• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP Taunts Clinton Over Healthcare, Asks "Where's your plan?" Clinton Sends Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
I worked for the Obama campaign in 2007/2008 and dealt with Clinton bullshit first hand (especially when it became clear she lost), and later saw people I know lose jobs/positions based on who they supported.

However my criticism of the tweet is solely based on the merits of having an argument over...shit you lost on last November. I voted for her, etc.

shouldn't you focus your criticism at the people beating the dead horse, not the dead horse twitching in response?

Flo_Evans

If you think it's gross, fine, but the only way you could possibly find a politician linking to their website bizarre is if you never paid attention during a single election in the past 8 years or so.

I find it utterly bizarre a politician would answer a direct question with a link. Yes. Its like if I am at the bar and someone asks what I do for a living I say "go check my linkedin"

slit

The general public bought into the idea of Hillary being evil and without morals that the GOP peddled even though there was nothing indicating that. Eventually the rumors and innuendo are treated as gospel when it's repeated enough.

5taquitos

I find it utterly bizarre a politician would answer a direct question with a link. Yes. Its like if I am at the bar and someone asks what I do for a living I say "go check my linkedin"
How do you explain a healthcare plan in 140 characters? You provide a fucking link.

Come the fuck on.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
LOL, she fell into their trap.

They are going to use her plan, word for word. Watch.

notsureifserious.jpg

I worked for the Obama campaign in 2007/2008 and dealt with Clinton bullshit first hand (especially when it became clear she lost), and later saw people I know lose jobs/positions based on who they supported.

However my criticism of the tweet is solely based on the merits of having an argument over...shit you lost on last November. I voted for her, etc.

GOP said hey Hillary where's your plan huh?

Clinton went right here and linked to it and said it's better because it is.

Like that's literally all that happened.

norm9

Wha??? Twitter is only 140 characters. How does one come up with a healthcare plan that fits 140 characters and isn't just a catchphrase?

Now that I think about it, Trump didn't even bother to put in the effort to come up with a catchy name that would fit on twitter.

gamz

How else would she do it? I'm seriously curious on your answer.

I know we're fighting, but... That actually sounds interesting! You should dish. :)

But this, man... I think you're letting your bias run a bit wild. She is responding to a high-profile call out of her supposed lack of a plan. It gave our side a moment to talk about our case. It was a good thing, even though we didn't ask for it. I'm not a Hillary fan (Bernie primary, Hillary general voter, here), but this response was pretty much perfect.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

You'd tweet a health care bill?
Now I know you're not serious.

Mahonay

Banned
I worked for the Obama campaign in 2008 and dealt with Clinton bullshit first hand (especially when it became clear she lost), and later saw people I know lose jobs/positions based on who they supported.

I voted Obama both times. Bernie for the Dem primaries, and Hillary in this presidential election.

Hillary is not going against Obama now, or this past election. She was against Trump, one of the most abhorrent pieces of shit to ever become president. A man that is actively ruining our country.

It should be pretty fucking easy to root against him, even if it means rooting for your old inter-party foe. Save the infighting for when a literal fascist isn't driving the nation into the dirt.

The question was "Where is your plan?" and she gave them a link to her website because... that's where the plan is.

Also, they're on Twitter. Do you expect everyone to type out their policies 140 characters at a time? Because that's weird.

What?

This is all taking place on twitter...

Linking to your plan when asked on twitter where your plan is is what you do.

Something about Hillary just triggers people. It's something that always puzzles me.

She was public enemy #1 on the right for literally decades. A huge number of people have been fed a steady diet of Hillary hate by conservative media for longer than Justin Bieber has existed.

Steel

Banned

Yes, it's utterly bizarre that she didn't describe what her healthcare policies were in tweets. Yup.

You're just looking for a reason to be pissed at Hillary. Get corrected on the amount of detail on her website, move on to comparing a question at a bar to twitter.

Flo_Evans

it's fucking twitter

Maybe politicians shouldn't reduce life and death matters to 140 characters? Maybe you could explain your positions, not direct people to your website? Maybe I don't want to do a research paper through your marketing materials to find out if I am going to be able to afford medicine for my kids?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Even if this was a face to face question Hillary wouldn't get .01% into it before she was interrupted.

Alucrid

Banned
hillary really should have tweeted "My healthcare plan is to #MAGA"

Maybe politicians shouldn't reduce life and death matters to 140 characters? Maybe you could explain your positions, not direct people to your website? Maybe I don't want to do a research paper through your marketing materials to find out if I am going to be able to afford medicine for my kids?

what about activist citizens? is that okay for them? it's funny that you're chomping at her heels yet it's the GOP that is playing games on twitter but for you it's all hillary this and hillary that.

tbm24

Linking your LinkedIn if some asks what you do for a living through Twitter would actually be appropriate.

Steel

Banned

Huh? She linked to her website precisely because Twitter only allows 140 characters.

Tahnit

Banned
Lol they are trolling dems because they can’t get enough republicans to vote on their shitty bill. I love it!

TAJ

With the magic of hypertext, we don't have to.
Do references at the end of articles anger you?

Dude...

The GOP tweeted at her... do you keep forgetting that or something?

What do you want her to do? Hold a press conference over a tweet?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Just take the fucking L.

Huh? She didn't reduce life or death to 140 characters. She had her plan on her site which is why people were directed to it. And I don't know why you're getting angry about it being "marketing material" when it's only the foundation for the legislation that would still need to go through an immense process of litigation, amending and development. It's a plan. Not a fully prepared bill.

norm9

You sound tired and lazy.

gamz

Wow! No words.

So let me get this straight. That party that currently controls the government keeps getting thrashed on healthcare because their plans do nothing but put people's lives in danger, so they resort to blaming the opposition party that can't enact law no matter how much they want to.

And you fucking fall for it because Hillary said "no, that's fucking stupid"?

Negator

Maybe if you're too lazy to read readily available information you actually dont care that much.

Maybe if would have been more than marketing if people werent so pissed off at her for 'reasons.'

Maybe politicians shouldn't reduce life and death matters to 140 characters? ... Maybe I don't want to do a research paper through your marketing materials to find out if I am going to be able to afford medicine for my kids?

Maybe these two sentences contradict. Maybe you should take the L.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

> "Fuck Hillary, she had no plans"
"Yes she did, here it was <link>"
> "That's not a plan just a lame list"
"There are links to more details on that page"
> "Why is she even posting a link, that's dumb"
"Because she was responding on Twitter"
> "Why is she even using Twitter? 140 characters isn't enough!"
"That's why she linked to the detailed page!"
> "I don't want to do research! She needs to explain stuff more clearly and concisely!"

goalposts.jpg

5taquitos

Jesus fucking Christ.

Flo_Evans

lol whatever. Hillary is awesome and her strategy was totally great! Keep defending those website links! worked out great for us.

GOP: "Well....like......we were obviously being rhetorical."

So you don't want to reduce these important discussions or policies to 140 characters, but you're too lazy to read the actual documents that are being linked that give you the context you need. Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom