• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President Elect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President Elect

lead_960.jpg

“Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!”

That’s how Richard B. Spencer saluted more than 200 attendees on Saturday, gathered at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C., for the annual conference of the National Policy Institute, which describes itself as “an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world.”

Spencer has popularized the term “alt-right” to describe the movement he leads. Spencer has said his dream is “a new society, an ethno-state that would be a gathering point for all Europeans,” and has called for “peaceful ethnic cleansing.”

For most of the day, a parade of speakers discussed their ideology in relatively anodyne terms, putting a presentable face on their agenda. But after dinner, when most journalists had already departed, Spencer rose and delivered a speech to his followers dripping with anti-Semitism, and leaving no doubt as to what he actually seeks. He referred to the mainstream media as “Lügenpresse,” a term he said he was borrowing from “the original German”; the Nazis used the word to attack their critics in the press.

“America was until this past generation a white country designed for ourselves and our posterity,” Spencer said. “It is our creation, it is our inheritance, and it belongs to us.”

Chilling video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

In case there was any pussy footing around what "Alt-Right" really means.

Never forget:

Xun

Guys, seriously, just wait and see! I'm sure this will all be fine.

Edit: Seriously? Peaceful ethnic cleansing? What the fuck.

Actual Nazi: "I am a literal Nazi. Heil Trump, kill the Jews."

Moderates: "Ya'll need to stop calling people bigots so much and appeal to Trump's base more! Give him a chance!"

We've somehow come full circle. How the fuck did this happen?

Thinking about this event when I read about it earlier, I pondered the ethical question of- were you to be waiting on these 'people' and given the opportunity to dress their food and drinks....

What would you do?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What are YOU going to do when they knock on your door? They are coming. Maybe not tomorrow, but maybe the day after that.

This is easily scarier than any of the days after 9/11 and all of us are worried about whether we were fucking nice enough to poor white folks in Michigan.

Moderates: "Ya'll need to stop calling people bigots so much and appeal to Trump's base more! Give him a chance!"

You can't honestly believe what you posted.

These fuckers up there in the OP are not the ones that can be reached. The multitude of millions out there who voted for Trump but would never even imagine to participate in this kind of event are.

Sorry, but this seems to be a running refrain in so many political threads lately, and its annoying to see people miss the (debatable) point by so many miles.

These people need to be fought and shunned. They should find some far away uninhabited island somewhere they can call their own so this country can continue to evolve.

Are you implying that moderates are nazis?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's amazing, or rather scary, that these people now feel completely comfortable doing this in public.

WedgeX

Banned
I'd say "boy, being at RRB then surely the FBI must have been watching them."

But now I'm not so sure the FBI wouldn't just be there to support them.

No such thing as "peaceful ethnic cleansing."

There comes a point that one needs to rethink about their non-violent beliefs and this is it.

They feel comfortable putting their faces and names out in public. I just want to know how do they fund their lifestyle? Who hires them? They have zero career trajectory besides being bigots.

dlauv

It's really fucking sad that these guys have been emboldened.

They can creepishly cry all they want to for "peaceful ethnic cleansing," and it won't happen. They start laying hands, and shit will get real.

These fuckers up there in the OP are not the ones that can be reached. The multitude of millions out there who voted for Trump but would never even imagine to participate in this kind of event are.

Sorry, but this seems to be a running refrain in so many political threads lately, and its annoying to see people miss the (debatable) point by so many miles.

These people need to be fought and shunned. They should find some far away uninhabited island somewhere they can call their own so this country can continue to evolve.

The only thing that separates the people in the OP from the rest is the lack of pretense.

It's really fucking sad that these guys have been emboldened.

They can creepishly cry all they want to for "peaceful ethnic cleansing," and it won't happen. They start laying hands, and shit will get real.

image.php
(edit: beaten)

They are actually inciting a race war, but BLM and black people are the ones that want a race war according to some white people.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
No handwaving.

Not today, not ever.

That "multitude of millions" co-signed this shit. Trump flip-flopped on damn near every plank he held during the Republic run-up and presidential campaign, but he stayed on point with his bold-faced racism. The entire time.

They can take some goddamn responsibility, then we can start talking.

Intrepid Breitbart reporter John Binder is on the case!
Those "trolls" need a good old fashioned ass kicking.

That "multitude of millions" co-signed this shit. Trump flip-flopped on damn near every plank he held during the Republic run-up and presidential campaign, but he stayed on point with his bold-faced racism. The entire time.

They can take some goddamn responsibility, then we can start talking.
I don't believe for a moment that its fair to cast Trump's entire voting base with this lot, their words and their actions.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Why doesn't he tweet about this and tell us how horrible it is and that they should apologize? Hmm...I wonder...

He gets into multi tweet rants about Hamilton but all he could say about the racism among his supporters is "Stop it" on 60 minutes.

Maybe he needs to say it on 20/20. That'll show them!

I think we've all been trained since birth to believe that it is morally justifiable to beat up Nazis and Nazi sympathizers. They literally advocate for the open dominance and subordination of others based on skin color enforced by violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom