• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grim Dawn |OT| It's always grimmest at dawn.

I totally forgot modtools were due this month. Time to see what neat things the community can come up with.

Also here are the game changes from the link:

[Major New Features]

Modding Tools are now available. You can find them in your Grim Dawn installation folder. These are the same tools that were used by the dev team in the creation of Grim Dawn. You can use them to create new items, new masteries and even entire new worlds. Their vast potential is now in your hands!
Celestial Powers now have their chance to activate scale based on the assigned skill, with longer cooldown abilities having up to a 100% chance to trigger.

[Tech]

Fixed WeaponPool attacks not working with Chance on Enemy Death autocasts.
Fixed lag hovering over certain weapons.
Added cooldown reduction to displayed cooldown values on skills.
Basic weapon attacks are no longer added in between casts for zero cooldown skills after a disruption attack.
Fixed Detail Map centering bugs.
Added error messages to the Riftgate map.
Fixed being able to sell stacks while not at a merchant.
Fixed transfer stash tabs being unlocked for hardcore characters when buying them on normal characters.
Fixed certain debuff type skills on items not working with Celestial powers.
Fixed certain skills being able to trigger multiple Celestial autocasts in multiplayer.
Fixed inconsistent achievement synchronization for GOG players not using Galaxy.

[Game]

Fixed an issue with the Servant of Empyrion and Follower of Uroboruuk Achievements not unlocking. This fix is retroactive for characters that meet the requirements.
Fixed an issue with the Nemesis Monster Infrequent Shoulders only dropping as one of the two possible versions, at level 80+.
The Ocean of Blood achievement now requires 500000 monster kills

[Itemization]

Fixed an issue with several mid-level Shoulder items that had unusually low, or unusually high, Physique Requirements
Fixed an issue with some of the Nemesis boss Monster Infrequents having inappropriate Physique Requirements

[Class & Skills]
Devotion

Celestial Power chance to activate now scales with the assigned skill's cooldown and duration (skills with longer cooldowns have a higher activation rate)
Mark of the Wendigo: reverted proc rate back to 15%, this was missed when the cooldown was reverted.

Grim Misadventure #96: Pants of the Gods

But while the players may have all they need to create infinite content themselves, this does not mean that we are finished with Grim Dawn. The team is busy chipping away at our upcoming free content update, The Hidden Path, and things beyond…

Last time, we revealed the appearances of some of the items coming with The Hidden Path. Today, you can match those up to their attributes.

attachment.php
attachment.php

The Hidden Path will be available free to all owners of the game when it is released with v1.0.0.4, which we expect to be released by mid-June or sooner.

More in above link, including new affixes.

Grim Misadventure #97: Patch v1.0.0.4 Preview

Highlights:
*Patch 1.0.0.4 slated for early June.
*Work continues on the Hidden Path content addition as well as survival mode.
*Faction augments rebalancing, mostly buffing in offensive/defensive capabilities.
*Difficulty loot multipliers to get better drops in elite/ultimate.
*Monster infrequent drop rate increase along with better affixes.
*Celestial powers to become less restrictive.
*3ds max export to allow modders to make custom models and animations.

Cracklox

Grim Misadventure #97: Patch v1.0.0.4 Preview

Highlights:
*Patch 1.0.0.4 slated for early June.
*Work continues on the Hidden Path content addition as well as survival mode.
*Faction augments rebalancing, mostly buffing in offensive/defensive capabilities.
*Difficulty loot multipliers to get better drops in elite/ultimate.
*Monster infrequent drop rate increase along with better affixes.
*Celestial powers to become less restrictive.
*3ds max export to allow modders to make custom models and animations.

Playing other stuff at the moment but def be back. Good to see things happening. Excited for survival mode. Game really needs something other then endlessly running story maps

Kalentan

I need to sit down one day and just play this. I Kickstarter it, played a tiny bit of the Early Access but haven't touched it since despite liking what I played.

Have they added or will there be controller support? I'm one of those wierdos that like this genre with a controller.

Kalentan

I believe other posters in the thread reported controller support that was surprisingly decent. Haven't tried it myself.

