• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Probably Out Dec 11th On PSN

kassatsu

Banned
http://www.psnstores.com/2012/12/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-probably-out-on-psn-december-11th/

gta3sa.jpg

HK Store mimics US releases for stuff like this. There was mention of a "mystery" PS2 Classic on the Blogcast this week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/09/the-drop-week-of-december-10th-2012-new-releases/

Confirmed.

Raonak

Banned
Sweet jesussss....
come on EU!

I still don't get why there hasn't been a GTA HD collection. Seemed like such a good idea. GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas.

Sulla1980

Yes! Actually, wait.I own it on ps2, og xbox, digital on 360, and on PC. I probably don't need to buy it again.

Until it comes to iOS

Fox Mulder

Rockstar hates money. All the ps2 GTAs should have been on xbla/psn awhile ago.

Celebrating the 10th anniversaries of such iconic console games like GTA 3 and Vice City with graphically improved mobile only touch screen releases is odd.

Rockstar hates money. All the ps2 GTAs should have been on xbla/psn awhile ago.

Celebrating the 10th anniversaries of such iconic console games like GTA 3 and Vice City with graphically improved mobile only touch screen releases is odd.

I'm thinking (hoping) they are waiting until SA release to release a GTA HD Remake (III, VC, SA) and/or GTA Portable HD (LCS, VCS, CW)

Are they skipping vice city? Soundtrack issues maybe?

The Iphone versions are only the PC builds, so don't go talking those up too much.

sml_x

General PS2 Classics question: I remember reading a few months ago that some of the PS2 Classics have mild to moderate compatibility issues. If I already have a PS2 am I better off tracking down the original discs, or just throwing caution to the wind and downloading them from PSN? If I'm expecting the same level of emulation quality as the PS1 classics will I be disappointed? How did GTA III turn out?

Massa

Hmm. Will this look any better than on a PS2/component?

It will look just as bad with possibly some glitches thrown in the mix. This is a worthless port when you can just play the infinitely superior PC version on a netbook plugged to a TV.

Thanks for nothing, Rockstar.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Should just do an HD re-release. If I remember correctly, this ran like absolute garbage (along with the others).

Sky Chief

Should just do an HD re-release. If I remember correctly, this ran like absolute garbage (along with the others).

Yeah, R* is pretty stupid. Instead of remaking these in HD for iOS and Android they could have done the same for PS360, sold a lot more copies for a higher price, thus making A LOT more money.

Fox Mulder

Yeah, R* is pretty stupid. Instead of remaking these in HD for iOS and Android they could have done the same for PS360, sold a lot more copies for a higher price, thus making A LOT more money.

I bought vice city and gta 3 for iOS just cause, but Rockstar will have it on sale for .99 a bunch of times like every other iOS app. GTA is a huge iconic console series, and people are waiting for the next game, why not sell them old versions again for $10 each on xbla/PSN.

Sky Chief

I bought vice city and gta 3 for iOS just cause, but Rockstar will have it on sale for .99 a bunch of times like every other iOS app. GTA is a huge iconic console series, and people are waiting for the next game, why not sell them old versions again for $10 each on xbla/PSN.

Yeah, I bought it for iOS and Android as well. Will buy Vice City for Android too (one of my top five games ever and I can connect a Dual Shock and my TV for home use or use touch on the go) but they could have sold these on PS360 for a lot more

Derrick01

Banned
Please Rockstar, HD Remakes. Please.

This remains probably the most baffling (non) decision from this generation probably. With how much HD collections took off late this gen and how apparently cheap and easy it is to do them, and you have 3 of the best selling and best received games of all of last generation.....how the hell has this not happened yet? It's free gold for christ's sake.

hwy_61

Banned
Maybe the reason why there isn't an HD Collection, is because of all the resources it would take? Those games are friggin colossal, and HDifying it all would be a huge feat that would require a lot of manpower. Then again, I'm no Dev, so what do I know.

Are they skipping vice city? Soundtrack issues maybe?

Yeah, they had to remove a bunch of music from the Steam version so if you go and buy VC now, you'll get a version with songs removed. If you bought the game before the change, you aren't affected.

Among a few other songs, Michael Jackson and Ozzy Osbourne are gone from the new version. They probably see no point in releasing Vice City on PSN because it would have to be this new version. Michael Jackson especially is a big part of the 80's feel.

Top Bottom