• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla |OT| Oh No, There Goes Tokyo!

So I chose the hard paths in God of destruction mode and at the end of round 7, I got a "to be continued" screen and the game ended. How do I unlock those last few levels?

zeopower6

So I chose the hard paths in God of destruction mode and at the end of round 7, I got a "to be continued" screen and the game ended. How do I unlock those last few levels?

I think there are prerequisites for path unlocks D:? Like certain percentages or encounters and stuff. Those who have played the PS3 version should be able to elaborate.

I think there are prerequisites for path unlocks D:? Like certain percentages or encounters and stuff. Those who have played the PS3 version should be able to elaborate.
Perhaps. I died once and didn't destroy the generators on another level. I hope I'm wrong, cause I suck lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I think it might be related to the intel gathering. It says after 50% a new weapon against Godzilla is made.

Yeah, the game could look better, but I think people need a reminder of what a PS2 Godzilla game looked like
yeah.
rwBpTpU.jpg

And the characters mostly looked like shit
eR48ZHm.jpg

k9demEl.jpg

The character models in this are totally on point. The buildings do look super plain and boxy but in a way it works. It seems like they were trying to match the visuals of the movies, in which case they succeeded.

I think you have to reach a certain height in order to make it past that. Keep your combo meeter going to grow quicker.

Just a heads up for everyone: I added the first two reviews to the OT. It seems that IGN and Destructoid
did not enjoy it

Squishy3

This game looks dope, think I need to pick it up in the future.

And I'm not even that big a Godzilla guy. I did play the shit out of Destroy All Monsters though.

Huge Godzilla fan, played some earlier...... I liked it. Did not have any problems picking up the controls, thought it was pretty easy.

Tapejara

Still waiting on Amazon (Canada) to ship my copy. Hyped to play it though. I prepped by watching Godzilla Against Mecha Godzilla and Godzilla Vs Space Godzilla yesterday. I'll probably pick up more of the Blu-rays in the meantime.

Shame Orga's not in this game. Always loved playing as it in the Xbox Godzilla game.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Yeah I passed it up back then after seeing an xplay review. It's actually not bad at all ( mech fights anyway).

I wrote and produced that review. I didn't intend to make it sound bad. I love that game. :(

Collecting data in the Godzilla playthroughs. That's what opens those locked stages on the far right. Once I had all the Easy and all the Normal stage data collected, it sent me through to the "real" ending.

"Hello, I'm Space Godzilla and I have a vagina on my stomach."
I think you mean Space Godzilla has an Xenomorph egg on his chest.

Slackerchan said:
Just a heads up for everyone: I added the first two reviews to the OT. It seems that IGN and Destructoid did not enjoy it.
That pretty much sounds like what I anticipated from the gaming press. Initial word-of-mouth appears to suggest that you'd probably enjoy the game if you're a diehard G-fan with a willingness to embrace the rough edges. It's primarily a daikaiju simulator first-and-foremost with its emphasis on decimating concrete jungles and combating other foes through sluggish maneuvers meant to convey a sense of weight. If you're waltzing into this title with expectations toward Destroy All Monsters Melee and its successors, I think you'll probably find yourself a little disappointed with the gameplay speed.

Kinsei

Banned
Still waiting on Amazon (Canada) to ship my copy. Hyped to play it though. I prepped by watching Godzilla Against Mecha Godzilla and Godzilla Vs Space Godzilla yesterday. I'll probably pick up more of the Blu-rays in the meantime.

Shame Orga's not in this game. Always loved playing as it in the Xbox Godzilla game.

Yeah, Orga is cool and I wish it was in the game. I can;t complain about the roster though since I can play as most of my favorites (Biollante, Ghidorah, Destroyah, and so on). I imagine there will be more monsters in a hypothetical sequel.

zeopower6

That pretty much sounds like what I anticipated from the gaming press. Initial word-of-mouth appears to suggest that you'd probably enjoy the game if you're a diehard G-fan with a willingness to embrace the rough edges. It's primarily a daikaiju simulator first-and-foremost with its emphasis on decimating concrete jungles and combating other foes through sluggish maneuvers meant to convey a sense of weight. If you're waltzing into this title with expectations toward Destroy All Monsters Melee and its successors, I think you'll probably find yourself a little disappointed with the gameplay speed.

tbh, it'd have been more surprising for the reviews to be even a bit positive.

These reviews...

¯_(ツ)_/¯

This is a game by Godzilla fans, for Godzilla fans. It would have been nice to see it reach a wider audience but I'm just grateful it was made to begin with. The devs were very clearly passionate about making an accurate Godzilla experience, for better or worse.

Sephzilla

These reviews...

¯_(ツ)_/¯

This is a game by Godzilla fans, for Godzilla fans. It would have been nice to see it reach a wider audience but I'm just grateful it was made to begin with. The devs were very clearly passionate about making an accurate Godzilla experience, for better or worse.

Exactly. It's so obviously geared to Godzilla fans from the word go I don't understand why a site wouldn't put their #1 Godzilla fans on it.

I believe you can utilize the Nuclear Pulse to disrupt enemy combos. It saved my skin a couple of times already, especially when fighting Larval Battra.

