• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War TV Series is coming to Amazon Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaneIsPain

Rafe judkins.
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Amazon should get fucked. This game doesn’t need it at all since it tells a great story by itself. If you want to know the universe and story that bad, play the fucking game and appreciate the hard work that went into that.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
This could be great, it should star Bezos as Kratos.

images

He could start by slaying the MySpace owner (there was one right?), and vow against killing Bill Gates to take the throne. Bezos could work his way up, taking out Bill’s lackeys and Zuckerberg and at the end have Elon Musk appear purchasing Twitter.

I have a very strong feeling that they will find a way to ruin God of War, but I guess we’ll see what happens.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
I miss the times when games were made by players for players and we as players were ridiculed by "normal" people but left alone.

Just because there is so much money behind the once good franchises and some managers sniff the big money, mediocre products are being produced, produced, produced.

You have almost no chance to escape the oversaturation and eventually we have only a gray uniform mush, which must satisfy all and no longer dares anything. We can already see it today. The AAA titles rarely dare to do anything anymore, work off their checklists and function to 80% according to the same, promising formula.

Boring. That's all I can think of.

I'm bored by AC
I'm bored by Horizon
I'm bored by CoD
I'm bored by FC
I'm bored by GoW
I'm bored by Halo
I'm bored by BF

All the franchises I used to like became boring by doing the same over and over again. Adding series to that now doesn't make it any better. Only non-gamers can be additionally bored.
Move on from AAA IPs. There’s a whole world beyond those games.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Chris Judge can't be Kratos

Chris Judge 20 years ago would be perfect, but by the time this starts shooting he will be 60.

Yeah they could maybe get away with it if they just start at norse Mythology and only plan on one season. But I doubt they will

ReBurn

Gold Member
When Sony/amazon first announced that they were making "The Boys" a lot of people were skeptical. Not knowing that the source material had a ton of potential.

Given what Sony did with The Boys on Amazon Prime, I'm excited.
I like The Boys a lot and I agree with you.

tommib

Gold Member
Welcome to the streaming age. Everything will be adapted/redone/rebooted, and it'll all be terrible. We did this to ourselves.
True, man. We can only blame the audiences. If audiences disappear the entertainment business will rethink itself.

Everyone’s complaining about the death of cinema since everything is marvel and super-heroes but they’re all day one for half the globe. We did this to ourselves indeed.

Yoboman

Gold Member
True, man. We can only blame the audiences. If audiences disappear the entertainment business will rethink itself.

Everyone’s complaining about the death of cinema since everything is marvel and super-heroes but they’re all day one for half the globe. We did this to ourselves indeed.
On the contrary if they are doing adaptations I welcome them doing videogame adaptations and doing it right

1) Game stories are way, way more varied than Marvel stories on repeat
2) Grows the audiences of the games like the Witcher and Cyberpunk did

Problem is all the adaptations like Halo given to people who don't give a fuck about the source material and think they know better. Hopefully Sony and Nintendo being involved in recent projects sets a standard for good adapting

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Disappointing they’re focusing on the recent games. The old games could be expanded to give kratos more nuance and reasons for his vengeance.
They also could explain why the Greek pantheon acted like they did.
Very disappointing.

Last edited:

legacy24

Disappointing they’re focusing on the recent games. The old games could be expanded to give kratos more nuance and reasons for his vengeance.
They also could explain why the Greek pantheon acted like they did.
Very disappointing.
that stuff wouldn't fly during today's social climate lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom