• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I picked this up on Tuesday. A Great DVD. The DVD goes through all of the highlights of Benoit's career. Showing how he first got started and his feelings at every stage of his career. He talks about being frustrated while in WCW, his joy at finally making it to WWE, wrestling in ECW and why he had to stop. About the only thing not covered is how he got with Woman, Nancy Benoit. We all know he stole her from Kevin Sullivan, but he said he would rather not get into those details and never really acknowledged it.

The documentary is good, but as usual with WWE DVDs, the extras are where it is at.

They include 3 matches from New Japan, with the option of listening to the original commentary, Cole & Tazz, or commentary from Benoit, Malenko and Todd Grisham. Really cool idea.

ECW matches with Sabu and Al Snow are included. Al was a hell of a worker.

The last match in the Booker T best of 7 series, the Owen tribute with Bret, matches with Angle and and Eddy are included as well as the WM20 championship match.

I have to give it a thumbs way up. You get to learn what kind of person Benoit outside of the ring and see how he coped with being in WCW when things were ay their worst. Also, you get a bit more insight as to how fucked up things were over there. The only thing I wish they had was more about Pillman, and Benoit in the Horsemen. Both topics were kind of quickly brushed over. If there is a Horsemen DVD on the way, that is probably why.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Man, I really wanna get this disc. The ECW matches were probably enough but then they had to go and include NJPW ones! Being broke sucks.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
One thing I should mention is when showing WCW matches, they change the entrance music for everyone. So Benoit magically has his original WWE entrance music instead of his WCW music. Booker T has some generic mess instead of his music. Both songs are public domain tracks, IIRC. So I have no idea why they didn't just use the originals.

And yes, the Japan matches kick all kinds of ass. 3 commentaries for those matches was a great idea. Seems the DVD are getting better and better. I am still awaiting the Bret Hart DVD. That should be the best there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom