• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Gaming Wishlist of 2024

Strangely enough, there's a lot to 2024 that seems to be unknown. 2023 was banner year for gaming and will go down as one of the best years in history just like 2001 or 1998. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have been holding cards close to their chest.

Sony:
This could be a pretty low key year for them, but it also is a year where there could be some surprise hits. Some of these studios will have 3-4 years since their last major game and would be up for releasing something in CY24.
  • Final Fantasy 7Rebirth
  • Team Asobi (AstroBot)
  • Bluepoint
  • Housemarque
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Silent Hill 2
Unless there's a major surprise partnership, I think these are the only realistic options for their first party group or partners. Maybe add Stellar Blade or Rise of the Ronin, but these aren't major titles (though they could be). Wolverine, ND, Sucker Punch, I think these are all 2025 and beyond titles.

Microsoft:
Microsoft has shown a lot of their hand with their summer game showcase, but I also think they're holding back quite a bit. I think these games are likely candidates
  • Hellblade 2
  • Avowed
Fable, Perfect Dark, Everwild, Gears (or whatever is next), I think these are unlikely to be in 2024. So may also prove to be a light year for Microsoft, but given that they have Activision now and will gradually roll out new titles to GamePass, that may be enough to keep content rolling into their sub service. I am curious to see if they will continue to do major partnerships with third parties or try and rely more on content in-house for GamePass.

Nintendo:
Nintendo has basically shown nothing. So this is mostly wild speculation. But we do know Switch 2 is coming out next year, likely in the fall.
  • 3D Mario Launch Title from Odyssey team
  • Possibly Metroid Prime 4 (though I suspect this is 2025)
Again, hard to say what nintendo will have but you can definitely be assured they will have a major standout title for Switch 2's launch, and I think that's a 3D mario game at the very least.

Third Party:
  • Next Gen Monster Hunter
  • New rumored BioShock game?
  • GTA6? I bet this is closer to 2025
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Stalker 2
  • Suicide Squad
Unfortunately, we got spoiled in 2023 and I think 2024 is going to be a pretty down year as a whole for the industry, with layoffs and budget cuts making things worse.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Give me Space Marine 2, Hades 2, Stalker 2, Judas and i am good for the year.

Unfortunately, we got spoiled in 2023 and I think 2024 is going to be a pretty down year as a whole for the industry, with layoffs and budget cuts making things worse.
The next year looks stacked as hell already imo.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i expect videogames to be released in 2024.

I'm looking forward to that new Deltarune chapter and Assetto Corsa 2 at least. But the backlog 2023 has generated is so vast I think we'd be fine even if 2024 is a comparatively dry year

AmuroChan

Sony:
This could be a pretty low key year for them, but it also is a year where there could be some surprise hits. Some of these studios will have 3-4 years since their last major game and would be up for releasing something in CY24.
  • Final Fantasy 7Rebirth
  • Team Asobi (AstroBot)
  • Bluepoint
  • Housemarque
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Silent Hill 2
Unless there's a major surprise partnership, I think these are the only realistic options for their first party group or partners. Maybe add Stellar Blade or Rise of the Ronin, but these aren't major titles (though they could be). Wolverine, ND, Sucker Punch, I think these are all 2025 and beyond titles.

SIE San Diego has to be the most forgotten first party studio ever. Every year they release a great baseball game and yet they always get left out even when specifically talking about first party studio games.

SIE San Diego has to be the most forgotten first party studio ever. Every year they release a great baseball game and yet they always get left out even when specifically talking about first party studio games.

Well, I left off any yearly type franchise (CoD, Madden, etc).....I don't think these are things that generally excite an enthusiast board

Majormaxxx

My personal wishlist is a switch for me (late to the party) and possibly my first oled TV. But also need some new furniture before that... So a big year ahead...

As for software... Hmm... Gta, a star wars game (not from ea)...

AmuroChan

Well, I left off any yearly type franchise (CoD, Madden, etc).....I don't think these are things that generally excite an enthusiast board

Ok, but that's not clearly stated in the thread, which is why I responded to the statement that the games listed are the only "realistic options" from their first party or 2nd party partners for 2024.

