• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardcore gamer's perfect wife gets shit after her marriage advice goes viral on tik tok

Bartski

Gold Member
The 29-year-old is encouraging other women to try her tested path to achieving a happy marriage.

I go to bed at 7pm, he brings me unlimited snacks up and gets to play his PlayStation. Source: TikTok

"I go to bed at 7pm, he brings me unlimited snacks up and gets to play his PlayStation." Source: TikTok

"Girls, marry a man who lets you do little deals"

Scotty W

Never heard of this peer-reviewed journal before.
Just reminded me of a tweet I saw today. Can’t find it anymore, but this seems to be the origin:

“ Up to 1.5 million peer-reviewed articles are published annually. However, many are ignored even within scientific communities - 82 per cent of articles published in humanities are not even cited once. No one ever refers to 32 per cent of the peer-reviewed articles in the social and 27 per cent in the natural sciences.

If a paper is cited, this does not imply it has actually been read. According to one estimate, only 20 per cent of papers cited have actually been read. We estimate that an average paper in a peer-reviewed journal is read completely by no more than 10 people.”

Lunarorbit

Glad I dont have tiktok. The comments are mind numbing stupid; it's just a younger version of the idiots who comment on yahoo.

If gaming is important to you than an good partner will respect that. If you have to make a "deal" like the one she references than that's a small price. It's clearly a tongue in cheek arrangement as I doubt he's bringing her McDonald's every night and if she's willing to joke about it online even better!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
In a relationship, this type of treatment should not even exist...

I have always said that the only condition of getting married or being with a girl is that she loves me, that she accepts me as I am as well as my hobbies and that they don't cheat me on the sly.

If not, I'm not interested.

Many women unfortunately are money suckers or cheaters.

Mistake

Heard a conspiracy theory that said in China, Tiktok is filled with education things and useful advice. And over in the west tbe Chinese intentionally fill it with non-stop mind rotting shit.
Nah, douyin, chinese tiktok, is fairly mixed. You can swipe randomly and find cooking how-to’s or people falling out of chairs. But if it appears as you say, it’s because US culture is getting worse.

One example, many girls in china appreciate feminine beauty, and will even point out stuff other girls do that seems attractive. While in the west we have “plus sized models” and encourage the exact opposite

jason10mm

Gold Member
Unrelated but it's weird that so many people don't know what 'theory' means. Theories can be 100% true. Evolution is a theory.
I think that if you put "conspiracy" in front of it, that specific definition of Theory no longer applies :p

Besides, the theory of evolution as Darwin described it had all sorts of errors/misconceptions/gaps. In that context "Theory" means an ever changing understanding of a phenomenon, not a static "100% true" explanation.

Lunarorbit

Unrelated but it's weird that so many people don't know what 'theory' means. Theories can be 100% true. Evolution is a theory.
You son of a bitch! Evolution is false! I'm gonna get you banned!

Is what you would probably see in the tiktok comments section

Hugare

Heard a conspiracy theory that said in China, Tiktok is filled with education things and useful advice. And over in the west tbe Chinese intentionally fill it with non-stop mind rotting shit.
More like Tiktok being rotten in the West as a reflex of the society, and not the other way around.

Social media is bad when people are bad

My 2 cents

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I love TikTok. Gives me such a positive view of our human species. And hey can't blame China for giving us this awesome piece of social spy uhh media to gives us a an espace from reality as well as an platform to maximize our narcissism!

💗 Tik Tok Tik Tok time's running out

Lasha

TikTok china has special accounts for children which predominantly feature educational content interspersed with age appropriate comedy. Children's accounts limit how long the children can use the app. That the children's feature isn't offered outside of China is kind of telling.

Adult TikTok is a combination of self censorship and party censorship. All social media ties back to your ID. Risky or risque content is not as prevalent.

Cattlyst

Before you install TikTok on your devices, be sure to have a quick look at the terms and conditions and permissions it enforces across your digital footprint. Imagine T&Cs written by George Orwell and you’re on the right track.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
its even better, its like every 4th or 5th scroll will show an educational video that may or maynot be skippable, you can only access it at certain times of the day for a set amount of time, china be looking after its kids whilst data mining and fucking up ours.. i wont allow any chinese app in my household, they can go and fuck away into the sea

Top Bottom