• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GSD] UK sales September 2023 - PS5#1 (+24%) XBS#2 (+136%) NSW#3 (+18%) | EA FC 24#1 Starfield#2 MK1#3

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Part of the problem is Spider-Man, TLOU, and God of War wouldn't be Spider-Man, TLOU, and God of War on Xbox.

The small userbase poses a serious problem with game adoption and overall sales. Sony games are successful because the userbase is so high and the userbase is so high because sony games are successful. It's a bit of a vicious cycle.

Microsoft has only ever really had 1 juggernaut of a game franchise apart from Minecraft which they bought and that was Halo.

Halo redefined FPS on console similar but to a larger extent as GoldenEye did. GoldenEye actually outsold Halo 1 but never got a true sequel. With the gamecube selling less than the N64, there wasn't really much hope for growth for Rare FPS anyways. Perfect Dark never hit home as hard as Halo did.

The next big franchise was always Gears and it wasn't nearly as successful as Halo and was made by a different company.

The problem is with the brand and I don't see any room for recovery. The damage has just been done. You could have Witcher 4 exclusive on Xbox and it would only stifle Witcher 4 sales.
"Success begets success." Just like Jim Ryan said.

I understand it, but that's exactly how all companies grow their userbase. That's the only way.

Yes, those games will not sell as many copies, but if they become a "must-have" for a platform, they will still be decent enough. For example, if 10% of the Xbox users buy that big game (a very common attach rate for popular titles), it can sell 5-6 million copies on Xbox. And applying the same 2/3rd sales split as Starfield, that game could sell 10-12 million copies on PC.

If an Xbox game collectively sells 15-18 million copies, that will create a positive ripple effect. That may encourage, say, 1 million new users to buy into Xbox.

So the next game, of the same quality, may sell a few more hundred thousand copies than the previous one.

Then Xbox can go from strength to strength and build this userbase big enough so it is selling 20 million copies like PlayStation. The Xbox + PC userbase are pretty much the same as PlayStation's anyway.

The problem with Xbox is that (1) instead of doing the hard work and building the foundation brick by brick, they are always looking for shortcuts, and (2) they have trained their audience not to buy games.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They kinda need to do both lol. The Xbox Series S should be $250 now and the Series X should be $399. And they should have tried to buy ABK too with that $70 Billion. I see no way for them to hit 100 million GP subs without doing both.
They are not hitting that number regardless of what they do or don't. It's crazy to even set that number when they have already missed their targets 3 years in a row.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Weird post. Month-on-month is by far the better way to visualize a game’s impact on console sales.

You should be wishing we had month-on-month data for the USA/EU.

Not what the data says.
Nah September would usually increase from August most likely. There are natural ebbs and flows in the year so year on year is always better. I can bet any sum that November will be better than October for all consoles for instance

yazenov

This is BRUTAL. 2024 is the defining year for the Xbox brand. It's sink or swim because the PS5 Pro is coming and so is the Switch 2. They better not get left behind.

I disagree. 2023 was supposed to be the year Xbox shows its sales trajectory going forward. Declining YoY in its 3rd year is catastrophic for a healthy console. It's already over for the Xbox Series console.

Remember that 2023 was supposed to be the year the supplies of the consoles normalises after supply shortages which both Sony and MS were claiming in 2022. Yet, only the PS5 is up YoY in 2023 but the Xbox S/X is down YoY.

This indicates that MS was lying about the shortages issues in 2022 and that it's problem was a demand issue, not a supply issue. It's over for MS in the console space. 2023 was the defining year for Xbox and it flopped frankly speaking, worst than the Xbox One.

Last edited:
I'm really confused by their 2023 total estimates. When compared to the January to September sales, they expect in October + November + December to have :
PS5: x1.17 (675K)
NSW: x1.71 (505K)
XBS: x1.79 (481K)
Why would Xbox and Switch get such a big boost when compared to PS5?
Nintendo skews heavily towards the holiday season in the UK, look at 2022 Jan to Sep and 2022 total sales for example. For Xbox i think they expect the Starfield affect and Playstation 5's boost will be lower due to it having an abnormally high Jan to Mar.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Yearly call of duty in Gamepass... 2023 was a strong year for Xbox. Even if PS console warriors try and downplay their output, Starfield (83MC), HiFi Rush (87MC), and Forza Motorsport (85MC) are all compelling games that scored well. Not as high as PS and Nintendo but still good.

