• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo's Lore Behind The Lore (Part 1)

So a youtuber I have been watching has done a video that I have found fascinating. He is basically attempting to solve the ending to Halo using the Lore that is in place, the personal beliefs of the author of the Forerunner Saga Books Greg Bear as well as his author works in the other Sci Fi works.

This shit is deep lol. Clearly his analysis wasn't a day or weekends work. He is also the guy who bet the MP Leaks were legit, gave good analysis as to why (and turned out to be right)

Before you go "Oh No, 30 minutes" understand it is a deep dive. And the first portion reviews exactly what the Lore is, or at least the major important bullet points.

Also don't think this ends and doesn't give you the theory. Part 2 will discuss how it works for all the little details in Halo. This video explains the purpose of the Precursors becoming the Flood and its ultimate goal. Feel free to give him a like.

*NO CONSOLE WARS PLEASE*

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I love that Halo is a using a theoretical "halo" concept of outer space civilization, but didn't know that it was using childish/funny approach until lately. Hoped it would be a good replacement for the MIA Mass Effect games.

SpartanN92

Banned
I liked it a lot, I especially liked the dive into Gregg Bear's background. That was fascinating. I disagree with his conclusions however based off the fact that I don't think 343 even knows what to do with their universe now. So much has changed since 2011-2013 when the Forerunner trilogy came out. So many ideas have been started and scrapped in Halo without truly satisfying conclusions. I'm still desperate for a TRUE sequel to Halo 4. I loved Halo 4's story and the Forerunner books that accompanied it were incredible. Unfortunately the rest of the audience didn't feel the same and they scrapped that for the Halo 5 story. Based off what little we know about Halo Infinite it seems they have scrapped (or VERY quickly resolved) the threat of Cortana and the Created.

In short I don't buy the conclusion because while this may have been within the realm of what they were going for 7 years ago, it probably isn't the same now, and that is becuase of 343's ineptitude.
Great video though, I really do love this kind of lore speculation. I miss it but due to the inconsistency in 343's storytelling approach since Halo 4 it is too much effort to do so.

Last edited:
I liked it a lot, I especially liked the dive into Gregg Bear's background. That was fascinating. I disagree with his conclusions however based off the fact that I don't think 343 even knows what to do with their universe now. So much has changed since 2011-2013 when the Forerunner trilogy came out. So many ideas have been started and scrapped in Halo without truly satisfying conclusions. I'm still desperate for a TRUE sequel to Halo 4. I loved Halo 4's story and the Forerunner books that accompanied it were incredible. Unfortunately the rest of the audience didn't feel the same and they scrapped that for the Halo 5 story. Based off what little we know about Halo Infinite it seems they have scrapped (or VERY quickly resolved) the threat of Cortana and the Created.

In short I don't buy the conclusion because while this may have been within the realm of what they were going for 7 years ago, it probably isn't the same now, and that is becuase of 343's ineptitude.
Great video though, I really do love this kind of lore speculation. I miss it but due to the inconsistency in 343's storytelling approach since Halo 4 it is too much effort to do so.
I thought of that. In fact I thought it as I was watching.

I do like that The Flood and Domain have basically the same goal. And they are both the evolution of the Precursors. It would be a fitting end, that their will is inevitable.

Larry Niven’s Ringworld books should probably be required reading for Halo fans.
Maybe once the fans get over The Fall Of Reach vs Halo Reach

ShadyFoolishBovine-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom