• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannah Gadsby: People were angry that I ‘wasn’t doing comedy right’. I’m angry I got raped

crowbrow

Banned
I respect her message, i mean her special was intense but not really funny although i don't think she was trying to be, maybe she knows she's not too funny so she chose this strategy. But she's a good performer definitely and she had some insightful messages I liked specially regarding the Van Gogh bit. I mean there's place for performances like hers and a place for stand up comedy too. I enjoyed her performance and i enjoy Burr's or Chappelles' too for different reasons. She's definitely not going to keep me from enjoying stand up comedy though, my favorite comedians are as anti-PC and irreverent as they get and that wont change.

Mistake

You can bring up issues without making everyone uncomfortable. Chappell talked about LGBT stuff in a funny way which got the point across. People paid to see a stand up, not a lecture. If you’re not going to make people laugh and project yourself onto others, get off the stage and give their money back

Top Bottom