Thanks, just finished it. Game Is rad. Not even a huge Godzilla fan and this game brings the little kid out of me, playing monsters. So fun destroying stuff.

Tapejara

Yeah, Orga is cool and I wish it was in the game. I can;t complain about the roster though since I can play as most of my favorites (Biollante, Ghidorah, Destroyah, and so on). I imagine there will be more monsters in a hypothetical sequel.

Yeah, the roster is great.

These reviews...

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I think it was pretty easy to call the game getting poor reviews - though something as low as a 4/10 is a bit of a surprise. I'm not of the opinion that reviewers don't know what they're talking about, but this is definitely a game that was targeting a specific audience. It's not going to jive with everyone, but at least we get to have some fun.

Sephzilla

I think it was pretty easy to call the game getting poor reviews - though something as low as a 4/10 is a bit surprise. I'm not of the opinion that reviewers don't know what they're talking about, but this is definitely a game that was targeting a specific audience. It's not going to jive with everyone, but at least we get to have some fun.

I read a review where someone complained that Godzilla was a little too indestructible.

I understand that he was talking about game difficulty but my first thought was "isn't that one of the points to Godzilla"?

Wagram

These reviews...

¯_(ツ)_/¯

It's kind of the problem with reviews as a whole. People want to assign one score from one perspective. If they were clearly aimed at fans, people would be willing to look past issues for this type of experience. However, someone else on the outside may share that "this isn't good" opinion. This is why I hate scores personally.

zeopower6

Frankly, I am just kind of amazed that some of the games that they're managing to bring out here are coming out in the West. Bandai Namco is sure doing good for the PS4~ PS3 didn't get nearly as much love.

Tapejara

I read a review where someone complained that Godzilla was a little too indestructible.

I understand that he was talking about game difficulty but my first thought was "isn't that one of the points to Godzilla"?

Haha fair enough. Like I said, I do think the scores are pretty low, so there's most likely some dissonance there.

I always have this issue with reviews. Like, if a game doesn't do what it sets out to do, I get that. Rate it low. Tell us why.

But sometimes, a game is aimed a particular niche. Godzilla fans, in this case, are the prime target. And there's nothing wrong with a game not fumbling over itself trying to be something it's not.

Unfortunately, some dudes feel like a game needs to be catered to them, or all. Thank god it's not like that, or Gundam VS would be a straight 2D fighter with a copied system from SF. Judge a game on what it's trying to do, not what you want it to be.

Anyway, I don't have it yet, but that seems like the consensus.

On topic, it seems like you can level up your characters? Like boosting health, strength, etc?

Sephzilla

Had a stage where I was down to the last generator, Biollante showed up, attacked me and pushed me through the generator to destroy it, causing the disaster level to rise, which then sent the Super X in to fight both Biollante and I.

I fucking love this game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Those tiny little green bridges are my biggest enemy. Wandering around with 97% destruction and it's always those I missed.

I wrote and produced that review. I didn't intend to make it sound bad. I love that game. :(
you worked on the old X-play? That's awesome, was a big fan in the early to mid 2000s
I think even fans of old games like the King of the Monsters 2 would like this.
this definitely has a 3D King of the Monsters feel
Those tiny little green bridges are my biggest enemy. Wandering around with 97% destruction and it's always those I missed.
LMAO, I hear ya. Thankfully Im starting to remember where they're at

Teknoman

No it wasnt the review that made it sound bad, its just I was turned off by the way you controlled things, and it was the first time I was made aware of the game in general.

I love how you picked quotes for the reviews that make the reviewers sound like they are clueless.

I can't seem to find where I can change the voice over language?

I love how you picked quotes for the reviews that make the reviewers sound like they are clueless.

With the IGN review I just took the summation paragraph at the end. I took the intro from Destructoid since that one didn't really have anything that summed up the writer's thoughts.

Anung

Un Rama
I always have this issue with reviews. Like, if a game doesn't do what it sets out to do, I get that. Rate it low. Tell us why.

But sometimes, a game is aimed a particular niche. Godzilla fans, in this case, are the prime target. And there's nothing wrong with a game not fumbling over itself trying to be something it's not.

Unfortunately, some dudes feel like a game needs to be catered to them, or all. Thank god it's not like that, or Gundam VS would be a straight 2D fighter with a copied system from SF. Judge a game on what it's trying to do, not what you want it to be.

Totally. Now don't get me wrong. I love massive excellently produced serious movies. But I also like schlocky dumb action movies. I don't think the latter should be held under the same scrutiny as the former. Because they set out to do different things.

Arkham Knight got a lot wrong. But a lot of reviewers didn't see that as an issue and looked past them to give it a perfect score. Whereas this under the same metric is a niche title aimed at a niche demographic yet is being thrown under the bus because it doesn't meet criteria it isn't even aiming for.

I just want to smash cities as Godzilla. That's all it needs to be for me to enjoy it.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
you worked on the old X-play? That's awesome, was a big fan in the early to mid 2000s

From Extended Play on TechTV through to the end of G4. I demanded we review RAD just so I could show the "A robot killed grandma" thing.

LMAO, I hear ya. Thankfully Im starting to remember where they're at

I have no idea how I always miss those two damn pedestrian bridges, even during major kaiju showdowns.

Top Bottom