• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War TV Series is coming to Amazon Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTK

Banned
Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It'd be cool to have more info, like who's running it and who are the writters.

It'll be interesting to check out. Will it be good? Hopefully, but I'm still concerned.

Barlow

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/amazon-god-of-war-tv-series-1235281943/
The streamer has greenlit a series based on the award-winning PlayStation game God of War. The Wheel of Time’s Rafe Judkins will serve as showrunner on the adaptation, and Oscar nominees Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men, Iron Man, The Expanse) are writing and executive producing with Judkins.

Sony Pictures Television and Amazon Studios are producing God of War in association with PlayStation Productions.

“God of War is a compelling, character-driven franchise that we believe will captivate our global customers as much with its expansive and immersive worlds as its rich storytelling,” Vernon Sanders, head of global television at Amazon Studios, said in a statement. “We are honored to share in the adventure of exploring the God of War mythology in such a momentous way with Sony Pictures Television, PlayStation Productions and [game developer] Santa Monica Studio.”

Judkins, Fergus and Ostby are executive producing God of War with Santa Monica Studio creative director Cory Barlog, PlayStation Productions’ Qizilbash and Carter Swan, Santa Monica Studio’s Yumi Yang and Vertigo’s Roy Lee. Santa Monica Studio’s Jeff Ketcham is co-EP.
The series, in development since March, will follow Kratos, the God of War, who exiles himself from his blood-soaked past in ancient Greece and hangs up his weapons forever in the Norse realm of Midgard. "When his beloved wife dies," the show's description reads, "Kratos sets off on a dangerous journey with his estranged son to spread her ashes from the highest peak — his wife's final wish. Kratos soon realizes the journey is an epic quest in disguise, one which will test the bonds between father and son, and force Kratos to battle new gods and monsters for the fate of the world

Last edited:

AmuroChan

Gold Member
HBO is getting massacred by Discovery and I’m not sure anyone wants to risk project cancellations/delays while they figure their shit out

HBO is not going to go under. That's one of the few valuable assets that Discovery/WB owns. Also, Sony can always take the show to another network if shit hits the fan. They're already in bed with HBO on TLOU and a couple of other projects.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Amazon Prime? Yuck. Should've gone to HBO who actually knows how to produce good shows.

The Expanse (whose writers are onboard), The Boys, The Devil's Hour, The Terror, The Marvelous Ms. Maisel, The Rings of Power, and Good Omens beg to differ. I'd be far more worried if it had gone to Netflix or Apple.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The Expanse (whose writers are onboard), The Boys, The Devil's Hour, The Terror, The Marvelous Ms. Maisel, The Rings of Power, and Good Omens beg to differ. I'd be far more worried if it had gone to Netflix or Apple.
Don't forget Wheels of Time .... wait a minute ....

AmuroChan

Gold Member

Hated Rings of Power. Thought it was absolutely awful. Same for Wheel of Time, which was another Sony/Amazon production. Expanse and The Boys were good, but overall I find Amazon shows to be more misses than hits. HBO to me is the best when it comes to percentage of good shows vs bad ones. Netflix is at the bottom for me. Apple I can't speak to since I don't have Apple TV.

Kupfer

I miss the times when games were made by players for players and we as players were ridiculed by "normal" people but left alone.

Just because there is so much money behind the once good franchises and some managers sniff the big money, mediocre products are being produced, produced, produced.

You have almost no chance to escape the oversaturation and eventually we have only a gray uniform mush, which must satisfy all and no longer dares anything. We can already see it today. The AAA titles rarely dare to do anything anymore, work off their checklists and function to 80% according to the same, promising formula.

Boring. That's all I can think of.

I'm bored by AC
I'm bored by Horizon
I'm bored by CoD
I'm bored by FC
I'm bored by GoW
I'm bored by Halo
I'm bored by BF

All the franchises I used to like became boring by doing the same over and over again. Adding series to that now doesn't make it any better. Only non-gamers can be additionally bored.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Hated Rings of Power. Thought it was absolutely awful. Same for Wheel of Time, which was another Sony/Amazon production. Expanse and The Boys were good, but overall I find Amazon shows to be more misses than hits. HBO to me is the best when it comes to percentage of good shows vs bad ones. Netflix is at the bottom for me. Apple I can't speak to since I don't have Apple TV.
I didn't. Preferred it greatly over House of the Dragon. And as said before, The Boys was also Sony/Amazon production. Personally, I find that Amazon offers the most content to my taste.

As for Apple, Foundation, Invasion, and Servant were disappointments. Physical and The Morning Show were good though. I haven't watched For All Mankind, so can't comment on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom