• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI development speeding up with potential announcement this year, releasing end of 2024 or later

Tommi84

Let's see. For now, this is my expression:

Yeah Right Judging You GIF

EDMIX

Why announce this year when there's two more years to go? Announcement should come at the back half of next year at least.

They had a good results with doing it that way with GTAV and Red Dead 2 though. So I believe its likely that we can see a trailer or reveal this year, more info next year, release date 2024. I don't think its that out of the norm for them as that is how they put out those past titles.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i can tell you, its going to be the BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT gta online experience.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
They'll announce it and at the end of the trailer you'll see ps5 and xbox logo with no steam logo and like always dumbass people will says it's not coming to pc like GTAV like rdr2. Pc players will wait close to two years aaaaaannnnd boom mods

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I hope the multiple country rumour is true.

Should be possible thanks to the SSDs in current gen and PC.

It might be like 200gb though even with compression.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'll be sure to be glued to my screen all day in anticipation :pie_eyeroll:

At least we won't have to wait long lol

Maybe they are right though, I mean think about it, its happening basically today, so why lie about something hours later on something that will fuck you up?

The original rumor back then was that it was in the 70's too. Maybe they are just mixing those things up to get people to believe it lol

Boss Mog

At least we won't have to wait long lol

Maybe they are right though, I mean think about it, its happening basically today, so why lie about something hours later on something that will fuck you up?

The original rumor back then was that it was in the 70's too. Maybe they are just mixing those things up to get people to believe it lol
I hope it's wrong, I don't want a 70s GTA, I want modern day GTA, with a satire of current Americana and US politics, like GTA V was back in 2013 and a lot has changed since then. It probably has zero chance of happening though, I doubt R* and TakeTwo have the balls to do that, a modern GTA would probably end up like the Saints Row reboot sadly, so maybe having it take place in the 70s will let them bypass a lot of woke bullshit, though I wouldn't be surprised if they put some kind of disclaimer when you boot the game up that says: "the 70s were a different time with different standards, etc...".

Last edited:

EDMIX

I want modern day GTA

Well how they normally did it after a modern one, they do some period piece stuff.

with a satire of current Americana and US politics, like GTA V was back in 2013 and a lot has changed since then. It probably has zero chance of happening though, I doubt R* and TakeTwo have the balls to do that

I actually disagree, in the 70's they have a lot to work with considering the failed Drug War thing, but if all you are looking for is just talking about current politics, maybe that shit has gone a bit too far to be getting mad a game isn't about current shit, just to obsess over current shit. GTA series has never been just about current politics to make it sound like we need 2 games back to back on that...

The fucking 70's is FILLED with woke bullshit, I think some of you are just too fucking obsessed over this to understand that, some of you literally think thats new or was made now or is a trend or something weird like that. Even the term you are talking about was used literally several decades BEFORE the 70's. Please man, don't have this narrow focus on this shit to the point of thinking this was a brand new concept, trust me...people you don't like that are "woke" are simply the children of people who were woke in the 70's where there is lots of material just ripe for the picking lol

though I wouldn't be surprised if they put some kind of disclaimer when you boot the game up that says: "the 70s were a different time with different standards, etc...".

?? I mean, even if they did, that would argue they are in support of having that in the game and not bypassed, as in they are saying the game will reflect a different time and standard which I have nothing against being stated, shown etc as I had nothing against Mafia 3 having people just call you the n-word randomly when you are in.....different neighborhoods lol

So if they tell us that when the game is booted up, just means getting ready to see some wild, crazy shit lol

Boss Mog

Well how they normally did it after a modern one, they do some period piece stuff.

I actually disagree, in the 70's they have a lot to work with considering the failed Drug War thing, but if all you are looking for is just talking about current politics, maybe that shit has gone a bit too far to be getting mad a game isn't about current shit, just to obsess over current shit. GTA series has never been just about current politics to make it sound like we need 2 games back to back on that...

The fucking 70's is FILLED with woke bullshit, I think some of you are just too fucking obsessed over this to understand that, some of you literally think thats new or was made now or is a trend or something weird like that. Even the term you are talking about was used literally several decades BEFORE the 70's. Please man, don't have this narrow focus on this shit to the point of thinking this was a brand new concept, trust me...people you don't like that are "woke" are simply the children of people who were woke in the 70's where there is lots of material just ripe for the picking lol

?? I mean, even if they did, that would argue they are in support of having that in the game and not bypassed, as in they are saying the game will reflect a different time and standard which I have nothing against being stated, shown etc as I had nothing against Mafia 3 having people just call you the n-word randomly when you are in.....different neighborhoods lol

So if they tell us that when the game is booted up, just means getting ready to see some wild, crazy shit lol
The numbered GTAs were always modern day. GTA IV and V followed each other.

As for the satire in GTA V, it did a really good job at making fun of both sides and it was really funny every time. But the satire wasn't just limited to politics, but also included culture/counter-culture and right now there's a lot to be made fun of with the emergence of social media in particular, among many other things.

As for a disclaimer, i just think it's silly to have to put one on at all. Movie studios have been going back and inserting them before old movies and I just think the concept is ridiculous. Anybody with an IQ over 100 and a minimum of general knowledge of history should be able to understand that times were different in the past without having to be told so by a disclaimer.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
"End of 2024 or later"

Kill me dead, that's 12+ years after GTA5. Holy shit dude, what the hell have they been doing all this time?

Venuspower

Kill me dead, that's 12+ years after GTA5. Holy shit dude, what the hell have they been doing all this time?

GTA Online Updates, GTA V Last Gen Remaster, GTA V PC, RDR2, RDO Updates, GTA V Current Gen Remaster.

Joking aside. Rockstar was quite open that RDR2 was their first game to be produced worldwide. Therefore, a lot of developers were involved. So it should be obvious that GTA VI only went into full production sometime after the release of RDR2.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

We already have a rough idea of when its coming because they're allocating more than double the money on marketing for 2023-2024 than they've done in the previous years

Boss Mog

So it's not actually based on anything Rockstar has done and its just a hysterical overraction. Got it.
No you obviously don't "get it" at all, if you did you wouldn't dismiss the possibility so easily. Saints Row was always way more over the top than GTA and we saw what happened with the reboot recently, and up to that point Volition hadn't done anything woke either so it makes no sense to say "well they didn't do this before so they won't ever do it". There's a first time for everything and these days corporations tend to follow trends more often they they go against them.

gow3isben

They should definitely not announce it this year. Mid to late 2023 announcement as the release will obviously be 2025 after the 2024 date gets delayed.

nemiroff

Gold Member
IDK.. Rockstar Games studios used to be a mesmerizing show of force, a few years ago they even let their studios experiment with new ideas. But now.. Well.. My notion is that bathing in money hasn't been good for their creativity. Rockstar? GTAVI? Que sera, sera. We'll see.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
That chris kippel dude (what a name for a french dude...) says "A major step is supposed to have been reached in GTA VI development. Things should accelerate (internaly at Rockstar). I think a (real -meaning consistent, not just a trailer-) announcement might be envisaged at the end of the year. Anyway, i don't see the game coming before the end of 2024."

To someone asking him if he's pulling the 2024 date out of his ass, he answer this : "Generally, a rockstar game release 1 and a half / 2 years after announcement. So it's just speculation".

He's just an ass pulling clout chasing moron i guess...

edit : i tried to integrate the other tweet but i'm a moron too...

Last edited:

Rykan

No you obviously don't "get it" at all, if you did you wouldn't dismiss the possibility so easily. Saints Row was always way more over the top than GTA and we saw what happened with the reboot recently, and up to that point Volition hadn't done anything woke either so it makes no sense to say "well they didn't do this before so they won't ever do it". There's a first time for everything and these days corporations tend to follow trends more often they they go against them.
Yes lets base our expectations on a game that is not even out yet from a franchise that is completely unrelated with a completely different developer and pubisher, instead of the recent trackrecord of the actual studio in question for a game of which literally nothing was shown yet. Reasonable.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Yes lets base our expectations on a game that is not even out yet from a franchise that is completely unrelated with a completely different developer and pubisher, instead of the recent trackrecord of the actual studio in question for a game of which literally nothing was shown yet. Reasonable.
Judging from your responses I don't think you know the meaning of the word "reasonable". If you did, you would acknowledge that a woke GTA is a possibility, though definitely not a certainty (which I never claimed it was).

Rykan

Judging from your responses I don't think you know the meaning of the word "reasonable". If you did, you would acknowledge that a woke GTA is a possibility, though definitely not a certainty (which I never claimed it was).
Nah you just said it was "Close to zero chance". It is not reasonable to start predicing "Woke GTA" when both the franchise and Studio in question have done or shown nothing of the sorts. It's just the usual hysterical anti woke BS that has sadly become prevelant on this forum.

