there is in fact a creativity crisis in the videogames industry and that it is perpetuated by their deep-seated envy of Nintendo and its fans.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Hey, I used to be a press monkey! I take umbrage at your remarks! :p

Anyways, David Smith and Greg "GA has no credibility" Kasavin will be making an appearance, so don't bother wearing panties, ladies - you'll only get 'em wet.

WarPig

Also, the organizers apparently want to conclude the thing with a brief Halo game. Mark will probably be able to hold his own, but this is definitely your chance to kick my ass.

DFS.

WarPig

The organizers say the hall holds 150, and they expect between 30-50 attendees from the school. I have no way to accurately estimate attendance, but this seems to have gotten a decent amount of press, and a lot of local people show up to the Metreon PlayStation store events, so I'd guess it stands a good chance of filling up.

DFS.

jett

D-Member
Mr_Furious said:
FFS - when did gaming "journalists" become experts on both the video game industry and now product development?

Video game journalists is a fancy term for high school dropouts.

Mairu

I went with a friend. It was okay. The only thign that really bothered me is it was impossible to understand what Simon Cox was saying because you couldn't hear him. They had a fine powerpoint presentation though

gaming_evolves.jpg

rastex

Banned
I passed on it. Too much of a hassle to get to SF from work. So I just went to Golfland Arcade to play some 3S :)

Top Bottom