• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GTA V] Early Access Patreon version for latest NaturalVision Evolved is out !

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
js1Tkq.png

NaturalVision Evolved (NVE) is a work-in-progress visual overhaul mod that is currently in the early access stage. Numerous changes were made to the environmental weathers, lighting system, ambient colors, tonemapping, world textures, building models and much more in order to blur the line between fantasy and reality.

Note from creator: This trailer was made during early development of the mod. Due to some issues with the Rockstar Editor, we were unable to capture certain weather effects properly. The mod actually looks better in-game than it does in this trailer

What it does (big lines):
- Simulated ray traced global illumination
- Enhanced screen space reflections
- Improved buildings reflections
- New sources of lights (like on top of buildings, on the streets and more)
- New textures with parallax mapping
- New weather effects (Rain, fog, sunset etc...)

Patreon for Early Access:

Gallery:

js1gWF.png
js11GD.png
js1ElA.png
js1kXM.png

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Wow, looks amazing/better in almost all cases. Most of the time with these overhauls/reshade filters they turn the contrast up to 9 billion and make everything look like shit but they didn't do that here and it looks amazing! Maybe the F40-esque car shot has a bit of that going on but its not egregious.

The only thing that jump out to me from the trailer is that the screen motion blur is too much, its unpleasant during fast pans, the object motion blur is fantastic though. The trailer is also in 24 fps which is awful and no game should be played at that refresh rate. Thats probably why they have no much screen motion blur on, to hide how stuttery it would look without it.

I'm guessing the mod is very hard on the GPU [+CPU?] and hard to run at a high fps so maybe 24/30 is what most people will be forced to play it, if they want it to look like the trailer.

-Arcadia-

Banned
The new Skyrim in terms of being eternally modded.

Can’t blame them. I don’t think anyone has created a more compelling, realistic depiction of a city in a game. It’s a fantastic base for any project, and it’s nice to see it kept up with the times.

Myths

It’s a good idea to wait since, on Razed’s Discord, he’s communicating with Patreon to fix the disabled accounts.

Its clearly an improvement over vanilla NVR. The team has added their very own implementation of RT to compete with McFly’s. Looking forward to what’s coming.

However, with McFly’s SSRT/RTGI + PRSA ENB, it’s really difficult to further impress me these days. It seems as though the limit to photorealistic (strictly speaking of post-processing and image adjustment) mods with GTA 5 have been met. Perhaps, if there were more added geometry and physics then I would be blown away. As it stands, much of it is color correction/contrast adjustment with modern post-processing effects.

Last edited:
It’s a good idea to wait since, on Razed’s Discord, he’s communicating with Patreon to fix the disabled accounts.

Its clearly an improvement over vanilla NVR. The team has added their very own implementation of RT to compete with McFly’s. Looking forward to what’s coming.

However, with McFly’s SSRT/RTGI + PRSA ENB, it’s really difficult to further impress me these days. It seems as though the limit to photorealistic (strictly speaking of post-processing and image adjustment) mods with GTA 5 have been met. Perhaps, if there were more added geometry and physics then I would be blown away. As it stands, much of it is color correction/contrast adjustment with modern post-processing effects.

Fair enough, I wasn't sure if this was normal for accounts to straight up get disabled right after making a payment. First time using the thing.

I think I might need to get a new GPU for this mod. 980Ti isn't gonna cut it :p

YCoCg

This guy was pretty infamous a few years back since he was stealing other peoples mods to include in his packs like this, has he at least cleaned things up or got permissions from other mod makers this time around, or maybe he's done it all in-house since he's getting money for it?

Myths

This guy was pretty infamous a few years back since he was stealing other peoples mods to include in his packs like this, has he at least cleaned things up or got permissions from other mod makers this time around, or maybe he's done it all in-house since he's getting money for it?
I think you are confusing him with the folks that did Redux? Redux is definitely the mod pack using more than a handful of other mods compiled together.

YCoCg

I think you are confusing him with the folks that did Redux? Redux is definitely the mod pack using more than a handful of other mods compiled together.
Could be them, I thought they changed their name to this, they ducked out after getting called out.

Myths

Could be them, I thought they changed their name to this, they ducked out after getting called out.
Yeah it’s definitely them, they use a collection of ofher mods all wrapped into one they claim as their own under the title “Redux”. Not hating or anything, I think the effort from the community is amazing regardless. I love it.

Yeah that was the redux ppl i thought.

I've seen this guy praise other mods and their makers and tell folks to support them. Even on the readme for Naturalvision he literally links to other dope mods and praises the makers of them

Myths

So looking at it, I tried it. I’m going to stick with NVR for now until NVE gets some lighting settings finalized for a fair comparison.

Until then... NVR with Reshade is champion:

Top Bottom