• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update 7 reduces the installation footprint of Forza Motorsport by around 15-20%, decreasing its file size by 25GB on Xbox Series X|S and 29GB on PC

Chukhopops

Cool I also got a 4070 pc I'm getting FH 4 or 5 then.
FH5 is the opposite on PC, it’s really well optimized. You can easily get 144 fps in Ultra settings and it looks phenomenal.
YWrpctB.jpg

Really a shame FM didn’t get the same care in the port.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Bit disingenuous using that score when the score on the PS store tells a very different story. And that requires you to actually own the game.

Well it's either a more balanced point of view or it's thousands and thousands of review bombers. Or something in the middle. Regardless, there are indications that forza isn't perfection and neither is thier competition, even if we wanted both to be better on day one.

Sad but true. Playing day 1 always give you the worst possible experience. Except you won’t have the story spoiled, unless there is a leak. Patching a game after release it’s pretty much normalized now. Maybe everything should just be defined as Early Access? 🤔

Waiting is difficult though. I do it when there are too many issues or a delayed PC release but otherwise I’m usually there playing hours after a game has been released.
Not many story focused games I play I guess. Even for something like Plagues Tale I mostly focus on stealth mechanics and such and have fun with that.

Most games I enjoy release broken, no way around it. I also tend to spend shit ton of time in games so stuff that doesn’t works becomes much more egregious.

xrnzaaas

Turn 10 used to iterate on their previous games, same engine with smaller changes, that’s why they could pump out new ones so quickly. This time they went for a bigger change and it cost them on the dev time.
The 'built from the ground up' meme isn't just baseless trolling, Turn 10 have copy-pasted a ton of stuff from past games and as a result of that many known bugs & issues have made their way to FM8. There's absolutely no excuse why it took them 6 years to release this new entry. The most logical explanation is that the studio was working on other projects after FM7 and they had to rush the work on FM8 in the final 1-2 years to release something.

Three

This is great and all but I'm still waiting on a patch that will improve graphics on console to something closer to the original gameplay they were showing and bragging about!
Something tells me they've disabled this stuff on PC and they're going to try to sell you the next console on these graphical improvements in Forza like they did X1X, 60fps on other games, along with all those games they showed years ago and haven't released yet.

Shame this update doesn't improve what is otherwise, in my opinion anyway having played it on PC, a lacklustre and often boring racing game with a lack of content and a very dull career mode. It looks drab visually.

And I say that as someone who loved all the Forza Motorsport games from the first to 7 across Xbox then PC. I'd much rather play Forza Horizon these days, admittedly more of an arcade racer than a sim but I'd argue that Forza Motorsport these days hardly qualifies as a simulation anyway.

Last edited:

Fredrik

The 'built from the ground up' meme isn't just baseless trolling, Turn 10 have copy-pasted a ton of stuff from past games and as a result of that many known bugs & issues have made their way to FM8. There's absolutely no excuse why it took them 6 years to release this new entry. The most logical explanation is that the studio was working on other projects after FM7 and they had to rush the work on FM8 in the final 1-2 years to release something.
Don’t know if assets are part of any rebuilding, as far as I understood it’s the engine and how they do rendering and physics that is rebuilt, not sure if it’s from the ground up but more than the usual iterative release.

Top Bottom