Edit:

Um... Maybe something is wrong with my game... Cause the gamepad controllers straight up don't work properly. I can't attack, use any items or well do anything. I can open the menu if I press right analog stick and A but that's it.

1.0.0.4 update pushed back until next week due to an unexpected issue with some of the changes.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=393671&postcount=83

Um... Maybe something is wrong with my game... Cause the gamepad controllers straight up don't work properly. I can't attack, use any items or well do anything. I can open the menu if I press right analog stick and A but that's it.

Wish I could help but I haven't tried using a controller with the game yet. Might be something on the official forums about it.

Grim Dawn 1.0.0.4 is Live.

See link for full update. But here are some highlights:

[Major New Features]

New Content: The Hidden Path. Venture down the elusive route taken by the followers of the Witch Gods and discover the secrets known only to their most loyal servants. Your journey begins near Lower Crossing, but requires some Dynamite.
The Hidden Path includes a wealth of new lore, 5 new bosses, a new dungeon, 3 new Monster Infrequents and 7 new Unique items.

[Game]

Reduced boss and hero resistance to Life Leech effects
Reduced Damage over Time effects applied by monsters on Elite/Ultimate difficulty
% Total Damage multiplier now only affects damage stats and no longer modifies non-damage effects such as % Damage Converted to Health, % Resistance Reduction, Armor Reduction, etc.

[Itemization]

Rare item drop rates now scale better with difficulty, for a more rewarding experience when playing on Elite and Ultimate difficulty.
Increased the drop rate of Unique items on Ultimate difficulty from non-Nemesis sources
Improved the base attributes of all rare Monster Infrequents
Significantly increased the affix-roll quality of Monster Infrequents
Increased the drop rate of Monster Infrequents from all sources

[Class & Skills]
Devotion

Note: Due to changes to Celestial Powers, some of your assigned skills may have become reset and will need to be re-assigned.
Lifted many of the restrictions on what skills can be assigned to various Celestial Powers, opening up new skill/devotion combinations that were previously not possible.

I thought their gamepad support was only for Steam Controllers?

cirrhosis

Grim Dawn 1.0.0.4 is Live.

See link for full update. But here are some highlights:

Unfortunately this patch has pretty much killed multiplayer for me and my buddies. We all either lag out upon joining each others games, freeze or CTD. My friends can join me for some reason but none of us can connect to other people's games. Netcode got the shaft in this patch.

Still, the drop changes for Ecto, Chipped Claws and Kilrian's are well worth it, plus the Aeon Hourglass buff equal an okay patch. Can still play solo.

I want this but money is tight for me right now, without a job. If I like Diablo 3, I'd like this, correct?

think this will on sale at some point soon?

ekurisona

guys if i get this on gog and install it on an offline machine can i still play online?

jk :p - if i install gd to an offline machine will i be able to download individual updates from gog to a usb to update my offline copy with?

thx

My friends can join me for some reason but none of us can connect to other people's games. Netcode got the shaft in this patch.

Are you still having this problem? I remember some nights I would have trouble joining a friend's game, but I haven't played multiplayer in awhile.

Oh right! Thanks for the reminder!

You can also refund it if you end up not liking it, so I'd say pick it up on a Steam sale next week and try it during the refund period and then decide if you want to keep it.

if i install gd to an offline machine will i be able to download individual updates from gog to a usb to update my offline copy with?

I don't know, sorry. I don't use GoG.

cirrhosis

Are you still having this problem? I remember some nights I would have trouble joining a friend's game, but I haven't played multiplayer in awhile.

Sort of. Friend can't host any game but I still can. If I'm joining someone else's game, it's almost guaranteed that I will crash at loading screen. If I boot it up again and try to rejoin the game with one of my characters, it'll work. I know some people have said stuff to the effect that if you wait a really long time it'll eventually load but that's not true for all players. I know Crate is working on fixing these related issues but it's frustrating. I started playing in B27 and multiplayer problems have never been this bad.

