• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime no Ippo fans! DVD vol 1 for $14.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

B00023BN6U.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I heard on IRC yesterday that it was $14.99 at Target but I wasn't able to confirm until stopping there today during my lunch break. $14.99 is 10 bucks less than Best Buy and like 7 or 8 bucks less than what you'd pay online. And it's 5 eps per disc so for those of us who were a bit concerned about that, you need not be.

Chrono

Banned
I'm waiting to see if ALL the DVD volumes have 5 episodes per disk.. that should bring the total to 12 volumes. I definitely want to rewatch this on DVD so if that's the case I'll be buying even at 18 $ from Deep Discount DVD.

Hey did anyone here the Full Metal Alchemist DVDs are to be spread out on 16 DVDs? They're saying the license was so expensive (DAMN YOU SQUARE!) that Funimation's only way of making a profit is to put 3 episodes per disk...

I'm still going to buy them all. I don't think I can stop myself. :(

[in reference to Fullmetal Alchemist]: It's not too often that the Japanese R2 release has less discs than the R1. Of course, the R1s are still much cheaper...

Gantz

Banned
Fighting Spirit?.. What happened to Ippo?! :( Anyone watch it yet? How are the subs and dubs. As for FMA, serves Funimation right for their awful dubbing. They are not getting any of my money.

Chrono

Banned
Since we're talking about anime DVDs, I have a question that's not worth a topic so I'll put it here.

How is the Rahxephon movie?

I'm going to order the whole series, but can't decide whether to get vol 1 w/ box and vols 2-7 OR get the movie LE which ( also comes with a box and booklet ) and then get vols 1-7 with volume 1 just being the disk not the series box one.

Chrono said:
Since we're talking about anime DVDs, I have a question that's not worth a topic so I'll put it here.

How is the Rahxephon movie?

I'm going to order the whole series, but can't decide whether to get vol 1 w/ box and vols 2-7 OR get the movie LE which ( also comes with a box and booklet ) and then get vols 1-7 with volume 1 just being the disk not the series box one.

The Movie Box rules - it's a hard box with great illustrations and an amazing 54 page booklet (including Mamoru Oshii heavily criticizing the RahXephon movie and series director). The Box has room for 1-7, the movie, and the booklet.

The Movie itself is pretty weak - 60% of the footage is just reused from the TV show, and while the ending is different, the entire film feels rushed and weak. Worth one watch but not really anything more than that. The music for the movie is really well done, but ADV screwed up the encode on 100% of the discs, so the Japanese 5.1 track has 'crunched' audio (no right channel, center channel mixes into the left). Apparently an exchange program is going to be happening soon (5.1 english is fine though)

If you want a quality box, go for the set now, because it's a Limited Edition and ADV has no plans on a second run. But make no mistake about it, the series crushes the movie and it should be your top priority.

The regular series box is kind of flimsy, cheaply put together, and the tshirt sucks.

Chrono

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
The Movie Box rules - it's a hard box with great illustrations and an amazing 54 page booklet (including Mamoru Oshii heavily criticizing the RahXephon movie and series director). The Box has room for 1-7, the movie, and the booklet.

The Movie itself is pretty weak - 60% of the footage is just reused from the TV show, and while the ending is different, the entire film feels rushed and weak. Worth one watch but not really anything more than that. The music for the movie is really well done, but ADV screwed up the encode on 100% of the discs, so the Japanese 5.1 track has 'crunched' audio (no right channel, center channel mixes into the left). Apparently an exchange program is going to be happening soon (5.1 english is fine though)

If you want a quality box, go for the set now, because it's a Limited Edition and ADV has no plans on a second run. But make no mistake about it, the series crushes the movie and it should be your top priority.

The regular series box is kind of flimsy, cheaply put together, and the tshirt sucks.

Cool. I'll get the movie LE then. :D

Chrono

Banned
Since this topic is back up I'd just like to say that the Rahxephon boxset (the one that comes with the movie LE) is the greatest anime box art I'VE EVER SEEN. I just got it this morning, delivered overnight, and I can't stop looking at it. I think I'll put it on my desk right next to my PC. :)

oh and the booklet rules. I'll have something to look for info from right after I finish the series.

A poster would've made the package even more perfect though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom