• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

RAIDEN1

The Nexus6, how are you watching the fall of reach via Halo Waypoint? I've been to their site but there is no link no page that I can see that lets you watch the episode right now, I thought it wasn't released till the 27th?

Eric WK

Not to be a wet blanket, but Greenberg doesn't specifically mention that they're DLC maps and the event presumes most people don't have the game yet.

I'm hoping for DLC maps, but I'm not overly confident that's what we'll be seeing.

DOWN

Banned
For someone who wants to know the Halo 5 mainline story setup, what do I need to do? I know Halo 2 Anniversary has some stuff, that live action show has some, there's some Halo 5 ads to watch, and then Halo 4 of course. That's the mainstream content that sets up 5 right?

Don't care about comics and books and web shows as that's what I consider spinoff, but the stuff that is very 343 involved and largely included or tied to the game releases like Master Chief Collection

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
The Nexus6, how are you watching the fall of reach via Halo Waypoint? I've been to their site but there is no link no page that I can see that lets you watch the episode right now, I thought it wasn't released till the 27th?

I can watch it on my iphone

For someone who wants to know the Halo 5 mainline story setup, what do I need to do? I know Halo 2 Anniversary has some stuff, that live action show has some, there's some Halo 5 ads to watch, and then Halo 4 of course. That's the mainstream content that sets up 5 right?
Depends what you consider "mainstream". There's a bunch of stuff
Hunters In The Dark (book)
Last Light (Book)
Hunt The Truth (Radio Drama)
Halo: Escalation (comic series)
Halo: Nightfall (TV series, only watch if you actually want ODST armor in H5)

BraXzy

What the hell..

It just matched me and Marvel up against h0lmb0m.. The streamer that has been playing for like a week. We were getting trashed and then pulledbit back we only needed 1 kill, they needed 3 but they clutched it :(

Glass

What the hell..

It just matched me and Marvel up against h0lmb0m.. The streamer that has been playing for like a week. We were getting trashed and then pulledbit back we only needed 1 kill, they needed 3 but they clutched it :(

Was watching, good game guys!

Now the question is, do I buy this digitally tonight so I can have it preloaded and ready to go for when I get home from work tomorrow? Or buy a hard copy and have to install when I get home. Decisions decisions.

Don't care about comics and books and web shows as that's what I consider spinoff, but the stuff that is very 343 involved and largely included or tied to the game releases like Master Chief Collection

Try this, gives the history on Blue Team and Osiris, among other things. It talks about the comics, the novels and just about everything.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HaloCanon

Marvel

could never
What the hell..

I had sweaty hands lol was a gg

Rivanov

Banned
Never been into Halo.. bought MCC but played it twice.. But it's itching to buy Halo 5.. the hype is getting me. But I'm afraid I won't touch this game after a few rounds..

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
DxohYf9.gif

DOWN

Banned
Depends what you consider "mainstream". There's a bunch of stuff
Hunters In The Dark (book)
Last Light (Book)
Hunt The Truth (Radio Drama)
Halo: Escalation (comic series)
Halo: Nightfall (TV series, only watch if you actually want ODST armor in H5)
Are you saying don't watch Nightfall? Like it's only worth the time if you want DLC?
Try this, gives the history on Blue Team and Osiris, among other things. It talks about the comics, the novels and just about everything.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HaloCanon
Thanks but I want to stick to experience the content myself rather that summary

Top Bottom