• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian Heroes or Kingdom Hearts??

Guardian Heroes or Kingdom Hearts

• Guardian Heroes

Votes: 67 68.4%
  • Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 31 31.6%

• Total voters

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Guardian Heroes is a game I've never played but somehow I really want to. It has great artstyle, seems to have nice gameplay and man, that music!

That sax is pure sex.

Is there any way to play this on PC? I don't have an xbox. ;_;

fart town usa

Gold Member
Microsoft gifted me $5 in Xbox store credit

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 collection was already on sale at 20% off, and I've had my eye on Guardian Heroes (which is only $5)

I know GH is a cult favorite but I've been meaning to give KH a proper go for years now

Might as well do it on Xbox
As someone who doesn't like either game(s), I'd wager you made a smarter choice by going with KH.

Granted, I've only played the first KH and it was awful, but Guardian Heroes to me is one of Treasures worst games. I'm sorry Gaf, to me it's just a sub-par brawler with scaling sprites. That mechanic seems to serve no purpose outside of being stylish.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member

it looks pretty sick for $5 tbh

a beat em up with RPG elements?

A comparable and infinitely better game is Capcom's 'D&D: Chronicles of Mystara' but it's not on PS4/XBO. Just PC, PS3, 360 & WiiU.

Guardian Heroes is definitely worth experiencing, just temper your expectations. For $5 though, yea, totally worth a purchase.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Plenty of schmaltz sells good. Doesn't speak to its quality.

Kingdom Hearts does not sell on its story.

It sells on the Disney characters. Not even its FF characters and definitely not its lame OC Squenix characters, just the Disney ones.

It's not some massive sales juggernaut either. It was dormant for a long time and skipped an entire generation.
Good god.Its tiring to constantly hear these blatant lies just because people can't seem to understand the appeal of the franchise.

KH did not skip any gen. It had both Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance during the 7th gen, both mainline games.

If KH original carachters were so hated like that, Sora wouldn't have been THE most requested carachter for Smash, and be the the big last one to be revealef, nor would the reaction be just so overwhelming positive.

KH 3 is the best selling(and fastest) in franchise history. It sold 5 million units in just a few weeks. By now, more than 3 years after its launch, with a DLC and a PC version, its probably really close to 10 million.

KH is going to celebrate 20 years this year, and has an event happening in April, where probably a new mainline game is going to be announced.

I don't really understand why this vocal minority hate KH so much. I mean, I get if you dont like it. But hate?

Must be envy of so much success.

teezzy

Banned
A comparable and infinitely better game is Capcom's 'D&D: Chronicles of Mystara' but it's not on PS4/XBO. Just PC, PS3, 360 & WiiU.

Guardian Heroes is definitely worth experiencing, just temper your expectations. For $5 though, yea, totally worth a purchase.

pretty sure i have this on steam

you can still buy it on xbox store

goes on sale often tooo

hmmm

idk not super into beat em ups... maybe its good i got kingdom hearts

kingdom hearts GIF

teezzy

Banned
Good god.Its tiring to constantly hear these blatant lies just because people can't seem to understand the appeal of the franchise.

KH did not skip any gen. It had both Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance during the 7th gen, both mainline games.

If KH original carachters were so hated like that, Sora wouldn't have been THE most requested carachter for Smash, and be the the big last one to be revealef, nor would the reaction be just so overwhelming positive.

KH 3 is the best selling(and fastest) in franchise history. It sold 5 million units in just a few weeks. By now, more than 3 years after its launch, with a DLC and a PC version, its probably really close to 10 million.

KH is going to celebrate 20 years this year, and has an event happening in April, where probably a new mainline game is going to be announced.

I don't really understand why this vocal minority hate KH so much. I mean, I get if you dont like it. But hate?

Must be envy of so much success.

I'm not overly familiar with the KH franchise, but I like you :)

teezzy

Banned
tv1WLyk.png

yeah that's def the one me and my buddies played on Steam briefly

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shifty

And yet KH is extremely popular, with its story being one of the parts most important about its whole appeal, and KH 3 is most likely the best selling entry so far.

Guess very few gamers are not emotionally-led teens with a penchant for anime storytelling.

Or perhaps is just a small vocal minority that are just emotionless adults that have to have sex and romance in their games to think a story is worth their time.

Who knows?

Whatever the reason is, me and an ever increasing fanbase will surely enjoy the next KH game and certainly not be a sour and bitter gamer complaining about Nomura and his success on forums.
Me oh my, I must have hit a nerve :messenger_halo:

You can tell by the immediate argument to majority, followed by triple-backflipping to conclusions about my taste in games, with an awkward landing into implied bitterness toward precious Nomura-san.

In short: Nah. There's no need to take my evaluation of the franchise so personally. If you flip your lid this bad at someone with conditional love for the series, god help you when you run across someone with genuine hate for it :pie_invert:

Now, fess up teezzy teezzy . You started this thread looking for a Kingdom Hearts bar fight :messenger_tongue:

If you're going in on the 2.5 collection, enjoy. You just bought the finest ARPG ever made - play it on Critical for the best experience.

