• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Group Photos of Classic Dev Teams

JohnnyTropics

Neo Member
Christ lads you had to go and bring 2024 identity politics into 80/90's pictures FFS, can't you just enjoy the snapshot back to simpler times when we where all kids loving the games these guys where making

"identity politics" is what is preventing the simpler times, bruh.
we will continue to bring it up everywhere, until the slow learners amongst us can connect the dots themselves.

tommib

fBW0XQ5.jpeg

Roberta Williams (right) with fellow On-Line Systems employees Maria Stahl (left) and Diane Siegal (middle) at a celebration of the company's first anniversary in 1981.

XquQrqe.jpeg
gcfirhp.jpeg

Roberta Williams
Game Designer & Co-owner of Sierra On-Line
1979-1998

King’s Quest
Mystery House
Phantasmagoria

FBOVSf2.jpeg

aL1zOvv_700b.jpg

intbal

Another team photo of Black Isle Studios (top right). Although that's the Planescape team. Not sure how much overlap with the Fallout team I posted above.
Also, original Interplay team, and modern Obsidian Entertainment (partial team, obviously).
Found online and I didn't feel like chopping it up.

nOZb7pK.jpeg

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Another team photo of Black Isle Studios (top right). Although that's the Planescape team. Not sure how much overlap with the Fallout team I posted above.
Also, original Interplay team, and modern Obsidian Entertainment (partial team, obviously).
Found online and I didn't feel like chopping it up.

nOZb7pK.jpeg
nice M.bison cameo in the second pic

Terenty

Would you look at that, men and women all together in those pics, smiling and having a good time.

I wonder at what point all those teams became racist, sexist and homophobic, so that our brave progressives had to interfere and save the industry from turning into a vehicle for fascist propaganda.

Truly we should all be grateful for having such a diverse and multicoloured industry now teaching us that racism is bad, otherwise our kids would grow up into far right thugs killing women and LGBT members.

I salute you, brave soldiers of justice!

Hudo

Westwood Studios

Oddworld Inhabitants: Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee dev team

Akira Toriyama (RIP), Yuji Horii and Hironobu Sakaguchi.

Ensemble Studios (probably shortly after Age of Empires II was released)

Blizzard Entertainment before they fucking sucked (during WarCraft: Orcs & Humans development):

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 & 2 dev team (Chris Sawyer outsourced the sprite work and music, tho):

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
What a coincidence of a thread, I just saw this while browsing twitter:

Also since Assassin's Creed is so hot right now, here's a picture of the original dev team that made AC1:

jade_raymond_001.jpg

There is no I in team.

Shut0wen

Reactions: Isa

StereoVsn

I guess dev teams have to have increased a bit, but there is a lesson there in the creative element - the fewer the people involved in the creative element, the better for the end product.

More games, better choice and let the good ones shine - that is what we need, rather than fewer massive releases that try to pander to absolutely everyone - end up costing a fortune - and fall flat in their faces, resulting in huge layoffs.

A good example is Jedi Survivor costing $300million to produce and then God of War Ragnarok $200million, and then Stellar Blade $50million. Can anyone really tell those games cost multiple times more to make?
Survivor was goddamn $300 million!? And still managed to have huge technical issues. PC side is still kind of crap to this day.

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom