• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halloween events 2020

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

In a week it's Halloween, and as a result your video games update to offer additional content related to the season. Here is a non-exhaustive list.

Let's start with Don't Starve Together, currently on sale on Steam, and their Return of Them: Forgotten Knowledge and Hallowed Nights event. The cool game from Klei Interactive offers you to win new costumes for your favorite psychopaths as well as a new machine.
If you log into the game before Halloween, you can also earn new ornaments for your walls.

Then we have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone which offers a new game mode - Zombie Royale - and a night variant of the Verdansk map. The concept of the new mode features several teams and hordes of zombies, and the last team alive wins the game.
On The haunting of Verdansk map, players can come face to face with Jigsaw from Saw or Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This promises cuddly evenings.

Fortnite also has its event soberly called Fortnightmare. Apparently players are fighting shadows and can themselves become shadows if they get knocked out. I put the video there because honestly it seems like a happy boxon too long to describe.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons, the cutest game, will also try to scare you. The game therefore offers new skin colors (yes you read that right, like "witch white", or "monster blue") as well as the possibility of planting pumpkins.
Yes, it's Animal Crossing, you expected to what? K
ill kittens?

Borderlands 3 - Bloody Harvest. Like last year, the game offers new skins, new loots, and the return of Captain Haunt.

Killing Floor 2 Infernal Insurrection brings in tons of new content including the new Infernal Insurrection event along with new maps, new weapons, and more. The new event takes place in London, where the chaos originated.
Players will have new weapons such as the HRG Scorcher and the HRG Arc Generator to deal with the creatures.

The Eternal Blight event in Dead by Daylight is scheduled to last between 21 October and 4 November 2020. It temporarily adds new objectives to the gameplay of killers and survivors.
Witness the return of the Pustula Flowers to the Fog, collect new Halloween items and add-ons from past years, as well as some new additions. The event also brings with him the final chapter in The Hallowed Blight story arc that began in 2018.

In Rocket League Haunted Hallows, players will have the opportunity to acquire new Ghostbusters items by completing special event challenges.
Two special modes will also be playable on this occasion: Haunted Heatseeker, a variant of Heatseeker set in a haunted urban arena, will be playable from October 20 to 26, and will be followed by Spike Rush on different night maps from October 26 to November 3.

Made with the help of this news (in French)

bender

What time is it?

Banned
literally all 3 big BRs, Apex Legends, Fortnite and CoD Warzone have a Halloween mode where you become a ghostly zombie thingy with super powers...
coincidence? lol... fucking weird at the very least

Last edited:

Arkam

A life time ago i was operating F2P MMOs and would have been planning my life around the exploitation of this holiday. Best of luck to the decent folk trying to navigate this season of exploitation. From here until Lunar New Years is a wash.

Rickyiez

All of the BR games looks boring with rehashed concept and a bunch of ugly neon skins . Should've gone the true horror route (ya ya we got the masses to please , I know )

nikos

I absolutely can't stand anything zombie related, but Warzone got it right by allowing players to become zombies and giving them good mobility. The mode is so much fun that I won't automatically dismiss things that are zombie related anymore.

TheContact

Warcraft is doing a Halloween event too but they’ve been doing that since vanilla I believe. I think the first holiday event in a video game for me was in Ultima Online, they spun up a special server which let you choose from either being Santa or a Reindeer I believe and they let you pvp each other in Trinsic. I’ve never been able to find any footage or screenshots of this though so I think it’s lost to history and the few people that ever played it. MMOs in 97-99 aren’t as popular as they are now.

Top Bottom