GymWolf

Next monster hunter
hades 2
max payne remaster collection
gta6 is probably for 2025
samurai AC
Something interesting from sony that is not ups simulator 2

Hopefully something more, 2024 looks pretty bleak except for the first 3 titles on the list.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Only care for this now.

scgif1licna.gif

Dazraell

We don't know too much about games that are coming in 2024, but here are a few I'm interested in playing:
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Gothic Remake
  • Warhammer 40.000: Space Marine II
  • Yes Your Grace 2: Snowfall
  • Star Wars: Outlaws
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio
  • Tomb Raider I-III Remastered
I'm still looking at Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines 2, but damn, this game looks absolutely awful. Everything they revealed about it so far gives me more and more red flags

Dazraell

Next monster hunter
hades 2
max payne remaster collection
gta6 is probably for 2025
samurai AC
Something interesting from sony that is not ups simulator 2

Hopefully something more, 2024 looks pretty bleak except for the first 3 titles on the list.

Max Payne Remake is probably 2025 at earliest. Remedy recently mentioned on their financial report that they only just started full production on this

cormack12

Gold Member
I want to play Hellblade II. I really am hoping Naughty Dog do a reveal and drop within 6 months. I'm ready to be wowed again. The console version of Skyline II.

Stellar blade would be good. FFVII and Death Stranding 2 are in the same boat in that I'm trying to finish the first release now still. But I'm looking forward to both of them even if I don't buy them day 1.

I was into Avowed but dunno, kind of wait and see after the latest trailer. Could go either way I think. But honestly I add games to my wishlist on amazon when I don't get them on day 1 and there are 18 games on there to start and get through too

Codes 208

-Switch 2
-bloodborne
-elden ring dlc
-any zelda remake/remaster
-pokemon legends celebi
-halo 3 anniversary
-monster Hunter World 2
-metroid prime 4
-gears 2 ultimate edition

There’s honestly not a lot of confirmed games coming out in the immediate future that im excited for.

xrnzaaas

Stalker 2 is my most anticipated game right now. Gonna be a day1 purchase despite it being a Game Pass title.
Hellblade 2 has been in development for so long it should finally come out next year.
Also looking forward to the 1.0 release of Songs of Conquest as I tend to avoid early access releases.

MAtgS

Nintendo:
Nintendo has basically shown nothing
. So this is mostly wild speculation. But we do know Switch 2 is coming out next year, likely in the fall.
  • 3D Mario Launch Title from Odyssey team
  • Possibly Metroid Prime 4 (though I suspect this is 2025)
Again, hard to say what nintendo will have but you can definitely be assured they will have a major standout title for Switch 2's launch, and I think that's a 3D mario game at the very least.
Did you miss their last Direct?

It was like 80% 2024 releases.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I want Naughty Dog to get their shit together and TLOU online turn out banger gaas-lite done right. Still my most anticipated game after GTA6 but I don't see that coming out next year.

I want to see Housemarque's next project.

For 2024, booking vacation for Death Stranding 2 and Elden Ring DLC obviously.

And I hope Hellblade 2 blows me away. If it doesn;t I'm selling my Xbox.

Kurotri

2024 is going to be incredible for JRPG fans. We have:

- Persona 3 Reload. What an absolutely beautiful remake. Time and time they have shown through interviews and their trailers that they know exactly what it was that made Persona 3 special and this remake is firing on all cylinders.
- Metaphor ReFantazio. This is for the top Gs. The main creative force behind Persona 3, 4 and 5 (Katsura Hashino, Shigenori Soejima and Shoji Meguro) have created a smaller studio within SEGA to work on a new type of adventure. It has a unique fantasy setting with a twist, asking wether or not our modern reality could be considered an utopia for the characters in the game's world.
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. Looking like a huge step up from the great first part of the remake project in all ways. Can't wait to see what they'll do with this one.
- Unicorn Overlord. Developed by Vanillaware. After 13 Sentinels, I will buy anything they make, and this one has a fantasy setting as well.
- Yakuza Infinite Wealth. It's Yakuza.

And beyond JRPGs, there's even more!

- Final Fantasy 14: Dawntrail. I do not know if any gaffers here even play this, but the journey of the FF14 is something I cherished a ton, with Endwalker providing an amazing sense of closure to a very cool story and its characters. I thought I was done after that, but seeing Dawntrail makes me want to go back. I really hope FF14 continues for a long time to come.
- Assassin's Creed Red. We are finally getting the long awaited Japan setting for AC. People have been wishing for this since 2007(!!). Took their sweet time. Developed by the AC Odyssey team, which is my favourite AC. Beyond stoked for this.
- Death Stranding 2. The original was my first Kojima game, and to this day I wholeheartedly believe that it is one of the most special games that have ever been made in gaming. This one getting a sequel was a big surprise to me because it always felt like half the internet was making fun of it, at the same time I thought the story was pretty self-contained with not much room for a sequel. But Kojimbo has found a way, and I'm intrigued.
- Rise of the Ronin. Another Japan-themed open world game, so I'm already interested. While I couldn't get into Nioh I enjoyed Wo Long. Team Ninja trying their hands on an open world RPG has me curious.
- Elden Ring's Shadow of the Erdtree. Even though this is an expansion I fully believe that it'll be big enough to be as long as some games.

