• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall - Launch Trailer PS5

SCB3

I'm still on the fence about it, I have Spiderman and Demons Souls pre ordered and not sure if Godfall is worth the day 1 as I'll be busy with Demons for awhile

GrayFoxPL

I'm still on the fence about it, I have Spiderman and Demons Souls pre ordered and not sure if Godfall is worth the day 1 as I'll be busy with Demons for awhile

Wait and see. No need to build next gen backlog already.

longdi

Banned
comparing to the 6800 version shown, anyone finds the ps5 version muddier and overly contrasty?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I was under the impression it was a live game but its more like boarderlands then destiny. If reviews are good before release might sway me back but not holding my breath.

Kssio_Aug

I just think it looks like a free-to-play kind game (maybe because it reminds me Warframe somehow). Would definitely try it if ever comes to Game Pass, but I hardly think I would buy it for the full price tag.

Last edited:

Vol5

Combat looks as dull as old boots. Enemy AI around the world looks completely absent and non-reactive. Was hoping for something fairly meaty like GoW combat, but this isn't it.

Ogbert

It just looks so generic. And they’ve tried to crib the Destiny space fantasy aesthetic too.

Will see what reviews are like but I’ll have Demon Souls and Cyberpunk to keep me busy.

renzolama

I'm gonna buy it because I like melee action games but this trailer further reinforces my suspicion that this game is nothing but walking from small arena to the next fighting mostly one enemy at a time. Every shot in the trailer is either a cutscene or the player engaging one enemy while one or two others stands around. I hope the combat mechanics are deep enough to carry the experience because it doesn't seem like there's much else here.

Last edited:

trikster40

Oooh, that’s why they call it Godfall.

JK, it’s looking better and better. Hoping it reviews well, I want it but ready to pull the plug.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
The always online bullshit turned me off big time. Hard pass. I don't think I'm gonna miss much anyway, seems forgettable at best.

Hawk269

It is amazing that we still don't fully know how the game is structured. Is it just a series of small arena's? Is it just a series of very small environments that end with a boss fight? Is there any exploration at all? I mean it looks nice, but it looks claustrophobic in a sense that everything is small areas. Wish we knew more about it.

The reveal looked boring, now it seems improved a lot. I'm much more convinced that it will eventually be very solid.
More good games we get, the better

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
There's a Series X Review thread already?
Yes, here is the thread.

The console comes out in 5 days so I would say its about time.

As for Godfall, Im interested in the game enough to rent it. These loot games always get me. But I don't think ill buy it at full price. Maybe at $20.

Last edited:

Admast79

Neo Member
Looks insane, but gameplay looks generic and boring as fuck.

After a month or even earlier probably no-one will remember about this game.

Top Bottom