• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Probably Out Dec 11th On PSN

"GTA:SA will be the worst selling GTA when it releases. I can't relate to the character!"

"Ugh do not want! I can't relate to gangbang/black culture. I'd rather get something about cooler gangs like Hells Angels!"

GAF always provides amazing memories.

Sky Chief

Maybe the reason why there isn't an HD Collection, is because of all the resources it would take? Those games are friggin colossal, and HDifying it all would be a huge feat that would require a lot of manpower. Then again, I'm no Dev, so what do I know.

But they did this for the iOS versions of GTA3 and Vice City

Lima

Maybe the reason why there isn't an HD Collection, is because of all the resources it would take? Those games are friggin colossal, and HDifying it all would be a huge feat that would require a lot of manpower. Then again, I'm no Dev, so what do I know.
They could just outsource them like every other publisher/developer does.

Sky Chief

No, they didn't. The mobile versions are based on the Xbox versions. There would be no point in making a really HD version for a ten inch iPad or Android screen.

They have improved models and textures and the games run at 2048x1536 resolution. They didn't go as far as the Ico, MGS, and GOW collections but they certainly did a lot more than just port the Xbox version

BioHazard

"GTA:SA will be the worst selling GTA when it releases. I can't relate to the character!"

"Ugh do not want! I can't relate to gangbang/black culture. I'd rather get something about cooler gangs like Hells Angels!"

Seriously though, I would love a Hell's Angels/outlaw biker gang game

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
It's a shame they have gone with PS2 classics, I would have totally been fine paying more for a "HD Remaster" collection of all three or even just San Andreas.

RdN

Seriously though, I would love a Hell's Angels/outlaw biker gang game

You should play GTA IV: Lost and Damned.

On topic, I hope this version is better than the Xbox On Demand one.. I've been wanting to replay SA, but didn't want to buy that version.

Judging off of their port of GTA3, I would get it on XBL.

Xbox version > PS2 version.

Although I suppose one could prefer the PS2 controller.

any idea if this is the X-Box remake, which had better visuals, or is it straight from PS2?

The 360 X-Box classic won't play on my slim 360 + 3rd party HDD for some technical reason.

Fox Mulder

You should play GTA IV: Lost and Damned.

On topic, I hope this version is better than the Xbox On Demand one.. I've been wanting to replay SA, but didn't want to buy that version.

Well the Xbox Live on demand version is just an emulated original Xbox version. That comes with emulation glitches and stuff like the custom soundtrack feature not working. A version properly ported to a platform would run better.

any idea if this is the X-Box remake, which had better visuals, or is it straight from PS2?

The 360 X-Box classic won't play on my slim 360 + 3rd party HDD for some technical reason.

It's probably because the person that made your HDD was lazy and didn't include the backwards compatibility partition. If no original Xbox games work on your console, that's why.

Eh, I already have it on PS2, and seeing that it was my least favorite out of the 3 on PS2, and probably even liked GTAIV over GTA: San Andreas, probably not going to pick it up. Heck, I didn't even rebuy GTAIII, my favorite GTA on PS2.

bill0527

I really need to ask for forgiveness because that was me.

The game was awesome, the soundtrack was awesome, the atmosphere was awesome, Carl was awesome, vicariously being a black gangbanger was awesome.

Vice City is still my fav GTA though, but not by much. I prefer the soundtrack, atmosphere, and setting of Vice City, but San Andreas had much better game play. One of these games is a 10 to me and the other a 10 1/2. Loved them both.

waypoetic

Banned
Yes, I am looking forward to playing that sometime soon. But isn't it only like a handful of hours? I need more!

It's pretty lenghty, not as long as TBOGT but it's fine. My favorite GTA 4 "part" for sure. Damn... I need to replay that now after i've been watching Sons Of Anarchy.

Gorillaz

to this day I have no idea how I beat that mission.

Anyway: Are those PS2 classice improved in any way? Better framerate, no pop ups, better Aliasing..anything?

RC Plane mission was such a bitch....man I remember getting pissed off doing it over and over again.