I'm 100 % forgetting some here. These are just from the top of my head, and much of 2024 is still shrouded in mystery. Fumito Ueda could release his next game in 2024 for all we know. Against all odds, Rockstar might not need to delay GTA 6 to 2025 (coping a ton here). Insomniac might make it with Wolverine also.

Looks like another banger year to me. I can't ask for more.

Last edited:
Strangely enough, there's a lot to 2024 that seems to be unknown. 2023 was banner year for gaming and will go down as one of the best years in history just like 2001 or 1998...
well, considering that 2023 (on the heels of elden ring, horizon:fw, & god of war:a in 2022) included sequels to such major series as final fantasy, diablo, & legend of zelda, & combine that with the current 5 year development cycle, & that's kinda like saying 'strangely enough, after firing off our big guns over the last while, we seem to've run out of ammo'...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
MV5BMzUxYmUzYzctZGE1YS00NDFlLWE4MmUtM2EwMWNjMmI1ZmE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc3NzE0NjM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Unicorn-Overlord-Cover-Art-US-PS5.webp
22568.jpg
7DBAL8V.png
81hmWAdXP8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
71g2Jy1B8IL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
3max.jpg
YtgL1Nh.png
840dcc0d-53ca-40c1-ba6e-e2402baf123e-elden-ring-dlc-shadow-of-the-erdtree.jpg

Now the games not announced or dont have release date.

Dragon Quest XII
Dragon Quest III HD-remaster
Armored Core VI expansion
Monster Hunter 6
Decapolice
Muramasa port to modern Consoles
Drakengard 3 remake
New Yoko Taro game
Kingdom Hearts IV
New game from Fumito Ueda
New game from Keiichiro Toyama

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Stalker 2 and Hellblade I'm pretty hyped for. Currently as it stands, I expect 2024 to be largely a year I catch up on backlog.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
From the games which have announced release dates in 2024 so far

Alone in the Dark
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Tekken 8
Persona 3 Reload
The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

MV5BMzUxYmUzYzctZGE1YS00NDFlLWE4MmUtM2EwMWNjMmI1ZmE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc3NzE0NjM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Unicorn-Overlord-Cover-Art-US-PS5.webp
22568.jpg
7DBAL8V.png
81hmWAdXP8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
71g2Jy1B8IL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
3max.jpg
YtgL1Nh.png
840dcc0d-53ca-40c1-ba6e-e2402baf123e-elden-ring-dlc-shadow-of-the-erdtree.jpg

Now the games not announced or dont have release date.

Dragon Quest XII
Dragon Quest III HD-remaster
Armored Core VI expansion
Monster Hunter 6
Decapolice
Muramasa port to modern Consoles
Drakengard 3 remake
New Yoko Taro game
Kingdom Hearts IV
New game from Fumito Ueda
New game from Keiichiro Toyama
Seems we'll be finding out the release date for Decapolice later this month.

Zathalus

Microsoft is also publishing Towerborne, Ara, and Flight Simulator 2024 next year. Those and Hellblade 2 are near certain, Avowed might get delayed.

Personally I am looking forward to the Switch 2 (and launch games), Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Persona 3: Reload, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Rise of The Ronin, Helldivers 2, and Homeworld 3. Hopefully some other titles too, but those seem less certain.

bender

What time is it?
Nintendo's shown a lot (Prince Peach Showtime, Thousand Year Door, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario vs DK, Another Code) considering new hardware probably coming.

I'm super excited with 2024 because of Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island, Thousand Year Dear, Unicorn Overlord and hopefully Dragon's Dogma 2.

Elios83

Yakuza Infinite Wealth
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Tomb Raider Remastered Collection
Silent Hill 2 Remake
Persona 3 Remake
Rise of Ronin
Stellar Blade
Metaphor: ReFantazio
Assassin's Creed Red (if it's not a gaas grind fest)
Elden Ring DLC
Black Myth: Wukong (if it's not PC only and it's as great as it looks)

If they are released in 2024:
GTAVI
Death Stranding 2

A lot of stuff and I think more will be announced.

Top Bottom