• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Map Pack IGN review

Monorojo

Banned
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/631/631772p1.html

A couple of weeks after the release of Halo 2 the IGN editors submitted their collective afterthoughts on the game. In my comments I mentioned the lack of a two-player team option and pined for something along the lines of small-team battles. No more than a year later, that feature has been added to the online gameplay options. This is just a small example of Bungie's dedication to cultivating the Halo community. It may not be possible to appease every gamer but with the release of Multiplayer Map Pack Bungie is sure making a valiant effort.

Im in shock.....

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i just wanted to say that gemini is the worst halo 2 map.

the rest however, are really good.

by the way, is anyone gonnan rip the halo 2 cut scene on he dvd? Blim?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
newsguy said:
I would say Gamespot will score it lower, but I don't think they will review a MAP PACK

if they do review it, i hope kasavin spoils the map pack in the review. lol.

Andokuky

Banned
Half of the crap that is CHEATING and sucks Bungie doesn't even admit and classify as cheating. Super jumps anyone? I don't know, I want fixes for the cheats but with Bungie I am definitely not holding my breath.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
blackadde said:
What other devs have actually charged for maps?

zipper by indirectly selling the new socom 2 maps by putting it on the OPM demo discs. that's even worse...about $5 an issue and they only includde 1 map per demo disc for a total of 3 maps. after all 3 were released, they put all 3 maps on 1 disc in the following issue. did that piss people off :lol

hey, remember when bungie told egm that they knew about the flags going through walls cheat but didn't want to fix it during development? haha. 9.0 indeed

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Andokuky said:
Half of the crap that is CHEATING and sucks Bungie doesn't even admit and classify as cheating. Super jumps anyone? I don't know, I want fixes for the cheats but with Bungie I am definitely not holding my breath.

I have faith in Bungie

blackadde said:

Ubisoft with Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. It wasn't until almost a year later that the maps became free to download, when Chaos Theory was coming out.

Jeff-DSA

Seriously?

I'd not bother reviewing the pack, personally. But in any case, the maps should have been in Halo 2 to begin with. The way they cut off the single-player campaign, these maps should be free.

Moose

IGN said:
Bungie was under tight deadlines while working on Halo 2 and the majority of their team was focused on finishing the single player experience.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ChrisReid

blackadde said:

Do we really need this debate again? If you don't want to buy the maps, wait till August 30 and they'll all be free. If you feel $20 ($15 at CC or Fry's, $12 online) is a good price for the amount of enjoyment you'll get until the maps go free, then go out and buy them. That's all there is to it. I got mine for $14.88 at Fry's and it was money well spent.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ChrisReid said:
Do we really need this debate again? If you don't want to buy the maps, wait till August 30 and they'll all be free. If you feel $20 ($15 at CC or Fry's, $12 online) is a good price for the amount of enjoyment you'll get until the maps go free, then go out and buy them. That's all there is to it. I got mine for $14.88 at Fry's and it was money well spent.

yup. i like that bungie has even been very open about the date for when the maps will be free... even when you go to download them on live it says they'll be free aug 30th.

i have no problem supporting good games in this manor.

FiRez

Is me or the gravity is altered on this maps

mcdarobot6ax.gif

BUNGIE: NERFING HALO UNTIL MASTER CHIEF CAN DANCE TO SKIP BULLETS AND THE SOCCER MOMS CAN GO PRO

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
GhaleonEB said:
Bungie was making Halo when Microsoft bought them. Bungie then finished Halo. Does that mean Microsoft developed Halo?

Actually to be 100% technical, yes it does.

blackadde

ChrisReid said:

It wasn't a loaded/trap question, I was just curious.

ATJaguarX

Banned
I will wait the 1 1/2 months and spend the money on whores and liquor instead!
I'll take the map pack for $15 over the type of whores and liquor you're going to get for the same price...

Top Bottom