SSfox

This game should have been out by now, but since braindead Jockstar were handcuffed to gtav and gtaonline, here we go fall 2024 to later.

Boss Mog

Nah you just said it was "Close to zero chance". It is not reasonable to start predicing "Woke GTA" when both the franchise and Studio in question have done or shown nothing of the sorts. It's just the usual hysterical anti woke BS that has sadly become prevelant on this forum.
What I actually said was that I believe there 's almost no chance for a new modern-day GTA to achieve the level of satire that GTA V did; I never said that the next GTA had zero chance of not being woke. There's a lot of room between those two positions for the next GTA to fit in. Sadly, the only argument you provided to back up your claim that the next GTA won't be woke is one of sheer stupidity: "Well they never did it before, so obviously they'll NEVER EVER do it". It's beyond laughable to think that that's a viable statement about anything really, I mean we just had a man win a women's NCAA championship swimming race and that never happened before either, there's a first for everything and they happen on the daily. At this point I'm convinced you're just a childish troll; the fact that you went back to "LOL" at all of my posts at once certainly suggests as much. And If you're going to complain about this forum for allowing viewpoints you disagree with, there are other options out there, one in particular comes to mind...

Rykan

What I actually said was that I believe there 's almost no chance for a new modern-day GTA to achieve the level of satire that GTA V did; I never said that the next GTA had zero chance of not being woke. There's a lot of room between those two positions for the next GTA to fit in.
And you have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that this is actually going to be the case.
Sadly, the only argument you provided to back up your claim that the next GTA won't be woke is one of sheer stupidity: "Well they never did it before, so obviously they'll NEVER EVER do it". It's beyond laughable to think that that's a viable statement about anything really, I
I love how the argument that the studio should be judged by its own merits and its own productions is an argument of "Sheer stupidity" but assuming that "it could happen" based on factors and trends which the studio has no control over nor has it ever expressed any desire of following is "reasonable". Rockstar Games literally build its entire success on controversy and social & political commentary. It wasn't that long ago that they released a game in which you could punch a women's right activist, tie her up, put her on the back of your horse and then throw her to an alligator. They just released a new version of GTA V with all of its design fully intact just weeks ago.
mean we just had a man win a women's NCAA championship swimming race and that never happened before either, there's a first for everything and they happen on the daily.
And what does this have to do with a video game developed in Scotland? Just because there is a "first for everything" doesn't mean that it becomes reasonable to assume it will when there is no precedent set by the studio in question.
At this point I'm convinced you're just a childish troll; the fact that you went back to "LOL" at all of my posts at once certainly suggests as much. And If you're going to complain about this forum for allowing viewpoints you disagree with, there are other options out there, one in particular comes to mind...
I have no desire to explore "other options". That won't stop me from expressing dissapointment that it's become prevelant for discussion about newly announced games to be filled with comments such as "Oh No! It's probably going to be woke!" "It's going to have woke BS!!" for games that literally have shown nothing of the sorts just because a bunch of alt righties have made their opposition to woke their entire identity.It's pathetic.

Last edited:

EDMIX

The numbered GTAs were always modern day. GTA IV and V followed each other

We only know this as GTAVI based on lack of a name cause its unrevealed.

Battlefield 2042 was called Battlefield 6 internally and even publicly prior to its reveal....cause....you know the name 2042 would leak out what its about.

So I'm doubtful we'll get 2 moderns back to back, I believe its likely going to be a period piece.

it did a really good job at making fun of both sides
soooo you worried if one side gets made fun of more? come the fuck on Mog lol Don't bring this cheerleading shit in here as if someone needs to have a equal and fair amount of lolz on each side and they bring in some ref to make sure the game had an even amount of it or something.
satire wasn't just limited to politics, but also included culture/counter-culture and right now there's a lot to be made fun of with the emergence of social media in particular, among many other things.

Anybody with an IQ over 100 and a minimum of general knowledge of history should be able to understand that times were different in the past without having to be told so by a disclaimer.

ok....yet if you understand that cancel culture exist, why would they not limit those attacks, claims and victimhood shit by having a disclaimer to explain the views are not theirs but of that time frame?

Shit man, even something to combat Cancel Culture is going to upset you? Mog....