Though even with these issues, it's still the best ARPG on the market and I still keep sinking hours into it. Highly recommended to anyone reading this thread and sitting on the fence regarding purchasing it or not.

EDIT: MP is fixed!

How well does this play with a normal controller? I've been looking for a hack slash game I can lean back and play while listening to podcasts and stuff.

Grim Misadventure #99: Introducing the Crucible

Grim Misadventures returns with a bang. Last time we left you with a teaser, a little taste of what was on the horizon for Grim Dawn: The Crucible. Today, we will detail just what’s in store for you with Grim Dawn’s upcoming DLC content.

Back during the Kickstarter, one of the campaign’s final stretch goals was the unlocking of what we then called Survival Mode. It was described as follows: “In survival mode players will fight to stay alive against increasingly difficult waves of monsters.” At its core, the new Crucible mode embodies this statement, but it also delivers so much more as you tackle its 150 waves.

This looks like a lot of fun.

Not for hardcore players though!!

Push On, or Cash Out
In the Crucible, death marks the end (especially true for Hardcore players). Every 10 waves of enemies, you have to make a difficult choice: continue on for the next 10 encounters for a chance of greater reward, or cash out what you’ve earned and not risk your own demise.

j-wood

So I just bought this from the steam sale after seeing my friends playing it and um, wow, this is fantastic.

Cracklox

Grim Misadventure #99: Introducing the Crucible

Grim Misadventures returns with a bang. Last time we left you with a teaser, a little taste of what was on the horizon for Grim Dawn: The Crucible. Today, we will detail just what’s in store for you with Grim Dawn’s upcoming DLC content.

Back during the Kickstarter, one of the campaign’s final stretch goals was the unlocking of what we then called Survival Mode. It was described as follows: “In survival mode players will fight to stay alive against increasingly difficult waves of monsters.” At its core, the new Crucible mode embodies this statement, but it also delivers so much more as you tackle its 150 waves.

This looks like a lot of fun.

Not for hardcore players though!!

Push On, or Cash Out
In the Crucible, death marks the end (especially true for Hardcore players). Every 10 waves of enemies, you have to make a difficult choice: continue on for the next 10 encounters for a chance of greater reward, or cash out what you’ve earned and not risk your own demise.

Bring it on! Exactly like I was hoping it would work

Lanrutcon

Will come back to this after a month or two with Legion. Currently playing PoE for the first time and honestly, I feel that Grim Dawn has the edge. PoE is pretty with some lovely animations and mechanics, but Grim Dawn is just meatier and more fleshed out.

Mudcrab

Bought this during the steam sale and I am loving it. Currently playing with 2 friends on a veteran run as a Soldier/Nightblade tank.

Cracklox

It's up to 500k sales, I think it's doing fine. ARPGs have loong legs and they just showed off some DLC, so I wouldn't worry.

I think the poster may have had the quite pitiful 11 page in 6 monthes, Gaf OT in mind. Def needs more exposure around here

500k is pretty nice too. I thought it may have been a little more niche

Cracklox

Tried the hidden path last night for the 1st time on ulti. Wasn't too bad until the last boss.

Haven't even beat it yet, and not sure I even can. This with the same maxed toon that died twice to Ultimate Log and I can barely scratch this thing
and if I do it fucking heals anyway

Fuck that noise. Is there anything worthwhile from beating it on ult? Or am i better off bumping down to elite so i can roll my face over the keyboard and win?

Durante

I finally started playing this recently (after backing it what feels like aeons ago on KS) with 2 other people, and it's fantastic. I might even go so far as to say that it's my favourite game in the genre since Diablo 2.

The only thing my Arcanist is missing is Teleport.

cirrhosis

Fuck that noise. Is there anything worthwhile from beating it on ult? Or am i better off bumping down to elite so i can roll my face over the keyboard and win?

I haven't beaten Sentinel on Ult. He does have a chance of dropping two great level 75 legendaries. Completing the Hidden Path is worth it in all difficulties - that extra skill point can really help out.

Have you found and beat the Mad Queen? She also drops a great legendary.

AlanOC91

Is something wrong on my end or is the steam controller super finicky on this?

A to interact and Y to pick up don't work unless I enable UI mode, move the hand over the person/loot and press the button then.

Please don't tell me this is how it is with a controller? :(

EDIT: actually Y to pick up doesn't work. I have to push in the steam track pad??
A to interact doesn't absolutely nothing.

Cracklox

I haven't beaten Sentinel on Ult. He does have a chance of dropping two great level 75 legendaries. Completing the Hidden Path is worth it in all difficulties - that extra skill point can really help out.

Have you found and beat the Mad Queen? She also drops a great legendary.

Ohh, I think I'm fighting the Mad Queen lol. I thought she was the boss. She was kind of tucked away in a hidden area inside a hidden area. Given the whole quest was accessing 'Hidden Paths' combined with how tough she is, I figured she was it.

* mental note made to look up whereabouts of Sentinel when I get home *

Also came across my first Nemesis (the undead one I believe) with my level 80, still work in progress lightening Warder. I was determined to beat it and after about 15 minutes of kiting it around through my lightening turrets, it dropped. Well apparently that was only the first form. It got another health bar and a bunch of bullshit screen nuking attacks and I just cut my losses and bailed. I think I'm gunna try again with my sorceress tonight. She has much better dps and is capable of tonne more damage kiting things around.

Is something wrong on my end or is the steam controller super finicky on this?

A to interact and Y to pick up don't work unless I enable UI mode, move the hand over the person/loot and press the button then.

Please don't tell me this is how it is with a controller? :(

EDIT: actually Y to pick up doesn't work. I have to push in the steam track pad??
A to interact doesn't absolutely nothing.

Yeesh, love to be able to help. Haven't tried the controller. People previously in the thread have mentioned it works great and others like yourself have issues. Dunno sorry

Grim Misadventure #100

Highlights:

We’ve released one content update and announced the Survival Mode DLC now known as the Crucible. You will likely be pleased to know that the Crucible is coming along smoothly (some sneaky users may have already discovered the recent addition of Crucible achievements on Steam).

[...]

But the Crucible isn’t the end of the road for Grim Dawn, not by a long shot. On the horizon, just beyond the Crucible, we are looking to introduce new high-level unique items to spice up your loot hunt. We will also be taking a look at high level Epic sets, which currently don’t quite live up to their intent as stepping stones to Legendary items.

In addition, we want to round out the rogue-like dungeon offering with the addition of a brand new Aetherial-infested city for you to explore, featuring new lore and new challenges and bosses on the same level of difficulty as the Steps of Torment and the Bastion of Chaos.

[...]

Both the new item and rogue-like content updates will be free to all owners of the game. And just in case all that isn’t quite enough, we still have a full expansion in the works, which will continue the story of Grim Dawn through an exciting new “act”.

Cracklox

Dammit, was hoping they would announce a Crucible release date with their update. Sounds good but. The more one-shot dungeons the better, although I'm not sure about an Aetherial one. There'll be a tonne of the annoying green ground effect I bet.

In other news I'm around 400 hours on this now, and probably addicted as ever. I keep getting towards the end of elite or into Ultimate, get an idea for a build I wanna try and restart with a new toon. Currently working on my 6th who will be a Chaos based AAR Warlock, and is already come along nicely. My other 5 are all level 65+ and either at the end of elite or somewhere in Ultimate. Only one is at 85 and has beaten Ult Log though.

I'm also trying to get as many of them geared as possible to be able to handle the crucible. Something tells me that 3rd difficulty won't muck around...

Grim Dawn Version 1.0.0.5

Patch 1.0.0.5 and the Crucible DLC are coming in just a few short hours, but in order to beat the "Where's the changelog?" posts for the first time in history (despite posting them seconds after a patch goes live before), you can take a look at the full changelog for what's coming in the update later today.

Patch 1.0.0.5 focuses on balance changes as well as back-end compatibility with the new Crucible DLC. As such, V1.0.0.5 is Required in order to play the Crucible DLC.

Good luck in the Crucible. May Lokarr have mercy on your souls!

Top Bottom