Lately the talk has been:

When talking about GP - yearly COD.
When talking about ABK - end of yearly COD.

Everybody with an Xbox is already on GP. Starfield with the hype and mindshare it built for two years + Forza + all the constant online talk about Xbox and ABK? You can’t create more interest in Xbox than there was this year. Yet the trend continues.

So now you’re gonna have another year of possible decline, which if it happens is 💀 until the next COD where they get to try their hand at marketing it as an Xbox game. And then if the whole “PlayStation sells because they have the marketing for COD” doesn’t transfer to Xbox, then what? Wait for next Gen.

RGB'D

MS has never had success with IPs beyond Halo and Gears because it only had a Halo Studio (343), a Gears Studio (Coalition), a multiplat minecraft studio (Mojang), a studio that had been misallocated to making kinect games (Rare), Forza Motorsport (Turn 10) until 2017. It's hard to have IP if you don't have studios making new IP... so they bought studios.

RGB'D

Lately the talk has been:

When talking about GP - yearly COD.
When talking about ABK - end of yearly COD.

Everybody with an Xbox is already on GP. Starfield with the hype and mindshare it built for two years + Forza + all the constant online talk about Xbox and ABK? You can’t create more interest in Xbox than there was this year. Yet the trend continues.

So now you’re gonna have another year of possible decline, which if it happens is 💀 until the next COD where they get to try their hand at marketing it as an Xbox game. And then if the whole “PlayStation sells because they have the marketing for COD” doesn’t transfer to Xbox, then what? Wait for next Gen.
You do realize in talking about this the only important part is the general consumer. People on Gaf and talking about video games online are a miniscule percentage of video games consumers and not reflective of the public who love COD and Madden. That's where the success comes.

Thirty7ven

Banned
You do realize in talking about this the only important part is the general consumer. People on Gaf and talking about video games online are a miniscule percentage of video games consumers and not reflective of the public who love COD and Madden. That's where the success comes.

Don’t give me that BS of the talk being contained to neogaf. Or this magical “consumer” that is completely aloof and only buys COD and Madden.

Also it can’t just be about COD and Madden and FIFA, otherwise how would you sell other games? People who only play cod/fifa/madden, these people aren’t that valuable and there are less of them than you think. On the largest install base the number of people who only played COD was barely over a million.

Regardless, we had people showing us how Starfield was the top trending game on Google searches, trending on Twitter, etc etc

What are you going to say next? People don’t know what an Xbox is yet? The excuses are never ending.

Last edited:

Thief1987

For people who love COD and play it regularly throughout the year it will be much cheaper to buy game than pay 17$ a month for gamepass.

RGB'D

Don’t give me that BS of the talk being contained to neogaf. Or this magical “consumer” that is completely aloof and only buys COD and Madden.

Also it can’t just be about COD and Madden and FIFA, otherwise how would you sell other games? People who only play cod/fifa/madden, these people aren’t that valuable and there are less of them than you think. On the largest install base the number of people who only played COD was barely over a million.

Regardless, we had people showing us how Starfield was the top trending game on Google searches, trending on Twitter, etc etc

What are you going to say next? People don’t know what an Xbox is yet? The excuses are never ending.
Is it hard to follow? Xbox is not compelling for the general public yet. Halo and Gears are not nearly as relevant as they once were. But there are new variables (mainly closing on ABK literally last week). Like you can say it's always next year or next generation. But they literally closed one of the the largest publishers LAST WEEK.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Is it hard to follow? Xbox is not compelling for the general public yet. Halo and Gears are not nearly as relevant as they once were. But there are new variables (mainly closing on ABK literally last week). Like you can say it's always next year or next generation. But they literally closed one of the the largest publishers LAST WEEK.

And the only IP they acquired that would’ve moved the needle will stay multiplatform for at least another ten years.

Yet, lol, look at the calendar it has been twenty two years. Can we talk about the reality of the current and near term market instead of this constant gold at the end of the rainbow that is always the talk for Xbox? Neither PlayStation nor Nintendo are afforded that luxury somehow.

