• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V modding thread

The more ridiculous the mod, the better. Turning my character into an elephant and driving around in a tiny little sports car would make me a very happy chap.

Not sure how long it will take for such a feat to be possible, but I'm in it for the long haul.

Early on I'm looking forward to disabling CA and putting too many numbers into various files and seeing what happens.
Late on, I would like to see a mod that turns the combat into Max Payne 3 and a gun that shoots animals and bicycles.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Looking through the files in OpenIV has also revealed some interesting things, such as graphical settings (meaning soon we'll able able to kill CA)

daniel-bryan-yes-o.gif

God bless PC modders.

artsi

Does larger FOV not force the card to render more geometry? I may be mistaken.

Well yes it does, but third person already has higher FOV than first person so it's not really an issue if you get nice FPS in third person.

Angry Fork

Man, different people have different priorities, is is really that hard to understand?

This thread is full of haters.

You can just not enter the strip club, and prostitutes look the same as other women just more thigh showing.

Only people really interested in such a mod are religious fundamentalists and they're okay to hate.

GHG

Sweet, been waiting for something like this. Finally, my 6-year-old can play this fantastic game!

Violence is not the issue here folks.

All that sex is what's causing these kids to grow up as crazy mass murderers.

Heh, that prostitute removal mod kinda makes me wanna see a "Good Citizen" mod where you play a generic NPC and all you do is wake up early, obey traffic, drive/take the public transport to work, buy groceries and go home early. It would be kinda fun.

Heh, that prostitute removal mod kinda makes me wanna see a "Good Citizen" mod where you play a generic NPC and all you do is wake up early, obey traffic, drive/take the public transport to work, buy groceries and go home early. It would be kinda fun.

Except you would never make it home in that mod because your entrails would be plastered on the sidewalk

Updated OP with the new low spec patch.

The specs are:

Intel Core i3 2330M @2.20GHz Sandy Bridge
4GB RAM DDR3 @665MHz
NVidia GeForce GT520M

This manages to hold 30fps without going below it, only a bit above unless you lock it with half vsync

You might be able to squeeze 30fps out of a GTX 7900 with this. Might. The 520m is awful.

Thank god can't wait till I can finally play GTA without having messed up colours on my screen.

Wonder how much of a performance impact it has. It'd be funny if a mod is required to make the game both look and run better.

Also I hope we get mods for these things:

Weapon audio volume
Police lethality
Police chopper spawning
Friend weapons
Wasted length and recording
Respawning garage cars
Leave engine running

Thank god can't wait till I can finally play GTA without having messed up colours on my screen.

Granted, I'm no videophile, but what's wrong with the colors? Or is that a display issue you're referring to? GTA V has one of the most beautiful and realistic color palettes I've seen in a game, especially at different times of day. Then again I am playing on a plasma tv so my experience might be different.

23qwerty

Granted, I'm no videophile, but what's wrong with the colors? Or is that a display issue you're referring to? GTA V has one of the most beautiful and realistic color palettes I've seen in a game, especially at different times of day. Then again I am playing on a plasma tv so my experience might be different.

Talking about the chromatic aberration I assume

First thing I'm gonna do if tools become available is replace the gun sounds with something that sounds like actual guns.

I mean this is supposed to be a desert eagle, but it sounds more like a fart lol. Gun fights gonna feel so much more awesome with proper sounds.

First thing I'm gonna do if tools become available is replace the gun sounds with something that sounds like actual guns.

I mean this is supposed to be a desert eagle, but it sounds more like a fart lol. Gun fights gonna feel so much more awesome with proper sounds.

Should be good for some Heat-style shootouts. The current weapon sounds are just meh.

Game-Biz

For real or just a joke? Cuz the strip club and prostitutes are silly things to worry about when you get to beat someone to death with a hammer.
People here in America at least are very used to violence and don't bat an eye at it. But breasts are banned on TV networks so it's big deal for *some* parents. It's crazy, but whatever.

Arjac

See pic
AUTrherl.jpg

Red Dead did the same thing IIRC, certain events such as getting kills cause a brief distortion in the colors, known as "chromatic aberration"
personally I don't have a problem with it as it's used here, but many people clearly do.

Longshot

Anybody remember the rocket glock mod from IV? Replaced the rounds from all glocks with rockets, this included cops too, great fun. I wouldn't mind something like that.

See pic
AUTrherl.jpg

Red Dead did the same thing IIRC, certain events such as getting kills cause a brief distortion in the colors, known as "chromatic aberration"
personally I don't have a problem with it as it's used here, but many people clearly do.

The problem isn't when it happens during events, that's perfectly fine as a sort of notification thing. The real problem is the fact that it's always present to a small degree at the edges of the screen. It looks unfocused and worsenes the jaggies whenever I look at it.

Arjac

The problem isn't when it happens during events, that's perfectly fine as a sort of notification thing. The real problem is the fact that it's always present to a small degree at the edges of the screen. It looks unfocused and worsenes the jaggies whenever I look at it.
I admit, I haven't gotten the PC version yet and my only prior experience was renting the 360 edition.
But this is news to me.

I admit, I haven't gotten the PC version yet and my only prior experience was renting the 360 edition.
But this is news to me.

It's only in the remastered and PC versions as far as I'm aware so you won't have seen it. The only time it's in the last gen version is situations like the screenshot above, and the edges of sniper scopes.

Top Bottom