Though Birth by Sleep is a grindy mess unless you're as into the anime melodrama as that fanboy creature seems to be, and Re:Coded is a movie that will make naff all sense unless you go back and start the story from game one.

Take it from someone who rode Nomura's wild ride once on release, then again back-to-back when the collections came out: It's not worth it, but you can get out like a bandit if you pick and choose the good games. Play 1, 2, 3. Ditch the rest and swot up with wiki dives + youtube.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Me oh my, I must have hit a nerve :messenger_halo:

You can tell by the immediate argument to majority, followed by triple-backflipping to conclusions about my taste in games, with an awkward landing into implied bitterness toward precious Nomura-san.

In short: Nah. There's no need to take my evaluation of the franchise so personally. If you flip your lid this bad at someone with conditional love for the series, god help you when you run across someone with genuine hate for it :pie_invert:

Now, fess up teezzy teezzy . You started this thread looking for a Kingdom Hearts bar fight :messenger_tongue:

If you're going in on the 2.5 collection, enjoy. You just bought the finest ARPG ever made - play it on Critical for the best experience.

Though Birth by Sleep is a grindy mess unless you're as into the anime melodrama as that fanboy creature seems to be, and Re:Coded is a movie that will make naff all sense unless you go back and start the story from game one.

Take it from someone who rode Nomura's wild ride once on release, then again back-to-back when the collections came out: It's not worth it, but you can get out like a bandit if you pick and choose the good games. Play 1, 2, 3. Ditch the rest and swot up with wiki dives + youtube.
There is no need to fake it. You did hit a nerve. I have no problems with people not liking or even hating KH.Not every game is for everyone.

The problem I have is when people start saying lies about it like the story being bs or just emotional garbage or for teens or some nonsense like that. I mean, outside of being fools, its completely a lie, because not only the story has always been one of the biggest reasons why kh is so beloved, but it may also scare potential new players from trying it.

So yeah, I do have a problem with that. And I am not ashamed for admitting it. But not to the point of ruining my day or anything like that, because KH keeps getting more love(and sales), so clearly your opinion doesn't represent the concensus. I just want to make that clear for anyone reading through this thread.

Go play all KH games, and do take your time.You will have a great time!

teezzy

Banned
So there's the collection with 1 and 2

Then one with the spin offs? This is 2.8? Birth by sleep and the 3ds game right? Some movie too?

Then kh 3

And some rhythm game

Am I really missing much if I just do 1, 2, 3?

Nautilus Nautilus

Nautilus

Banned
So there's the collection with 1 and 2

Then one with the spin offs? This is 2.8? Birth by sleep and the 3ds game right? Some movie too?

Then kh 3

And some rhythm game

Am I really missing much if I just do 1, 2, 3?

Nautilus Nautilus
1.5 Collection contains: KH 1, KH Chain of Memories and the movie of KH Days.

2.5 Collection contains: KH 2, KH Birth By Sleep and the movie of KH Recoded

2.8 Collection contains: KH Dream Drop Distance, the prologue of KH 3 and a movie of KH Chi.(the mobile game.

Yes, if you only play the numbered titles, you will be completely lost on whats going on.I would say that Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are 100% essential to understand the story. KH Days and KH Chi are important too, but you can just watch a recap or something in youtube. Though I recommend watching the movies in the collections. Recoded you can skip without worry, and the prologue to KH 3 is fun, but not really important too.

Nautilus

Banned
Nautilus Nautilus

That's a lot of gaming lol
I know lol.

Its like 20 years of plot. Thats why everyone's hopeful that the next KH game will clean the slate, since KH 3 was the end of The Seeker of Darkness saga.

Though if you played KH 3, you know it won't be a clean cut, and certain plot element, most notably from the mobile game from all games, will be important.

My hope is that the next game is a remake of the mobile game, but who knows. Nomura is unpredictable.

teezzy

Banned
I know lol.

Its like 20 years of plot. Thats why everyone's hopeful that the next KH game will clean the slate, since KH 3 was the end of The Seeker of Darkness saga.

Though if you played KH 3, you know it won't be a clean cut, and certain plot element, most notably from the mobile game from all games, will be important.

My hope is that the next game is a remake of the mobile game, but who knows. Nomura is unpredictable.

The one I bought on xbox is 1.5 + 2.5

Imma just chill with that for now

Still playing FFX for the time being anyhow, but thanks so much

Donald Duck GIF

Nautilus

Banned
Nautilus Nautilus

That's a lot of gaming lol
Honestly, my advice is just to take it easy.

The collection with everything usually goes on sale pretty often, and is really discounted each rime, so buy it when that happens. And when you do, start with KH 1 and see how it goes, if you like it or not. If you dont, well then stop there, if you do, just go from there. Take your time. You don't have to play them back to back.

Shifty

There is no need to fake it. You did hit a nerve. I have no problems with people not liking or even hating KH.Not every game is for everyone.

The problem I have is when people start saying lies about it like the story being bs or just emotional garbage or for teens or some nonsense like that. I mean, outside of being fools, its completely a lie, because not only the story has always been one of the biggest reasons why kh is so beloved, but it may also scare potential new players from trying it.