Last edited:

Tsaki

Nintendo skews heavily towards the holiday season in the UK, look at 2022 Jan to Sep and 2022 total sales for example. For Xbox i think they expect the Starfield affect and Playstation 5's boost will be lower due to it having an abnormally high Jan to Mar.
Interesting. I could see it for Nintendo being gifts for the kids, but Xbox should not be that high. I think they vastly overestimate the pull that Starfield will have. Then again the numbers are the numbers and we have last year's. Maybe Xbox is indeed a more "holiday brand" than Playstation is. I wonder why though.

RGB'D

Yeah let's definitely analyze the impact of a console manufacturer buying the biggest publisher (outside of tencent) off of 22 years where it never had happened.

RGB'D

I have no clue... I don't have a crystal ball. But I would imagine not much until the games start dropping. I don't think they bought ABK for just the next 2 years though. It's not going to be a quick race to win over the consumers, which is why I started this talking about building a catalogue of good games. With a good catalogue (of which starfield, hifi rush, forza motorsport are a start) the reason for investment into Xbox goes up and general opinion will change slowly. But there is a value proposition that they are trying to reach for the general consumer, and COD in GP definitely tips that scale, even if it releases yearly or every 2 years.

"Success begets success." Just like Jim Ryan said.

I understand it, but that's exactly how all companies grow their userbase. That's the only way.

Yes, those games will not sell as many copies, but if they become a "must-have" for a platform, they will still be decent enough. For example, if 10% of the Xbox users buy that big game (a very common attach rate for popular titles), it can sell 5-6 million copies on Xbox. And applying the same 2/3rd sales split as Starfield, that game could sell 10-12 million copies on PC.

If an Xbox game collectively sells 15-18 million copies, that will create a positive ripple effect. That may encourage, say, 1 million new users to buy into Xbox.

So the next game, of the same quality, may sell a few more hundred thousand copies than the previous one.

Then Xbox can go from strength to strength and build this userbase big enough so it is selling 20 million copies like PlayStation. The Xbox + PC userbase are pretty much the same as PlayStation's anyway.

The problem with Xbox is that (1) instead of doing the hard work and building the foundation brick by brick, they are always looking for shortcuts, and (2) they have trained their audience not to buy games.

The problem goes further than that though. The only way Sony can afford to make a game like God of War Ragnarok is because they know they can eventually get it to ~20-30 million sales, thinking across PS4, PS5, PC. Spider-Man is a PS5 only game because now the PS5 userbase is getting to a point where it can sustain higher game sales and they know it'll have legs like Miles Morales did.

Microsoft can't afford to make 200 million dollar games year in and year out with the userbase they have on Xbox. That's also why their games release day and date on PC. They need that PC revenue in order to account for operating costs. Sony doesn't NEED the PC money, they just like it, which is why games release 6 months to 2 years later.

GamePass makes the equation even more difficult because you can get significantly less revenue out of a 200 million dollar title landing on GamePass. If anything Microsoft is going to want to REDUCE operating budgets. The reason why they landed on 4 large titles per year is because if someone buys a 3-month subscription to Game Pass Ultimate, that's 42 dollars on Amazon. If someone cancels GamePass after 3 months, you've sold them a AAA game for 42 dollars. They need the next release to ensure someone stays, but that's another problem Microsoft doesn't understand.

Just because someone buys Spider-Man doesn't mean they're going to buy Uncharted. Just because someone buys Ghost of Tsushima doesn't mean they'll buy Gran Turismo.

The reality is Microsoft probably needs 12 games a year to make GamePass even somewhat work. Look at Disney+ and what they added this year (albeit not great quality)

Movies
Indiana Jones 5
Elemental
Little Mermaid
Ant Man and the Wasp
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Haunted Mansion
Black Panther 2

TV
Mandalorian season 3
Loki S2
X-Men 97
High School Musical S4
Marvel What If S2
Tiana
Ahsoka

There's probably a fairly large movie release every 6 weeks and there's probably a large tv show every 6 weeks.

Ultimately the price of GamePass is going to skyrocket though. They'll probably start with tiers though. You can't afford to put a 200 million dollar game (Starfield probably cost way more than that) on GamePass.

