• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Will Have Player Customization At The Level Of Reach.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a lengthy Halo Waypoint post to recap where 343 is with the game’s development, they went over a lot of things about Infinite. One was mentioning player customization saying that fans of Halo Reach would “be pleased.”

hi_e319_concept_ringalone-290b53ec062d4f86863b7fe908c485f9.jpg

hi_e319_concept_stinger_environment-22634121ad49454ab9132d8278217dba.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if it will be the level of Reach on the X360 or the revamped and much shittier linear version they implemented into the MCC version.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I loved how Bungie handled Halo 3's customization (my overall belief is customization shouldn't be in shooters) if you got badass armour selections like hayabusa you need to have that option for your fans.

-Troid-

Banned
I'm guessing that'll only apply to multiplayer but I wonder if there'll be a second playable character in the Campaign you get to customize. That would be neat. Actually I'd like to play as Arbiter too. Maybe they could have
Chief, Arby, and a Custom character in the Campaign? Probably unrealistic but it would be cool.

Flintty

Why not? You can Customize Kratos armor. You can customize Geralt's (of Rivira) armor. I don't see why you couldn't customize Master Cheif's armor.

I think I’d like it if it was customisable not just for aesthetics but also for gameplay. As silly as it sounds, I’m thinking Mario customisations but modular in design and totally optional.

Stealth mission? Go all black and attach the night vision helmet to make it easier, or not - it’s up to you!

Space zero G mission? Get those extra boosters attached for mobility, and enlarged air tanks wouldn’t go amiss! But it’s up to you!

Ahh a snowy mission! Gotta go white and add thermal vision helmet because of the fucking great big blizzard. If you want to.

I could go on... 🤓

Phase

You can buy the games separately. You still get the same MCC menu but you can only play the games you've bought of course.
Oh, but if you go to the Steam page it says you need the base game (MCC) to play. I assume if you just want Reach you buy on the Windows store? (I already have MCC on xbox, just curious).

Last edited:
Oh, but if you go to the Steam page it says you need the base game (MCC) to play.

I don't know why it says that but you can buy them separately on Steam. Reach is the only game out for PC currently so if you buy it you get the MCC menu with only Reach available.

Havoc2049

I just hope they go with Bungie's Halo Trilogy and Halo Reach military style look and get away from the gawd awful 343 Power Ranger look started in Halo 4 and took to the next level in Halo 5.

Reach
6e4c930b48b97b15407d0d2230df22a2.jpg

Halo 5
800px-H5-Spartan-Customization.png

stickkidsam

Reach doesn't even have that many customisation options! And especially compared to Halo5 multiplayer.
Are you high?

Halo 5 has body and helmet only while Halo Reach has shoulder, body, helmet, legs, etc.

If you mean Halo 5 has more armor to pick from then yeah sure, but 70% of it is reskins and most of the base variants look terrible.

Top Bottom