• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite's lack of updates is forcing its biggest streamers to turn to other games (PCGamer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pro halo friend is now playing Apex on twitch. It's sad to see cause Infinite is still the best playing fps out currently. I play it cause I can play and master a few maps and have a blast, but it does seem that its genuinely turning so many people off with its lack of content. 343 should be embarassed.

It'll be back better than ever. This is just a temporary slump. And when the game updates, all these streamers and their viewers will return too. The game is out right now and already justifies the $10 it costs to play it via Gamepass, and future updates will add even more value. Everybody will love it.
I agree, the gameplay is still amazing. Drop a few updates, throw in a doom collab or fallout armor.

I agree, the gameplay is still amazing. Drop a few updates, throw in a doom collab or fallout armor.
co signed. We all really enjoyed our time with it- but there wasn't a lot of variation sadly. It didn't seem fully fleshed out- a shame since it's one of my favorite playing Halo games in a long time!

Dutchy

That's really dumb dude. Halo could be considered Gaas since Halo 2 or 3. This argument about it being unfinished is only a thing because we knew what was originally planned. if we didn't know, the confirmation bias wouldn't be so prevalent.
DLC is not Gaas. Halo 2 and 3 were not Gaas. Launching the game without tons of features that were standard in previous titles is the definition of unfinished.

Nydius

Between the lack of weapon diversity, the network problems (desync, lack of regional option leading to players with pings all over the place, etc.), the lack of player collision, the awful hit detection, inconsistent weapon types (looking at you, Battle Rifle), paper mache quality vehicles, and the poorly designed maps, I don't know how anyone can say Infinite's gameplay is amazing with a straight face.

Between the lack of weapon diversity, the network problems (desync, lack of regional option leading to players with pings all over the place, etc.), the lack of player collision, the awful hit detection, inconsistent weapon types (looking at you, Battle Rifle), paper mache quality vehicles, and the poorly designed maps, I don't know how anyone can say Infinite's gameplay is amazing with a straight face.
"git gud"...but yes gafs game of the year gameplay is amazing. Movement, gunplay, game modes are fun to play...gameplay isn't often what people attack about the game. network issues, and lack of content is.

ZywyPL

Banned

6bx6oi.jpg

The core is, the movement, the pacing, hip firing, the TTK etc. it's a well balanced masterpiece, but 343 needs a lot of work to grind that diamond.

Topher

Gold Member
6bx6oi.jpg

The core is, the movement, the pacing, hip firing, the TTK etc. it's a well balanced masterpiece, but 343 needs a lot of work to grind that diamond.

There were some things I did not like about Halo Infinite's campaign, but the gameplay was fun as hell.

They might be referring to the gunplay, i.e bullet and gun physics, sense of weight, and suchlike. Maybe mobility options too. Seems there's a common sentiment among the fanbase that at least those parts are very strong.

I've sunk far too many hours into this game and got to a point where I play once every two weeks, if that. The desync and general network issues have been comically bad compared to other shooters I've played. Sometimes you're literally seeing yourself rewind and get replaced to a different spot. It's produced some of my most frustrating online gaming experiences.

I swear the whole studio should be sacked , with Activision and bathesda now they can have an ace halo and supported content for years , from treyarch , Id software ,Infinity ward etc.
Halo infinite is the prime example of when gameplay isn't enough ,everything else in game reeks incompetence , the loading screen the menus the content literally feels like from an indie studio with 5 10 team members.
Fucking download halo wallpapers from Google 343 and put those as loading screen for God sake

Dutchy

AEAqZ1W.png

we're slowly getting there folks!

edit:
screenshot_20220411-1txjwd.jpg

slowly but surely
I've been pitching these images around as well but modern Halo enjoyers will still pretend like it isn't significant at all. 'But MCC is 5 content complete games!!' <-- 80% of the population plays the bungie games. You know, those games that are between 10 and 20 years old by now? And Halo Infinite is the newest, most expensive, most marketed, and most relevant entry in the franchise right now. The fact that they don't think it means anything is borderline stockholm syndrome batshit crazy. 343 got these dudes by the nuts.

