• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Strive - Reviews

SSfox

Some Baiken Leaks

24_baiken-render-leak01.jpg
24_baiken-render-leak03.jpg
24_baiken-render-leak04.jpg
24_baiken-render-leak05.jpg

Pejo

Baiken trailers are out!

I really like the changes and new mechanics they added! Didn't expected the new super at all.

Releases this Friday for season pass

Also combo creation mode added

I'm a happy man :)

Happy for you man, she looks fun, if a little stubby. The fireworks gun was the surprise for me. Good stuff.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Can you get just her? Or do you have to buy the whole season pass?
I think you can just buy her, but she won't be available until the 31st, since season pass owners will get her first.

As for those trailers, not really feeling it. They stripped her kit (Strive in a nutshell) and I can't stand her look in this or Xrd. I will always love those +r renders of her and I-no but whatever.

And according to the official site her ease of play is 4 stars so the coomers can play her. Youzansen imput makes it easier to instant overhead and that parry does a ton of damage. This character gonna be annoying unless that parry startup is trash.

Theme is a banger tho. Wanna listen to the whole song.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Quite a change for her(im digging it). Maybe this will lead to her popularity and gameplay being more so in line.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Nice can’t wait until the game is complete so i can buy the finished edition

Last edited:

EekTheKat

Baiken's tether mechanic seems interesting and utterly hilarious - it reminds me of those hardcore fights where they tie one of your arms to your opponent. Seems like a really unique gimmick.

The thought of tethering yourself to Potemkin is both awesome and terrifying at the same time.

Of note - she's listed as an easier to use character now apparently based on one of the previews I saw.

I'm getting a Ramlethal level of rework vibe here - on the surface it seems like a lot has been removed but Baiken might actually be pretty damn fun to use based on how streamlined everything seems to be now. This rework might actually get more people to play her.

[Sigma]

Been meaning to come back to this thread and say Baiken is freaken fun to play! My favorite character in the game now :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:. She lost some things from past games but still her Strive version is dope too. I gotta learn how to do all these throw tether mixups right lol.

Last edited:

amigastar

Been meaning to come back to this thread and say Baiken is freaken fun to play! My favorite character in the game now :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:. She lost some things from past games but still her Strive version is dope too. I gotta learn how to do all these throw tether mixups right lol.
I would love to try out Baiken but unfortunately i don't have season pass and Baiken standalone purchase is a bit steep.
Anyways played online today and got into Floor 4 but already have beaten some other players on that floor.

Just read the patch notes and there are some huge changes that bring some n.eeded quality of life to the game and opens up the possibility to a variety of new combos. I liked the standing P and crouching K changes, Roman Cancel, Dash Cancels, and input priority. Still not sure about the faultless defense button option.

There are just too many changes that only jumping and testing everything will make realize how deep these changes are. I'm quite excited to test some things out.

2 things that bother me about this game are meter usage being too little and damage being too high. I am relatively new to fighting games though so maybe I'm just not playing optimally but the most fun aspect of the game is using the RC system, however I don't get to use it as much as I'd like to because it takes half the meter. I wish the player was able to keep their meter between rounds. Everytime a round ends it feels like it should have meter.

The damage is so high that matches are often over really fast but maybe that's just a preference thing. I like to err on the side of longer matches though to feel like I'm really playing the game.

Life

2 things that bother me about this game are meter usage being too little and damage being too high. I am relatively new to fighting games though so maybe I'm just not playing optimally but the most fun aspect of the game is using the RC system, however I don't get to use it as much as I'd like to because it takes half the meter. I wish the player was able to keep their meter between rounds. Everytime a round ends it feels like it should have meter.

The damage is so high that matches are often over really fast but maybe that's just a preference thing. I like to err on the side of longer matches though to feel like I'm really playing the game.
Meter carrying over would make the experience even worse for you. Game already has too much damage as it is - so imagine your opponent starting a second round with full meter. YOu'd be climbing uphill to begin with.

Meter reset means you get a clean second chance and it encourages offense (spending meter) in the first.

Last edited:
Meter carrying over would make the experience even worse for you. Game already has too much damage as it is - so imagine your opponent starting a second round with full meter. YOu'd be climbing uphill to begin with.

Meter reset means you get a clean second chance and it encourages offense (spending meter) in the first.
I see ..

I agree, I liked the idea of higher damage on paper but in practice it means you have less opportunities to reverse your fortunes and one bad play can mean most of your life bar. Glad to see they are continuing to tone the damage down.

I always forget about the meter, and I can barely reliably do the motion to trigger a super anyways, forget about utilizing RC. That’s just my lack of skill as a player though, not the game’s fault. Gio gives you buffs if you have meter but don’t use it, that’s awesome because I can still get utility from the meter system by totally ignoring it with her. Would love to see some less committal meter options like EX moves like in past GG’s.

Last edited:
Loving all the Guilty Gear shit on the front page the last couple days, warms the soul, ya know?

New character hype!! now nerf Happy Chaos into oblivion 🙏🏼

Last edited:

Labolas

Asuka looks cool and all but suffice to say I stop supporting Strive with the whole Bridget bullshit. And even before that, I was starting to lose interest in the game and the community.

Top Bottom