• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greater Vancouver GAFers -- stores w/ good GBA selection? need AW2

Dyne

AW2 isn't too hard to find. It's AW1 that's impossible. Anyways, check the local EBs and then check Willow Video in langley. (It's on willowbrook drive.)

I remember seeing a hell of a lot of them at my Coquitlam EB (Coquitlam Center) and at my Best Buy when I worked there.

Tiktaalik

Willow Video is one of the best video game store's I've ever been to. They cut prices on games really fast, and some times they are just cheaper for no reason, even if they are brand new. Willow recently moved locations from Willowbrook Drive to a little spot a few blocks away. They have a bit less room so they might have less games.

Dyne

Zaxxon said:
Willow Video is one of the best video game store's I've ever been to. They cut prices on games really fast, and some times they are just cheaper for no reason, even if they are brand new. Willow recently moved locations from Willowbrook Drive to a little spot a few blocks away. They have a bit less room so they might have less games.

No, they only had the back little area before, but now they have the entire side of the store for games. It looks like more cabinets and more wall, but who knows.

Anyways, it's a hot store. I bought Ribbit King once for $9, and the guy only gave me the bonus disc. They corrected it though, and I got a brand new Ribbit King for only $9 more. Everywhere else it's like $29. Aside from that, they've been only good to me. They gave me a discount on a DS when it came out.

Mostly Music here in Port Coquitlam is also nice; I know one of the guys who runs it. I bought the Sega Saturn they had a week ago.

Cheerilee

Toys'R'Us, Future Shop, Zellers, Superstore... maybe even some Radio Shacks. All seem like prime candidates to still have it in stock (although I don't have an up-to-date mental inventory on any of them). Even places like Sears has been known to have gems gathering dust on their shelves.

EB might not have it at all. They seem like they're the obvious places to find good stuff, as they're dedicated videogame stores, but they never do. They're good for brand-new games and used games. Not old unsold stock.

Willow rocks.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Willow is definitely a good one.

Another store that may have it is A to Z Videogames (748 East Broadway). They have a decent number of new games, but their real strength are their older titles right down to the 8-bit stuff. I walked in there and almost cried. Tons of stuff there.

Dyne

Mr Nash said:

Another store that may have it is A to Z Videogames (748 East Broadway). They have a decent number of new games, but their real strength are their older titles right down to the 8-bit stuff. I walked in there and almost cried. Tons of stuff there.

I've driven past it a lot of times, but never actually gone in. I'm going to go there ASAP now. There's a bunch of SNES titles I've been craving.

It also helps that it's close to SFU. Shoot, my wallet's going to die.

Socreges

Banned
I'll give Willow a shout and maybe run around a couple malls tomorrow. A to Z, too. Doesn't sound too far away.

Thanks, gents

Nikashi

Banned
Mr Nash said:

I go by there every day on the way to work, never stopped in. I should go there and see if they have a Megaman 2 o_o

Best Buy is selling them for $9.99. I know that because I bought it at that price there and it wasn't on sale. I don't know if any are stocked in your area but its on the cheap there.

Top Bottom