People like Adamsapple point to it being #1 or #2 on a lot of charts (with basically no competition) but it also fell off entirely during its launch month and in October. Normally a game like this would have legs, but we're not seeing that and that's probably because of gamepass. Everyone who really wanted this game has bought it now and the rest of just people who are curious about it and if they have gamepass, they'll play it there.

Alright then what is the ABK purchase going to do for Xbox console sales in the next 24 months?

I think a lot of people don't understand that ABK doesn't make system sellers they make games that sell well... that's a massive difference...

Can any point to a "mascot" or persona that is associated with ABK?

Ironically games like Crash and Spyro have a much lower ceiling and while people will buy them, they're not buying systems for them anymore. They're not Sonic let alone Mario.

There are very few system sellers in the market. Look at Final Fantasy 16... That really struggled to sell, let alone move hardware.

The days of the system seller might be over. Gaming is just much bigger than franchises by themselves these days. The PS2 is the best selling system in history, but Sony games really didn't sell all that well on it. Outside of Gran Turismo, their best selling game was God of War. It sold 4.61 million copies... that would be a failure today even though the PS4 and 5 have a smaller userbase.

Halo 2 on the other hand sold 8.46 million units on a console with a MUCH smaller userbase... THIS was a system seller.. Kindom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid 2, FFX... those were system sellers. Hell going back to Gran Turismo, that was a system seller. GTA was the system seller.

The Witcher sold 10.8 million units on PS4 more than double the X1. Was it a system seller? I don't think it was. I think it sold well because the PS4 sold well.

Hogwarts Legacy was a system seller. Elden Ring was a system seller.

Woopah

Interesting. I could see it for Nintendo being gifts for the kids, but Xbox should not be that high. I think they vastly overestimate the pull that Starfield will have. Then again the numbers are the numbers and we have last year's. Maybe Xbox is indeed a more "holiday brand" than Playstation is. I wonder why though.
I think it's less

"Xbox is more of a holiday brand"

And more

"PS5 got a massive Q1 boost due to the end of supply issues, Xbox Series didn't"

At this point it would make more sense for Microsoft to begin the transition to 3rd party publisher.

Taking the hardware out of the equation would cool tensions with Sony and then maybe a deal could be done for a Gamepass offering of their own content being made available to that continuously impressive install base plus Nintendo if that came to pass.

Then get xcloud and gamepass on any and all devices. Publish games on PlayStation and Nintendo as well. Make money from all avenues.

Brucey

Those prices need to be PERMENENT! Sales aren't good enough. Appealing games like Starfield and Forza Motorsport? Those both came out in back to back months man. So why aren't consoles flying off shelves?
I'm thinking the vast majority of people that want to buy a series S or X have already done so. Especially with series s on clear out in past holiday seasons at $200 etc. The price of entry is just not a barrier. Or they are playing on PC.

Tsaki

I think it's less

"Xbox is more of a holiday brand"

And more

"PS5 got a massive Q1 boost due to the end of supply issues, Xbox Series didn't"
But a similar trend can be observed for last year's numbers. x1.67 for Xbox and x1.19 for PS5

Woopah

But a similar trend can be observed for last year's numbers. x1.67 for Xbox and x1.19 for PS5
That's a fair point. But last year was so supply constrained that I don't think we can draw any meaningful conclusions from the data.

Thirty7ven

Banned
At this point it would make more sense for Microsoft to begin the transition to 3rd party publisher.

Taking the hardware out of the equation would cool tensions with Sony and then maybe a deal could be done for a Gamepass offering of their own content being made available to that continuously impressive install base plus Nintendo if that came to pass.

Then get xcloud and gamepass on any and all devices. Publish games on PlayStation and Nintendo as well. Make money from all avenues.

It might not be so simple and Gamepass would still have to stop with the day 1 games. There are no subscriptions with day 1 on PlayStation/Nintendo are there?

It might not be so simple and Gamepass would still have to stop with the day 1 games. There are no subscriptions with day 1 on PlayStation/Nintendo are there?

They could still do day one gamepass and rake in a lot of money from the PS and Nintendo fanbases with traditional launches

What I propose is this:

Make gamepass available on PSN and Nintendo that only contains games MSFT own.

Still launch physical and digital copies on those platforms for people to buy.

