• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6-Is it possible that Rockstar might of scrapped the two characters shown because of the leak?

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
I keep on hearing some people saying that Rockstar might of scrapped Jason and Lucia (the protags of GTA 6) because of the leak and restarted with a new set of characters? Is this, even hypothetically speaking, possible? I just hear some people running with this theory. Is this even possible on practical terms?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yeah I'm sure they'll rewrite the whole story/redo everything (obviously writing and VA work and what not doesn't have to wait for the rest of the game to be finished to be worked on mind you). Only way they may be scrapped is if they were just placeholder or deemed crap regardless of any leak.

Last edited:
Do studios like losing money and delaying games?
nope-no-way-1.gif

They’d have to rework so much, we wouldn’t see the game for an additional few years. It’s possible that they aren’t what the main characters look like exactly but just skins, but that’s probably about the only change you might see.

Last edited:

amigastar

They didn’t scrap the GTA V protags and we knew about those years before release
What, really? I remember seeing them only in the first trailer and not before. Actually the only one in the first trailer was Michael.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
At most they probably changed up the character models a little bit, and im talking minimal thing like a shirt

RyRy93

What, really? I remember seeing them only in the first trailer and not before. Actually the only one in the first trailer was Michael.
We didn’t see them but we got basic character profiles for quite a few key characters, 2/3 years before release it was leaked that Michael De Santa (Albert De Silva in the leak) would be voiced by Ned Luke who had a son that sat in his room all day playing videogames and smoking weed.

I can’t find anything on Trevor and Franklin though after doing some digging

Last edited:

Woffls

yeah, cheeky little story rewrite, recasting a few dozen characters and recording new lines, new character models and animations. ez.

Pelta88

Huh?

Scrap all that dev time for footage most core gamers haven't seen and/or the broader public has no idea about?

Flutta

Banned
Bruh…. They would have to rewrite the whole story + recreate all the cut-scenens and whatnot…. Basically asking for 2-3 years delay here and the reveal trailer is next month.

K2D

Banned
Cats out of the bag: the two characters are white. Game being delayed to add in main characters of color..! /s

SJRB

Gold Member
You think they scrapped characters including scripts, motion capture, hundreds of thousands of lines of voice acting and all that shit, an operation that costs an ungodly amount of money, because some fucking nerds saw a leak with some pre-alpha gameplay?

lol.

Lmao, even.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
They’d have to rework so much, we wouldn’t see the game for an additional few years. It’s possible that they aren’t what the main characters look like exactly but just skins, but that’s probably about the only change you might see.
I doubt they are placeholders. The leak features footage from March 2021 to September 2022 right before the leak happened and you see gradual improvements to both their models in the later footage

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I doubt it, it would involve designing again, it would waste time and resources.

And I honestly don't think they would take that extra work.

Mr Hyde

No. Rockstar have been wanting to do a Bonnie and Clyde type of scenario since the early PS2 days of GTA so when they finally get it off the ground they sure ain't going to cancel it because some jackass leaked everything to the public.

Top Bottom