• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great game, Great idea, Bad execution

That hardly counts, it's just a word for "nintendo fanboy". I did not call anyone in the thread a retard in a personal manner, as Kobun implied.

I swear, the next person to talk about how this game needs to be online should be murdered...

With the way the game is set up being cooperative and competitive at the same time, if you put this online where you can't punch or yell at someone for being a ass the game would quickly degenerate with one guy hanging out at the end of a thin bridge with the fire rod burning anybody that got close and knocking them off or something similar and would cease to be fun really fast, often even if they ARE your friend.

The thing is in no way, shape or form designed to be online and you don't have to look any further than all the crap people have to do to online multiplayer game design to avoid things like this to understand why it simply would not work.

EDIT:The game is the best friggin' party game since SSBM and it should stay that way. PARTY game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I would really love to play this game, but alas, there is virtually no way for me to do so...

Just a comparison of total cost:

FOUR SWORDS, at launch:
Gamecube: $100
Four Swords: $50
3 extra cables: $30
4 GBAs: $60 x 4 = $240

Total: $420

HALO, at launch:
Xbox: $300
Halo: $50
3 extra controllers: $40 x 3 = $120

Total: $470