Saints Row was always way more over the top than GTA and we saw what happened with the reboot
When did you play the reboot? You are saying this based off a trailer of a unreleased game, you never beat or played, based off of a character in the trailer being black, in which you literally can CREATE the character. Mog....do better man. I just don't know how you can measure how over the top something is, that didn't fucking release, that you never played.
...pretty much this.

I have to agree with this Mog, its unreasonable as they are different developers, you've played neither game and your whole argument is it will be woke based on "trends" with no real evidence that Rockstar plans to do any of that with GTA.

, I mean we just had a man win a women's NCAA championship swimming race and that nev
....ohhhh soooo I was right. This is just some fucking cheerleading shit about fighting a side huh? It sounds to me like if the next GTA doesn't bash a side you hate thru the whole game, you'll just call it woke. This shit sounds like it has nothing to do with GTA and everything to do with groups, sides etc you hate and wanting to see others hate said groups or be labeled "woke" if they have not bashed them enough or some dumb shit.
I'm convinced you're just a childish troll

Rykan isn't making anything that sounds like its trolling and neither do you, just fucking stop man. You just disagree and someone is pointing out a shit load of logical flaws with what you are saying. You are trying to fucking force a person willing a fucking swim race on a game development team as if Rockstar funded and sponsored that whole thing and told them those views would be in the next GTA. Dear god....at least try to make that shit sound connected to Rockstar Mog lol

Mog be like "and they took that black woman off the syrup, WHAT DOES THAT show you about Rockstar and how they feel about WOKE GTAVI"

Boss Mog

bunch of alt righties
And there we have it, the real reason you decided to attack me for a simple comment. You were triggered by the word "woke" because of your politics and any people who use that word must be "alt righties" ( :pie_roffles:) and shouldn't go unchallenged amirite? Let's just stop here I think; I know I'm done, but feel free to get that last word in, I know that's a big deal for keyboard warriors like you.

We only know this as GTAVI based on lack of a name cause its unrevealed.

Battlefield 2042 was called Battlefield 6 internally and even publicly prior to its reveal....cause....you know the name 2042 would leak out what its about.

So I'm doubtful we'll get 2 moderns back to back, I believe its likely going to be a period piece.

soooo you worried if one side gets made fun of more? come the fuck on Mog lol Don't bring this cheerleading shit in here as if someone needs to have a equal and fair amount of lolz on each side and they bring in some ref to make sure the game had an even amount of it or something.

ok....yet if you understand that cancel culture exist, why would they not limit those attacks, claims and victimhood shit by having a disclaimer to explain the views are not theirs but of that time frame?

Shit man, even something to combat Cancel Culture is going to upset you? Mog....

When did you play the reboot? You are saying this based off a trailer of a unreleased game, you never beat or played, based off of a character in the trailer being black, in which you literally can CREATE the character. Mog....do better man. I just don't know how you can measure how over the top something is, that didn't fucking release, that you never played.

...pretty much this.

I have to agree with this Mog, its unreasonable as they are different developers, you've played neither game and your whole argument is it will be woke based on "trends" with no real evidence that Rockstar plans to do any of that with GTA.

....ohhhh soooo I was right. This is just some fucking cheerleading shit about fighting a side huh? It sounds to me like if the next GTA doesn't bash a side you hate thru the whole game, you'll just call it woke. This shit sounds like it has nothing to do with GTA and everything to do with groups, sides etc you hate and wanting to see others hate said groups or be labeled "woke" if they have not bashed them enough or some dumb shit.

Rykan isn't making anything that sounds like its trolling and neither do you, just fucking stop man. You just disagree and someone is pointing out a shit load of logical flaws with what you are saying. You are trying to fucking force a person willing a fucking swim race on a game development team as if Rockstar funded and sponsored that whole thing and told them those views would be in the next GTA. Dear god....at least try to make that shit sound connected to Rockstar Mog lol

Mog be like "and they took that black woman off the syrup, WHAT DOES THAT show you about Rockstar and how they feel about WOKE GTAVI"
I don't know where to start with this mess but I said "counter-culture" and somehow you've managed to misread that into "cancel culture". Obviously making fun of all sides is extremely important to be considered actual comedy, all sides have things they can be mocked for, choosing to only focus on one side results in nothing more than partisan propaganda. Then somehow you affirm I called the Saints Row reboot woke because a character was black , which is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on GAF, news flash, there were plenty of black characters in the older Saints Row games and me thinking the reboot is woke has nothing to do with race or gender of characters but rather with the story and personalities of said characters. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you pretty much accused me of being racist instead of putting forth any actual arguments; it's a common tactic used by people with no arguments. Plenty of black people took to social media and youtube to complain that the Saints Row reboot was woke; I guess they were racist too. Probably "alt righties" even. :pie_eyeroll:

