• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goat Simulator 3 Advert Gets DMCA'd by Take-Two For Including GTA 6 Leaked Gameplay

Draugoth

Gold Member

gta-goat-simulator-3.jpg

Take-Two Interactive has issued a DMCA takedown on a Goat Simulator 3 Twitter video as it contained leaked gameplay of GTA 6.

The hilarious advert was only up for a couple of hours and focused on an NPC named Shaun. Shaun gave an overview of his NPC duties and included footage of the famous GTA 6 leaks that hit the internet earlier this year that contained over 90 gameplay videos.

The developers of Goat Simulator 3 responded to the original tweet with a *Chuckles” I’m in danger” Simpsons GIF after the video was DMCA’d.

You can watch the re-uploaded video here:

It’s unclear if Take-Two Interactive will pursue any more legal action because of the video.

After the GTA 6 hack, Take-Two announced during its earnings call that although the hack was unfortunate, they didn’t believe it will affect its development.

fuck Take Two and anyone who keeps giving them/Rockstar money.

not gonna lie i'll be playing GTA VI but i'll buy a second hand copy off eBay so Rockstar don't see a penny of my money. i don't buy physical games anymore but i'll make a point to when it comes to GTA VI.

Last edited:
Genius marketing and it being taken down (which they obviously expected) will only get it even more attention. Full credit to the marketing team of the game for this.
yup. i mean if they HADN'T included it then nobody would be talking about, this thread wouldn't be made, and i would never have seen the video or known about the game.

great marketing. they knew what they were doing and i respect it. makes me almost want to buy the game to support them. the game doesn't interest me but i respect that shit.

not gonna lie i'll be playing GTA VI but i'll buy a second hand copy off eBay so Rockstar don't see a penny of my money. i don't buy physical games anymore but i'll make a point to when it comes to GTA VI.
Go on mate, you tell ‘em!!…….

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

You cannot seriously believe it works like this.

Haha that's awesome, I saw it earlier yesterday and figured they'd get in trouble.

Goat Simulator 3 is actually a pretty good game too, my kids all love it and my wife and I actually play with them at times and have a blast. I've been calling it GTA for kids, same level of ridiculous open world insanity without the adult content.

SJRB

Gold Member
Why would you do this? All this does is give Goat Sim a massive PR boost while painting yourself as a total asshole.

Not to mention by doing this you expose said footage to 10000% more people than it ever would if it was just that advert.

These people never learn.

That's not how it works. You buying second-hand still supports Take Two. That was still a copy that was sold and you buying it means someone else won't and will result in more retail copies being sold.

So either don't get the game at all or just admit your part of the "problem" and include yourself in that group you're telling to fuck off.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
And now lots of people are talking about Goat Simulator, thanks toTake2.

Makes me wonder if this was planed by Coffee Stain Studios, as some 4D chess move to gain some notoriety for their game.

FingerBang

I'm gonna buy the game just because of this ad. LOL

Also, man, Rockstar really didn't cheap out on that Latina ass. Representation done right!

midnightAI

That's not how it works. You buying second-hand still supports Take Two. That was still a copy that was sold and you buying it means someone else won't and will result in more retail copies being sold.

So either don't get the game at all or just admit your part of the "problem" and include yourself in that group you're telling to fuck off.
That isnt fully how it works also.

Most people who are buying second hand either dont want to pay the full amount or can't pay the full amount so they will still hunt down a used copy.

Buying second hand does not support Take Two directly (except for paid content/DLC of course if they add that)

If that's above your head, then it's not worth trying to explain it to you further.

A simple example:
Let's assume a CD is used 10 times and resold, according to your logic, the record company still sees money 10 times, which is complete nonsense. Namely, if the CD
10 times used is resold, the record company sees 10 times no money. How is that supposed to work on the used market??? The user midnightAI midnightAI also tried to explain that. Just wondering who the idiot is here.

Last edited:
A simple example:
Let's assume a CD is used 10 times and resold, according to your logic, the record company still sees money 10 times, which is complete nonsense. Namely, if the CD
10 times used is resold, the record company sees 10 times no money. How is that supposed to work on the used market??? The user midnightAI midnightAI also tried to explain that. Just wondering who the idiot is here.
These are finite resources. If people buy up the used market, it doesn't magically get restocked. They get restocked by adding more copies of the game, that all originally come from the game manufacturer.

It doesn't work like you're suggesting where one person got the game and the entire used market is people passing this one game back and forth.

Last edited:

midnightAI

These are finite resources. If people buy up the use market, it doesn't magically get restocked. They get restocked by adding more copies of the game, that all originally come from the game manufacturer.
Actually, it does get restocked to a degree, because the people most likely to buy used are getting it because they cant afford it or dont want to pay that amount and then get back some of that money by selling that copy again and putting it back into the second hand market.

//DEVIL//

The logic doesn't exist within this post.

If I want to buy a used game and I can't find it ( because as you said someone else did buy it, it will not make me go buy it new ( or anyone since wanting it used means you do not see the value of it buying it new ) then ill wait till someone else sell his copy.

There is a reason why MS got shit from everyone during the Xbox one pre-release and every other video game business company pushing for more online and less physical. so you can't sell the game.

Why? You don’t want them to make GTA VII?

Top Bottom