• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink has Sold Over 1 million Copies Worldwide

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well fucking deserved!
narmaya-granblue-fantasy.gif

Awesome game so congrats to Cygames on the successful launch! šŸ„³
It was long wait, but damn worth it.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Well deserved!

No idea what their expectations were but hopefully the publisher sees this as a good number. Would love more games like this.

Hmmm ... looks interesting. What does the combat in this game feel like? I don't play many of these sort of games but it actually looks fun.

Hmmm ... looks interesting. What does the combat in this game feel like? I don't play many of these sort of games but it actually looks fun.
Action with parries and dodges. Each class plays differently so youā€™ll have to try and see what you like.

I play solo with Gran, and I feel that his gameplay reminds me the most of Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2: FM.

Danjin44

Action with parries and dodges. Each class plays differently so youā€™ll have to try and see what you like.

I play solo with Gran, and I feel that his gameplay reminds me the most of Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2: FM.
I like how each character feel so different from each otherā€¦ā€¦itā€™s like how each weapons had its own mechanic in MH games.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Game is so good I tried playing the Rebirth Demo and was trying to play the game like I was playing Relink and I was like man why can't I jump or perfect dodge anymore.

Each character is basically their own class and feels very Final Fantasy especially since Cygames is Ex-FF devs. A lot of people that worked on FFXI primarily. Plus Uematsu composed quite a few of the original themes for the mobile game and Narita his successor composed and arranged all the music later on and in Relink itself.

Not only that but each character is easy to learn but hard to master. So far every character has advanced tech that utilizes their core mechanics to take your gameplay to the next level.

Relink is also the ideal Anti-Gacha game where it's a fun grindy game but doesn't have any paywalls. Everything in the game can be acquired inside the game itself.

You can play Quest mode completely solo, with friends, online or offline. Game is pretty much perfect. Can't wait for the free updates.

Gotta grind a bit more to start Proud Mode fights. DPS is too low.

blackjon24

Another case like persona 3, Infinite wealth and elden ring. The Japanese physical sales seemed soft but they all ended up doing so much better than it seems! I think alot of it is digital and PC.

Danjin44

You can play Quest mode completely solo, with friends, online or offline.
THIS HOW IT SHOULD BE! I donā€™t know why this hard to do for some developers but if you give me option to play it solo then I should be allowed to play it offlineā€¦..so simple.

Also this series started as mobile gatcha game, it could have easily went same route and no one would have blame them but they didnā€™tā€¦.
bravo-clap.gif

I got Deluxe edition day one and worth every penny, they deserved it.

Last edited:
It was a great game that I felt completely finished within a week. Itā€™s okay. Some games can be like that. The only real complaint is that playing online was far to onerous and implemented in a way that fragmented the players.

I just traded my copy for store credit worth 60% my original purchase cost towards Stellar Blade, so no hard feelings.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It was a great game that I felt completely finished within a week. Itā€™s okay. Some games can be like that. The only real complaint is that playing online was far to onerous and implemented in a way that fragmented the players.

I just traded my copy for store credit worth 60% my original purchase cost towards Stellar Blade, so no hard feelings.

When you say finish do you mean you got the credits to roll or you kept going until the additional story unlocked and you had to fight the full mechanic boss fights for the exclusive weapons?

This essentially and now lucifer?

Last edited:
When you say finish do you mean you got the credits to roll or you kept going until the additional story unlocked and you had to fight the full mechanic boss fights for the exclusive weapons?
I tried to keep going, but the game is boring. It's one of those games that throws a ton of systems at you, but none of them matter since the game is far too easy. If multi-player was programmed properly and not behind the PlayStation Plus paywall, I may have continued.

kiphalfton

O rly

I have yet to see a game that plays like Kingdom Hearts. Not that there aren't games out there, it's just few and far between.

Kataploom

Gold Member
How's this game? It looked like a GaaS multiplayer ala Genshin Impact so I lost interest right after the first trailer, is this a proper single player experience?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How's this game? It looked like a GaaS multiplayer ala Genshin Impact so I lost interest right after the first trailer, is this a proper single player experience?
It's a full single player experience / story, with Monster Hunter-esque multiplayer (which also serves as the "end game content").

I played through it for the story and ignored the multiplayer, I really enjoyed the game.

Yes, but extremely short. It was still fun. It's like an extremely simple monster Hunter. Be sure to buy physical so you can sell it off.

Top Bottom