• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gizmondo delayed? a brazil kid am crying

evil ways

Yeah, they are just behind schedule in trying to meet the deman for all of 5 people that will buy it plus have an additional 2 units just in case for defective exchanges.

Their "sales force" hasn't been assembled yet, hence the delay.

Photos of their European sales force:

gizmondo3gsm20059te.jpg

IMG_0175.JPG

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I obviously agree with everyone else that the Gizmondo doesn't stand a chance in hell, but I wish you guys wouldn't laugh at the device. It is capable of a hell of a lot of really cool stuff that literally no other handheld title can do.

There's one in development that uses GPS to essentially turn the real world into GTA:SA-style turf war. The more places you visit (with the system on), the more territories are yours. It sounded... really cool.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3142541

But with the reputed North American launch date fast approaching (August 11 is the last we heard), and not a peep out of the Gizmondo marketing group which was once notorious for blasting out the press releases, we have to ask, where is the revolution now?

Perhaps they blew all their marketing money on the Regent Street launch party, because a call to their former PR firm confirmed that Gizmondo was no longer a client. Why? Failure to pay the bills. A UK source also tells us that staff at the flagship store in London was scaled down this week due, no doubt, to extremely low sales.

A North American launch, at this date, seems seriously in doubt, although EBGames still lists the console, pushing back the release date to September 20.

In July, Tiger Telematics announced that the European-based office would be "streamlined" in preparation for the opening of an office in Los Angeles, California. However, the most recent SEC filing dated July fifth mentions no new lease agreement for office space in California. The filing does, however, post an unaudited operating loss of nearly 17.9 million dollars for 2004.

HUAHAUHAUUAHAHUAHUAH

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
when all is said and done.... i hope MS nabs warthog :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gizmondo/where-for-art-thou-gizmondo-115733.php

Interestingly, when I started making my calls I began getting odd reactions to my questions. It sounds like the U.S. pr firm for the Gizmondo release, is no longer handling press for the device. And this news comes less than a week before the launch date for the device?

Then I hear that no one, in fact, is handling U.S. press for the launch. Instead all press calls are being handled by a UK person… that’s worldwide.

I’ve always thought that this device was going to go over like an N-Gage at a Nintendo press conference, but I thought it would at least make a showing.

Now it looks like the device will never get out the door, at least not in the U.S.

Top Bottom