Both of you need to grow up and stop going mental the second somebody uses the word woke like it's an insult to you. There are people of all races, genders, religions, political leanings who don't like woke stuff. They don't like being told how to think by the products they consume. Sadly it's being injected more in more into gaming and as such will come up in conversations about gaming and you guys need to be able to deal with it without childishly resorting to baseless accusations and name-calling.

Of course I don't know what R* will do with the next GTA, but I know that I enjoyed GTA V and I would like more of the same, particularly when it comes to the time period since I much prefer present-day vehicles to those of the 70s or 80s (which can still be present in a modern-day setting). Having it set in present-day allows for satire that everybody will get, whereas if it's set in the 70s and 80s people who aren't familiar with those decades might not get a lot of the jokes or references, it just makes the game more accessible i think. With current trends of companies buckling under the pressure of the twitter mob, it's not unreasonable to think that there's a strong possibility that R* would also try to make sure that their game doesn't offend certain groups. The Post Op vans of GTA V come to mind. They are very clever with their wording but clearly trans lobbies would take issue with such humor. I was pleasantly surprised that the vans were still in the PS5/XsX version and it gives me hope that R* won't cave, but that's an old game and so it's under less scrutiny, we'll have to wait and see what happens with a new entry. Personally though, I'm not confident that things will be the same simply because the dev team won't be the same and a lot of the younger staff might not be okay with certain groups which they consider "off-limits" being the butt of jokes. And that's all I'm saying. If you disagree and want to engage me about it, that's great, that's what forums are for. All that I ask is that you don't get worked up and get on your high horse because the word "woke" triggered you and instead come at me respectfully with arguments that will convince me (rather than bullshit accusations of "racism" and "alt-right"), because in this case I actually want to be convinced.

EDMIX

reboot is woke has nothing to do with race or gender of characters but rather with the story and personalities of said characters.
You never fucking played the game, you never beat the game, what story? The characters you saw seconds of? So yea...I'd say such a weird view is unreasonable. This just reaches a whole lot with very little context and simply assumptions based on a trailer and it sounds evem more dumb when you factor you are trying to force that this has to do with GTAVI lol

A trailer to a game that didn't come out, that you didn't play, a story you can't even tell me cause you didn't play it...has to do with another game, by another company and publisher, that also didn't come out yet, but get this....doesn't even have a trailer, official title..nahhhh Mog, this shit is unreasonable.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you pretty much accused me of being racist
Never accused you of shit, relax with the victimhood shit man lol
a common tactic used by people with no arguments.

Plenty of black people took to social media and youtube to complain that the Saints Row reboot was woke; I guess they were racist too

With current trends of companies buckling under the pressure of the twitter mob,

"racism" and "alt-right"

You need help Mog.

This shit sounds like it barely has to do with a game and you just hating a side.....thats it.

When you need to be like "black people took to social media" thus Saints Row Reboot MUST be "woke" and or "da twitter mob" I don't give a shit Mog.

Its almost as if you are more interested in how its perceived, then anything factual, within context or objective. At the end of the day, they'll put as many fucking jokes in that they feel like it and don't need some measurement to make sure both sides have an equal amount as not to hurt your feelings Mog. It sounds dumb as fuck, like you are making it sound like you are against some pandering, oh but hey ONLY if its about a group of people or side you dislike, but if its on "both sides", you need to be the ref or its "woke".

Go on Twitter, Youtube and other swamps to cry on it Mog, you are not here to talk about a video game, you are here to argue about an ideology and cheerlead a side. Its starting to sound like if GTAVI isn't making fun of people swimming or people you hate or something, you'll just call them woke cause the whole game isn't some massive bash fest or something.

Your entire argument is, trailer of game is woke, story must be woke even though I don't know what it is and its not out yet, thus GTA VI a game made by a completely different team and publisher must also be woke too cause "trends" and or "twitter" and or "youtube" and or "tiktok". Its just not a strong argument and filled with assumptions and forced narratives to cheerlead a side......thats it.

Top Bottom