• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harrison Ford has been spotted on Indiana Jones 5 set

VulcanRaven

They started filming Indiana Jones 5 today in the UK and Harrison Ford has been spotted on the set:

E3TZvPQX0AgnUU5

E3TkWs2WUAoXpbc

I'm very excited about this. Harrison Ford is old but he is still in good shape. Will be interesting to hear what the story will be.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

More pics from the set that might tell us something about the villians:
E3PrDa2XIAIFyYt

E3PrEBYXEAEEk51

It could be a flashback too.

Last edited:

Sybrix

Crystal Skull was just so bad and I fear this will be the same.

Its such a shame as the first 3 Indy films are so good and iconic

VulcanRaven

More pics that have spoilers:
It looks like that stunt guy has a young Harrison Ford mask so they will de-age him with cgi for that flashback:

Last edited:

wipeout364

Hopefully Harrison Ford is just recalling things and they cast someone to play a young Indiana Jones. He’s going to look ridiculous doing action sequences in 4K. Personally as much as I love Harrison Ford ( he has starred in three of my favorite movies of all time) IMO it’s time to move on. Either recast, including drop Spielberg, or just leave it alone.

Dr Bass

I always laugh how these characters don't change their outfits over the course of like 70 years. Like Lando coming into Rise of Skywalker wearing that yellow thing Donald Glover had on when he was supposed to be 30. Ok guy.

I get it. Indy is a character. It still looks ridiculous.

JayK47

Still wearing masks in the UK? That sucks. I am so glad I can go about my business without wearing a mask around here.

All I remember from The Crystal Skull, was they were trying to hand off Jones to the next generation. To Shia LaBeouf of all idiots. Is he going to be in this movie or did they give up on that idea?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I thought INdy would be a mentor guy. If he's going to be running and swinging as an 80 year old, yikes.

He was awful in that Crystal Skull movie and that was 2008.

Kenpachii

Way way way way to old now. He was already to old for the last one.

They should just have rebooted it at this point.

If you look at the release dates of the movies

1984 ( 3 year between )
1989 ( 5 year in between )
2008 ( 19 year in between )
2022 ( 14 year in between )

If he waited a bit more longer the jump from age from 3 and 4 would be almost the same. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I always laugh how these characters don't change their outfits over the course of like 70 years. Like Lando coming into Rise of Skywalker wearing that yellow thing Donald Glover had on when he was supposed to be 30. Ok guy.

I get it. Indy is a character. It still looks ridiculous.
Yeah, I agree. And I cosplay as indy!

At least RotLA and ToD were close together, so maybe he still wore the same shirts. But it was hitting costume status in TLC and just silly in KotCS. The jacket and hat perhaps, but the satchel, shirt and pants are just too much. Whip stays of course.

Dr Bass

Way way way way to old now. He was already to old for the last one.

They should just have rebooted it at this point.

If you look at the release dates of the movies

1984 ( 3 year between )
1989 ( 5 year in between )
2008 ( 19 year in between )
2022 ( 14 year in between )

If he waited a bit more longer the jump from age from 3 and 4 would be almost the same. Good luck with that.
I can't BELIEVE it's been 14 years since Crystal Skull, which itself was 19 years after Last Crusade. The time span between Last Crusade and Crystal Skull felt like ages.

But I feel like Crystal Skull just came out.

Time flies. Seize the day kids!

Banned
I can't BELIEVE it's been 14 years since Crystal Skull, which itself was 19 years after Last Crusade. The time span between Last Crusade and Crystal Skull felt like ages.

But I feel like Crystal Skull just came out.

Time flies. Seize the day kids!

I am feeling older and older by the second just thinking about that now! HOLY SHIT

Punished Miku

Gold Member
He'll never actually age out of the role if they have a compelling story. His dad in part 3 was old and was a fantastic character.

He'll never actually age out of the role if they have a compelling story. His dad in part 3 was old and was a fantastic character.
Except Connery was younger than Ford was in that last turd of a sequel, let alone now. And they already blew it by casting that obnoxious psycho Shia so instead of being in the old man supporting role while someone capable of walking up a flight of stairs without taking a 5 minute break handles the action load it looks like we get another Harrison Ford trying to do the same shit he did 40 years ago movie

(though Star Trek VI was actually a pretty good sendoff for the old-timer crew, we're obviously not going to get anything as thoughtful or restrained as that from DisneyMarvelLucasCorp. And of course the Shat was also significantly younger then than Ford now)

Last edited:

Sephimoth

They'll probably run de-age.exe on Harrison

Hoping its a redemption sendoff after Crystal Skull. Trust James Mangold but depends how much Disney interfere.

Melon Husk

I think my worst fear is that Disney leans heavily into the de-age voodoo and aims to profit endlessly from eternally young digital Indy.

INC

This makes me lose respect a little for HF, always came across as a non Hollywood shill, this obviously isn't the case it seems
He was OK in the blade runner, but this is a physical role, seems very sell out to me, rather he did more Jack Ryan stuff, than indy.

Hes a great actor who doesn't need indy anymore if he really wanted to do indy, rather it was him voicing a cgi or animated indy, or game

Birdo

Banned
Nazis again? Really? It was a stretch in Last Crusade....

I thought they would lean into him being older and change his appearence (Beard, glasses, and so on). But nope, still trying to cling onto that youth.

Anyway, Phoebe Waller-Bridge is involved, It will be shit.

VulcanRaven

This makes me lose respect a little for HF, always came across as a non Hollywood shill, this obviously isn't the case it seems
He was OK in the blade runner, but this is a physical role, seems very sell out to me, rather he did more Jack Ryan stuff, than indy.

Hes a great actor who doesn't need indy anymore if he really wanted to do indy, rather it was him voicing a cgi or animated indy, or game
Ford is still in a very good shape so he can do physical roles. He just recently did 80 hour bicycle ride in Mexico:

Tschumi

The sheer disdain he showed for his obligatory role in the recent star wars trilogy earns this a view, if nothing else... sorry but a guy getting dragged into a CGI nest by a swarm of CGI ants is not the same as men's faces melting.

Last edited:
Its Indiana Jones 5. Also I don't think Lucas is involved.

New pic
himozjkrxw371.jpg

My question still stands. He's an old ass man. This doesn't work anymore.

Anyway, Phoebe Waller-Bridge is involved, It will be shit.

Yup. You know he's going to be written as out of touch with the times and they will spend a lot of time emasculating him. There is a formula to this shit.

Top Bottom