So yeah, I do have a problem with that. And I am not ashamed for admitting it. But not to the point of ruining my day or anything like that, because KH keeps getting more love(and sales), so clearly your opinion doesn't represent the concensus. I just want to make that clear for anyone reading through this thread.

Go play all KH games, and do take your time.You will have a great time!
If you need to repeatedly bring up sales and argumentum ad populum in order to justify your position, then perhaps it's a weaker position than you think.

Moreso for the fact that you're conflating your own personal 'I love KH unconditionally' opinion with an objective truth, to the point where anybody who disagrees is branded a liar and dismissed as having an illegitimate take - I don't see you making any concrete counterpoints disproving claims that KH has a nonsensical storyline, or is designed and marketed toward impressionable teens.

In fact, I think you'd have a hard time doing so on account of how difficult the saga is to follow - consider that a challenge to your status as One True KH Fan, if you like.

And no, "everyone loves it" is not concrete - as much as it may come as a shock, everyone != you.

Square Enix stans are such lolcows ❤

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
If you need to repeatedly bring up sales and argumentum ad populum in order to justify your position, then perhaps it's a weaker position than you think.

Moreso for the fact that you're conflating your own personal 'I love KH unconditionally' opinion with an objective truth, to the point where anybody who disagrees is branded a liar and dismissed as having an illegitimate take - I don't see you making any concrete counterpoints disproving claims that KH has a nonsensical storyline, or is designed and marketed toward impressionable teens.

In fact, I think you'd have a hard time doing so on account of how difficult the saga is to follow - consider that a challenge to your status as One True KH Fan, if you like.

And no, "everyone loves it" is not concrete - as much as it may come as a shock, everyone != you.

Square Enix stans are such lolcows ❤
Ao contrair, my friend. Bringing in sales numbers is what makes my argument objectively valid. If people really hated it, then the numbers(sales) would should it. Instead its the opposite.

This just shows how desperate you've become with your hatred of KH. I mean, there is nothing more objective than sales numbers. People spent their money to get a product. Its just cold numbers, an information given by the most loyal source possible(Square) which cant lie, because they are accountable by them(lying to investors and all would get them in hot waters).

And no, I never said that everyone loves it. You've, in your crusade to denounce KH, said so. I have no problems with someone not liking it. Not every game is for everyone. But saying childish things like " Only teens that likes emmotional crap likes them" is utter nonsense, if you simply think for a second, and only fools that have zero grounds to stand on use that, because they are out of actual arguments.

KH story is complex, and thats why its so good. Its not my fault you are smart enough to follow it.

If anything, people getting this pissed at a videogame, of all things, shows how much success KH has gathered. You love to see it!

Shifty

Ao contrair, my friend. Bringing in sales numbers is what makes my argument objectively valid. If people really hated it, then the numbers(sales) would should it. Instead its the opposite.

This just shows how desperate you've become with your hatred of KH. I mean, there is nothing more objective than sales numbers. People spent their money to get a product. Its just cold numbers, an information given by the most loyal source possible(Square) which cant lie, because they are accountable by them(lying to investors and all would get them in hot waters).

And no, I never said that everyone loves it. You've, in your crusade to denounce KH, said so. I have no problems with someone not liking it. Not every game is for everyone. But saying childish things like " Only teens that likes emmotional crap likes them" is utter nonsense, if you simply think for a second, and only fools that have zero grounds to stand on use that, because they are out of actual arguments.

KH story is complex, and thats why its so good. Its not my fault you are smart enough to follow it.

If anything, people getting this pissed at a videogame, of all things, shows how much success KH has gathered. You love to see it!
Attempting to project anger, crusading, lack of intelligence, and paper arguments onto the second party when engaging of all of those things yourself is the very portrait of desparation. Precisely as expected for an emotionally-led teen (or manchild equivalent) without the ability to articulate their position or respond to critique beyond getting mad, donning a false mask of objectivity, and shouting about out-of-context sales numbers.

Feeling strongly and shouting loudly may be the power of anime, but doesn't work IRL. You're an embarrassment to the KH fanbase - precious Nomura-san would be ashamed.

Nautilus

Banned
Attempting to project anger, crusading, lack of intelligence, and paper arguments onto the second party when engaging of all of those things yourself is the very portrait of desparation. Precisely as expected for an emotionally-led teen (or manchild equivalent) without the ability to articulate their position or respond to critique beyond getting mad, donning a false mask of objectivity, and shouting about out-of-context sales numbers.

Feeling strongly and shouting loudly may be the power of anime, but doesn't work IRL. You're an embarrassment to the KH fanbase - precious Nomura-san would be ashamed.
*Sigh* Sure buddy...

I think enough's enough.Clearly, after all the arguments I have given, you didn't stop insulting me for one second just because you don't like KH.

So in the name of everyone's sanity here, I'll stop here and just enjoy the rest of this beautiful day, instead of badmouthing someone online.

Ladioss

Guardian Heroes because 1/ Treasure and 2/ KH's plot is way too tangled up and baroque for me.

Last edited:

Xenon

I like reading text bubbles and cut scenes, Kingdom Hearts.

I want to fight until my hands cramp, Guardian Heroes.

Top Bottom