• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarök free DLC has a longer campaign than this year's Call Of Duty

Draugoth

Gold Member
resize

Valhalla only released yesterday so there’s no HowLongToBeat time yet as completion times continue to trickle in but players appear to have taken between three and six hours to tackle the main meat of the game, but many report that there is well over 10 hours of content if you want to see all that is on offer. In comparison, Modern Warfare III’s main campaign comes in at around three to six hours too, but closer to nine hours for full completion. It’s a tight race.

Source

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
But it’s still Ragnarok so it’s like comparing shit to shit with sprinkles…
Apparently this one doesn't beat you over the head with cutscenes. The combat encounters and system in GOW are pretty solid so more of them and less of Atreus is a great thing in my book.

Last edited:

Fake

Are gaming journalism going that low?

I mean, there is a list of games that beat MW3 campaign. You don't need a crystal ball to know that, just being a regular gamer.

I guess you enjoy reading low effort, tabloid level, cringeposts.

Are gaming journalism going that low?

I mean, there is a list of games that beat MW3 campaign. You don't need a crystal ball to know that, just being a regular gamer.

The problem here is that you're confusing these clickbait-driven gaming media news sites and the people who work for them for journalists. They never have been and never will be.

Actual gaming journalism is the sole remit of gaming YouTubers these days like GVMERs and Mike McMuscles (I think he's called).

3, 6, 10 or however many hours makes no difference because cod campaigns are usually shite and not worth playing anyway. The fact that it's shorter is a good thing in this case.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Valhalla only released yesterday so there’s no HowLongToBeat time yet as completion times continue to trickle in but players appear to have taken between three and six hours to tackle the main meat of the game, but many report that there is well over 10 hours of content if you want to see all that is on offer. In comparison, Modern Warfare III’s main campaign comes in at around three to six hours too, but closer to nine hours for full completion. It’s a tight race.

The article is contradicting itself within itself.

Fbh

Not that I've cared for COD in years or that I don't think MW3 is an obvious DLC turned full priced cashgrab.
But I still think it's weird how everyone seems to pretend the campaign is a major selling point of COD for these jokes and comparisons to work

GHG

That's not a defense...It's more like if you see a 5 and a 6 arguing at a beauty pageant and you say to yourself hmmm.

What you did was a classic case of defense via deflection.

"hur dur but GOW is shit too" (it's not)

If you didn't care you wouldn't have felt the need to say anything, especially not in a manner that attempts to drag the superior product down to the same level.

But if this is how you're going to deal with mockery and criticism of COD then so be it, it happens every year.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
What’s the DLC like is it a full single player add on ? Somebody I spoke to today said it’s more like a horde mode?

R3TRODYCE

"hur dur but GOW is shit too" (it's not)
I could've sworn this thread was about COD and GOW which both have shitty last entries. I must've been mistaken and entered the wrong thread.

But now I see what really hurt your feelings...Ice up son

GHG

I could've sworn this thread was about COD and GOW which both have shitty last entries. I must've been mistaken and entered the wrong thread.

But now I see what really hurt your feelings...Ice up son

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

But you keep telling yourself that.

Top Bottom