ZywyPL

Banned
Waiting a whole month for S2 to implement network and balancing fixes is a huge mistake, especially the connection improvements should be implemented ASAP, by May the game won't even have 1k players just like BF2042. I really want to like the game but I cannot stand this lagged piece of shit anymore, this game fully deserves to die because of desync alone.

AEAqZ1W.png

we're slowly getting there folks!

edit:
screenshot_20220411-1txjwd.jpg

slowly but surely

Jeebus...they've been having like 50% MoM declines for the longest. At least May's average might bump up a tad due to the new content...then we'll see if the average starts climbing up, stagnates, or keeps dropping down again.

They barely have any new content for Season 2 so one of the latter two options is most likely IMO.

Waiting a whole month for S2 to implement network and balancing fixes is a huge mistake, especially the connection improvements should be implemented ASAP, by May the game won't even have 1k players just like BF2042. I really want to like the game but I cannot stand this lagged piece of shit anymore, this game fully deserves to die because of desync alone.

I think they're going to quietly abandon that "10-year plan" for this game and just roll out a new current-gen only Halo game in a few years. Probably show it off in 2024 or something with a CG trailer, don't want to make the Halo Infinite community feel like they're getting burned TOO badly.

343i simply aren't up to supporting a successful Halo game for even 10 months let alone 10 years. I think they'll get one last, final chance though...and the same goes for Halo for that matter. One last shot to put out a genuinely amazing Halo game with no major issues, no disappointments, no missing content, solid SP & MP, and they'll probably pull in help from other teams like iD, Coalition, etc.

If they can't make that work, even with the added help, I can def see 343i just getting spun down to a technical support studio, and the Halo IP being retired altogether. Maybe they try revitalizing it at some point with a feature film, I guess.

Last edited:
That's really dumb dude. Halo could be considered Gaas since Halo 2 or 3. This argument about it being unfinished is only a thing because we knew what was originally planned. if we didn't know, the confirmation bias wouldn't be so prevalent.
Dude gaas doesn't mean release a game with minimum content and dont release any content for 8 9 months.
If u want ur gaas game succeed release content every month or few months to retain fanbase otherwise people will move on just like they have in infinites case ,u think people will come back to game for 1 map released in 8 months ? I think ur delusional if u do

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So I've gone back to this for like an hour or two a day the last few days and the game play is still absolutely sublime. The game plays so well imo, and you can have those amazing classic halo moments. It just needs more support asap and they better bring it in season 2.

I'm like level 90 in the battle pass now, will deffo get to 100 in the next few days.

T-Cake

I've been enjoying my brief moments in multiplayer (purely for the daily reward points) and regret not getting the battle pass. Especially as I have just realised the goddamn rewards points would pay for it and cost me zero! Is it too late to do so now? I'm only on level 20.

Leyasu

Banned
This. They refused to region filter halo 5 saying that it would affect waiting times. They cynically (I am sure) waited until the player base died before implementing it. Waiting times went up because everyone had left, then smugly said “we told you so” before deactivating it again.

Now infinite not only has a lack of a regional filter, it also has major network issues. They are useless.

The game is amazing when it works well, but the issues above coupled with the lack of content are killing it

sainraja

The only criticism I do not understand when it comes to Halo Infinite is criticism about them adding sprint/ledge grab. I mean, why in the world shouldn't they add that to the game? The absence of those isn't what should define Halo. I know the sprint implementation they have in HI isn't actually sprinting (if the video I saw on that was correct) so that just needs fixing so it is actually sprinting. Artificially removing things that the character itself is able to do is just silly. If it wasn't there before doesn't mean it can't be added and I highly doubt the reason HI is in the state it is in is because of sprint/ledge grabbing. Those are very minor small things (and you can still play the game without ever sprinting.)

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
We need content updates so we can streeeeam.

I'm streaming dying light 2 right now and having a blast. Nearly at 200 followers. Halo streamers should go stream that it's great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom