• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker - Unofficial Thread / Impression Thread - Gunpla fans unite!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah.. I was wrong.
Vita DOES have online.
It has single player, local ad-hoc, online and options to transfer your save to the cloud.

The cloud stuff particularly works wonderfully.
I even played an online session on Vita the other night, works great too.

What a game.. loving it, played the other night until my battery ran out :)

Glad to hear that you found out it does have Online. I had moved away from purchasing the Vita version unfortunately. Might do it in the future eventually and pick it up digitally.

Sounds like you are enjoying the game!

Glad to hear that you found out it does have Online. I had moved away from purchasing the Vita version unfortunately. Might do it in the future eventually and pick it up digitally.

Sounds like you are enjoying the game!

It is FANTASTIC. Absolutely wonderful, great arcade fun, it's really sunk it's teeth into me - I really want to keep on playing just to see what Gundam parts drop in the next mission so I can upgrade!

If you haven't added me on PSN please do: RagingAvatar

Aizo

Banned
I just picked this up for vita the other day, and I'm still trying to figure out some things. What is GP used for?!

Delio

Hope im not slashed for bumping this but Im considering buying this today. Do I need a Jpn account to even play online?

LMN

Hope im not slashed for bumping this but Im considering buying this today. Do I need a Jpn account to even play online?

Nope, you can play online on any account you want. The only thing you will be missing are the dlc/bonus content (code for HG build strike and HG destiny, IIRC)

The only thing to consider is (if you have a Vita) - will you pick up the Vita version for Cross-Save with the PS3 version?

Because that's when things get annoying.

KDR_11k

Collecting parts and building mechs sounds awesome, a melee focus not so much. But since there are no alternatives on Vita I'd get it if they localized it.

LMN

Collecting parts and building mechs sounds awesome, a melee focus not so much. But since there are no alternatives on Vita I'd get it if they localized it.

Then I think you should get it now, the chance of this game being localized is pretty much 0%. Also, I don't think melee focus is a bad thing, if the range weapon become too powerful, then everybody would be spamming it (best example would be SoulSac's throw spam). Even then, the game still give you an option to be range focus, since there many weapons like strike beam launcher, ZZ mega cannon, Zero twin buster rifle, and X's satellite cannon which are all insanely powerful.

It really sucks that this won't get localized at all, especially since you can easily find Gundam Build Fighters (which basically the same stuff as this game, with a silly plot and fun characters) subbed on Youtube.

Listonosh

Then I think you should get it now, the chance of this game being localized is pretty much 0%. Also, I don't think melee focus is a bad thing, if the range weapon become too powerful, then everybody would be spamming it (best example would be SoulSac's throw spam). Even then, the game still give you an option to be range focus, since there many weapons like strike beam launcher, ZZ mega cannon, Zero twin buster rifle, and X's satellite cannon which are all insanely powerful.

Damn, pretty much answered my question. It's a shame because I understand 0% Japanese, and granted, it's not an RPG so I could possibly get by, but I think that would still put me off slightly.

However, to piggyback, is there a tutorial on how to buy Japanese games? I only have one memory card with a ton of digital titles on it already so am I basically screwed?

LMN

It really sucks that this won't get localized at all, especially since you can easily find Gundam Build Fighters (which basically the same stuff as this game, with a silly plot and fun characters) subbed on Youtube.

Kinda of irony isn't it =P

Damn, pretty much answered my question. It's a shame because I understand 0% Japanese, and granted, it's not an RPG so I could possibly get by, but I think that would still put me off slightly.

However, to piggyback, is there a tutorial on how to buy Japanese games? I only have one memory card with a ton of digital titles on it already so am I basically screwed?

You don't really have to worry about this game, I have 0% knowledge of Japanese as well but this game is one of the easier JP game to play and access, since most of the menu and display have at least some english word slap to it.
For the tutorial, I don't really know, my home country usually import JP game to sell here, but I guess you could try to buy the digital version by buying Jp psn card and creating JP acc (edit: get bigger memory card =P), or you could import through website like Play-asia or AmiAmi.

Delio

The only thing to consider is (if you have a Vita) - will you pick up the Vita version for Cross-Save with the PS3 version?

Because that's when things get annoying.

Nah im not getting the Vita version.

Is there any preferred place to order from? I see a Amazon seller for a good price and was considering that.

Hopefully it's alright for me to ask this here, I wasn't really sure where else to ask or check so maybe someone here could help.

I'm thinking of importing the Vita version, though I've been enjoying playing it on PS3 I just wanna take it with me because I know I can spend hours upon hours playing. Are there any differences or anything significant? Or, even better, can I cross save if I were to buy both?

Also are parts for the Hyaku Shiki and/or Death Scythe?

Hopefully it's alright for me to ask this here, I wasn't really sure where else to ask or check so maybe someone here could help.

I'm thinking of importing the Vita version, though I've been enjoying playing it on PS3 I just wanna take it with me because I know I can spend hours upon hours playing. Are there any differences or anything significant? Or, even better, can I cross save if I were to buy both?

Also are parts for the Hyaku Shiki and/or Death Scythe?

Both versions are identical and cross-save compatible.

Delio

WOW so I finally got my game and spent all night playing. It was so addicting even when I couldnt really understand the online much. Just dropping in with friendly players who didnt seem to mind carrying me for a few levels netted me amazing stuff (That Lv 30 00 Raiser Backpack that looks awesome) Honestly having a blast with it.

Is there still any active Gaf playerbase for it?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Im not too sure personally, but you could ask the Gundam gaf group. Though I think most of them are too busy with Extreme Vs. Full Boost at the moment and will be for a while unfortunately.

CorvoSol

I bought this game last year, but I've never gotten to play it since it shipped to my folk's house instead of my apartment, and they've been too busy to ship it to me. It looks like a lot of fun, though.

Delio

Im not too sure personally, but you could ask the Gundam gaf group. Though I think most of them are too busy with Extreme Vs. Full Boost at the moment and will be for a while unfortunately.

Ah well. I'm trying to convince friends to pick it up so we can play together haha

I haven't played Gundam Breaker online since the PS3 got the update to add all the Vita content. Played through the new missions online and am pretty much done with it.

Kysen

Abandoned this game after I hit a brick wall that required extreme grinding for low drop rates or pay real money. What a shame, the game was fun up till that point. Also the last lot of missions being sudden death was extremely frustrating.

Abandoned this game after I hit a brick wall that required extreme grinding for low drop rates or pay real money. What a shame, the game was fun up till that point. Also the last lot of missions being sudden death was extremely frustrating.

I never had a problem with the high level missions when playing online. Offline single player was a big time death sentence, though.

baekshi

Banned
I haven't played Gundam Breaker online since the PS3 got the update to add all the Vita content. Played through the new missions online and am pretty much done with it.

there is like zero replayability after platinum that would make me want to go back to playing this game :|

Sorry to bump this topic but I'm not quite sure where else to ask.

So I finished mission 57 (I think) today and it appeared the game "finished", in that it showed some end-credits (I've been playing this game without much Japanese knowledge relying on Google Translate, so I dunno what actually happened).

Since then, it's given me the option to keep playing new missions, but I'm just wondering how many there are in total? I just finished mission 60 and there seems to be no end in sight.

Also, things have gotten effing difficult over the last 10 missions or so.

LMN

Sorry to bump this topic but I'm not quite sure where else to ask.

So I finished mission 57 (I think) today and it appeared the game "finished", in that it showed some end-credits (I've been playing this game without much Japanese knowledge relying on Google Translate, so I dunno what actually happened).

Since then, it's given me the option to keep playing new missions, but I'm just wondering how many there are in total? I just finished mission 60 and there seems to be no end in sight.

Also, things have gotten effing difficult over the last 10 missions or so.

IIRC there are 100 missions in total. and yes after mission 60 up the game enter highest difficulty mode, it still manageable though if you set up your module carefully and also patient enough to grind for rare drop & weapons with high star rating.

Top Bottom