Expedite gamepass on TV, mobile etc

Make no doubt about it - Sony after coming after PC with their own launcher, store, trophies and PlayStation Premium.

Best to get ahead rather than have your potential audience grow smaller after some go for that option

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I have no clue... I don't have a crystal ball. But I would imagine not much until the games start dropping. I don't think they bought ABK for just the next 2 years though. It's not going to be a quick race to win over the consumers, which is why I started this talking about building a catalogue of good games. With a good catalogue (of which starfield, hifi rush, forza motorsport are a start) the reason for investment into Xbox goes up and general opinion will change slowly. But there is a value proposition that they are trying to reach for the general consumer, and COD in GP definitely tips that scale, even if it releases yearly or every 2 years.

The issue Microsoft is going to have is that they have to convince consumers to buy a $300 - $500 console and a Game Pass subscription. Not only that, the biggest Call of Duty now is War Zone and it's Free-to-Play. We know sales from the mainline Call of Duty franchise have declined over the years and people might just start slowly gravitating to just the typical War Zone format in the future.

There's also the thing about people finding alternatives.

If Diablo wasn't released on PlayStation, you probably would have seen more PlayStation gamers buy BG3 instead. Yes, Microsoft has acquired two major publishers and Zenimax and ABK, but taking everything outside of Call of Duty might work out. Third Party developers know this, too. They're going to release the same games within the game genre knowing they have less competition on the PlayStation platform.

They could still do day one gamepass and rake in a lot of money from the PS and Nintendo fanbases with traditional launches

What I propose is this:

Make gamepass available on PSN and Nintendo that only contains games MSFT own.

Still launch physical and digital copies on those platforms for people to buy.

Expedite gamepass on TV, mobile etc

Make no doubt about it - Sony after coming after PC with their own launcher, store, trophies and PlayStation Premium.

Best to get ahead rather than have your potential audience grow smaller after some go for that option

Why would Sony want GamePass on PSN? Even if it is just 1st party Microsoft games.

Why would Sony want GamePass on PSN? Even if it is just 1st party Microsoft games.

It's free money for them. They get a cut off a load of games they haven't had to pay to make. Plus they'd get access to the Bethesda etc games again.

No investment + large trove of games added to the system + 30% cut = win.

If Microsoft are out of the console game then there's no reason not to.

It's free money for them. They get a cut off a load of games they haven't had to pay to make. Plus they'd get access to the Bethesda etc games again.

No investment + large trove of games added to the system + 30% cut = win.

If Microsoft are out of the console game then there's no reason not to.

How do you enforce payments? You'd have to limit access to people who signed up on PSN through their PSN accounts and ultimately, if more publishers do this, it means less revenue for Sony.

It's a backdoor into Sony, there's no reason for them to let that happen.

How do you enforce payments? You'd have to limit access to people who signed up on PSN through their PSN accounts and ultimately, if more publishers do this, it means less revenue for Sony.

It's a bespoke gamepass for PlayStation and the only way to get it is to pay through the PlayStation store. Sony keep 30% and pass the rest on to Microsoft.

Any additional content bought Sony get a cut of too.

It isn't full gamepass. It's a walled version of it.

No different to the EA play offerings or Ubisofg classics. They have bespoke PlayStation catalogues.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Additional content on PSN and additional revenue.

More importantly, if it means Sony won't have the Xbox console anymore, that's a win-win that I'm sure Sony would take. Such a deal (no Xbox HW, but 1st-party only GP tier on PSN) would make PlayStation the defacto and literally the only traditional boxed console in the world.

Three

How does EA do it?

More importantly, if it means Sony won't have the Xbox console anymore, that's a win-win that I'm sure Sony would take. Such a deal (no Xbox HW, but 1st-party only GP tier on PSN) would make PlayStation the defacto and literally the only traditional boxed console in the world.

This.

Though the juggernaut cometh.

Switch 2 is gonna have GTA, full EA FC, COD etc on it. Nintendo with all the biggest IP added is going to be a monster. Especially if they've got online sorted.

PlayStation and Xbox will be squeezed.