I've been wanting to replay this again for some time now. Don't know if I'll enjoy going back to some of those missions though. I used a Gameshark to get through some of those like those RC missions lol.

Ranger X

I would have rebought this as HD remake for PSN. (long story short, a PS3 game).
While its the best GTA, I don't want suffer through the PS2 version general fidelity again.

Ranger X

You guys are posting from a computer right? If it's not over 7 years old, it probably plays these games in HD already.

naaaaah, you don't tell me.
What if I want to play on a dualshock in my big TV + my comfy couch? If it was ONLY for the HD I could have indeed played the PC version.

Does anyone have a link to the gaming age threads of San Andreas being unveiled?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
woot ! bout time ,trying to play this on my laptop sucks ass.

this will be my 3rd purchase of said game

Oemenia

Banned
Must mean the PS2 emulator is coming along nicely.

Launch the Red Baron!

For some reason that mission is infinitely easier on the xbox than it was on the PS2.

Yeah the flight controls were tightened up for the XBOX, the game controls like an absolute charm on that system and even better on the 360 due to the shoulder buttons. For me, its still the best way to play the game because of that reason, Ive tried many times to configure it as well on PC and its never worked. It also looks pretty nice on the XBOX, yes its a disappointment given that GTA III and VC looked so good but its leagues ahead of the PS2 version at least.

This is a game that has aged like fine wine, so well that to this day its my greatest game of all time. I really hope they release a HD version as the only fault I can think of is the fact that it has no checkpoints. Even the graphics have held up really well on the PC and evoke a real sense of immersion when playing it.

Best news is San Andreas had a 16:9 mode natively programmed in. Anybody know if vice city had the same? I can't remember.

Unfortunately its simply cropped widescreen on all platforms including the PC. In the meantime give the XBOX version a shot as its huge improvement over the PS2 version.

Unfortunately its simply cropped widescreen on all platforms including the PC. In the meantime give the XBOX version a shot as its huge improvement over the PS2 version.

I know but supporting widescreen at all is still a nice feature. I don't have access to an Xbox right now, so i think I'm firing this up. My expectations from performance on a ps2 GTA game are exceptionally low.

Would get it if it was Vita compatible. Since that's a pipe dream i'll gladly double dip for an HD collection. Get on it R* you're missing out on some easy cash.

Jay Sosa

Must mean the PS2 emulator is coming along nicely.

Yeah the flight controls were tightened up for the XBOX, the game controls like an absolute charm on that system and even better on the 360 due to the shoulder buttons. For me, its still the best way to play the game because of that reason, Ive tried many times to configure it as well on PC and its never worked. It also looks pretty nice on the XBOX, yes its a disappointment given that GTA III and VC looked so good but its leagues ahead of the PS2 version at least.

This is a game that has aged like fine wine, so well that to this day its my greatest game of all time. I really hope they release a HD version as the only fault I can think of is the fact that it has no checkpoints. Even the graphics have held up really well on the PC and evoke a real sense of immersion when playing it.

doing drive bys was so horrible with xbox controller I quit playing after a few missions. But yeah it looked pretty nice back then.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
It will look just as bad with possibly some glitches thrown in the mix. This is a worthless port when you can just play the infinitely superior PC version on a netbook plugged to a TV.

Thanks for nothing, Rockstar.
I got a macbook pro just one year old. The PC port of GTA:SA runs like shit on it. I cannot believe it runs well on a netbook.

Oemenia

Banned
doing drive bys was so horrible with xbox controller I quit playing after a few missions. But yeah it looked pretty nice back then.
Thats true, but driving and shooting controls were vastly improved overall, and on the 360, you get to use the bumpers so best of both worlds.
I know but supporting widescreen at all is still a nice feature. I don't have access to an Xbox right now, so i think I'm firing this up. My expectations from performance on a ps2 GTA game are exceptionally low.
The game is emulated very well on the 360 and the upscaling cleans it up fairly well, if you have the system then by all means do so because GTA games are an absolute mess (but fun) on the PS2.

DeVeAn

Is there anyway to play the GTA III Trilogy with a 360 pad on PC? By that I mean fully. Can't seem to get the dpad or triggers to work.

Top Bottom