Last edited:

damidu

At this point, makes absolutely zero sense why they are keeping Starfield off PS5 if it isn’t to boost Xbox sales which it clearly isn’t. They are doing it out of spite at this point which is a shame since they are only limiting themselves as far as sales go and Xbox itself is beyond saving. Makes zero sense but then again, nothing that MS has done in the last decade makes sense. It’s just been one bad business decision after another and that’s why Xbox is in such a sorry state.
nah!
doubt starfield would do much on ps5 either at this point. they had to ride pre-launch hype and curated review period.
currently the game is already known for what it actually is, a middling disappointment.

RGB'D

I want no part of Sony without competition. Even if MS is solidly third, they push them enough to keep things under control. Also even though I play mostly on PC, I really do appreciate the ability to resume the game on the couch if I want. I'm worried enough about their new priority for Gaas and lack of roadmap now that SM2 is out to think of SONY without a primary competitor (unless switch 2 is magically a high performance console).

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Be interesting to see SM2's first week. I imagine it ill be quite massive, digital or otherwise.

Last edited:
How does EA do it?

You can't get EA Play Pro on PS4/5 only EA Play.

EA Play is largely catalog titles, which will still engender MTX to Sony. Without EA Pro you don't get new titles, so Sony still gets its revenue.

You must also subscribe through PSN, so sony's taking a chunk out of the subscription revenue.

If Microsoft wanted to do a gamepass where only its 1st party catalog titles were available on PSN, maybe Sony would go for that, again if Sony managed the ability to play on the console, but they wouldn't want day and date titles. And for Microsoft, not sure they'd want their presence there at all.

That being said I think catalog Halo MCC would do well, but it'd be easier to just buy it stand alone. Not sure Microsoft's 1st party catalog titles could engender a subscription service even with Activision games.

It's a bespoke gamepass for PlayStation and the only way to get it is to pay through the PlayStation store. Sony keep 30% and pass the rest on to Microsoft.

Any additional content bought Sony get a cut of too.

It isn't full gamepass. It's a walled version of it.

No different to the EA play offerings or Ubisofg classics. They have bespoke PlayStation catalogues.

Yeah, not sure that would be worth it for anyone.

As mentioned in other responses, that's not going to make Microsoft any money. They don't have a large enough catalog.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
As mentioned in other responses, that's not going to make Microsoft any money. They don't have a large enough catalog.
IIRC, in the leaked email, Phil said that they wanted to/offered Game Pass on PlayStation, but Sony shot them down.

So from Microsoft's perspective, that's something they want to do. In the long term they do so it making enough money. In the short term, I think they are after those MAUs.

IIRC, in the leaked email, Phil said that they wanted to/offered Game Pass on PlayStation, but Sony shot them down.

So from Microsoft's perspective, that's something they want to do. In the long term they do so it making enough money. In the short term, I think they are after those MAUs.

Microsoft wanted a full fledged gamepass on PlayStation and Sony said no. Sony doesn't want to dissuade it's own userbase from B2P and with a larger userbase, Microsoft could afford to do much bigger deals for GamePass.

Neither company benefits from a watered down gamepass.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Microsoft wanted a full fledged gamepass on PlayStation and Sony said no. Sony doesn't want to dissuade it's own userbase from B2P and with a larger userbase, Microsoft could afford to do much bigger deals for GamePass.

Neither company benefits from a watered down gamepass.
Yeah that's fair enough. We don't know what Microsoft's offer was. But I doubt Sony would ever accept a Game Pass tier that has any third-party content.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
They are not hitting that number regardless of what they do or don't. It's crazy to even set that number when they have already missed their targets 3 years in a row.

I wish more Xbox focused podcasts would talk about this aggressive 100m GP subscription number that MS themselves said they need to hit.
I'm thinking the vast majority of people that want to buy a series S or X have already done so. Especially with series s on clear out in past holiday seasons at $200 etc. The price of entry is just not a barrier. Or they are playing on PC.

It's been $200 before?

I believe this too. The most they'd accept are games their userbase doesn't have access to already.

PLUS....they'd need MS to 100% leave the console space. Without that, no GP on Playstation.

Brucey

I wish more Xbox focused podcasts would talk about this aggressive 100m GP subscription number that MS themselves said they need to hit.

It's been $200 before?

PLUS....they'd need MS to 100% leave the console space. Without that, no GP on Playstation.
Was $238 with $40 Amazon credit back in November 2022:

Top Bottom