• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harrison Ford has been spotted on Indiana Jones 5 set

Kenpachii

I can't BELIEVE it's been 14 years since Crystal Skull, which itself was 19 years after Last Crusade. The time span between Last Crusade and Crystal Skull felt like ages.

But I feel like Crystal Skull just came out.

Time flies. Seize the day kids!

Same here man, time flies. Sometimes i see stuff like avatar pop up and think fuck man that's that long ago already? i remember it like yesterday.

evolvaer

Banned
Is this symbolic of a greater trend in our culture that there's nothing new? Everything is recycled from a past decade. Whether it's political leaders or action movie stars or economic concepts, it's all the boomers and the generation before them, silent generation?

Do we have to wait another 2 decades for them all to die out before we can get some new ideas...

Did we run out of talent and new action stars, or is everything gate kept by an aging population that hoards everything?

Spaceman292

Banned
It needs to have a Logan type theme or it will be crap
But that'll just make it look like Logan. It just needs a good script and it'll be fine. At least this one will have good writers. I hope they've set up snipers to keep George Lucas away from the set.

Sybrix

But that'll just make it look like Logan. It just needs a good script and it'll be fine. At least this one will have good writers. I hope they've set up snipers to keep George Lucas away from the set.

Indiana Jones needs to die in this film, how can it possibly go on beyond this film given his age?

If you watch Harrison Ford interviews on Han Solo and Indiana Jones he says he wants them killed off, he got his wish with Han Solo and will get it with Indy 6.

I just hope its done in a really good way, like Logan, not saying the film needs to play out like Logan but it should have pathos to that effect given how long the Indiana Jones film series is.

The worst thing that can happen would be some goofy third rate action flick much like Crystal Skull

Spaceman292

Banned
Indiana Jones needs to die in this film, how can it possibly go on beyond this film given his age?

If you watch Harrison Ford interviews on Han Solo and Indiana Jones he says he wants them killed off, he got his wish with Han Solo and will get it with Indy 6.

I just hope its done in a really good way, like Logan, not saying the film needs to play out like Logan but it should have pathos to that effect given how long the Indiana Jones film series is.

The worst thing that can happen would be some goofy third rate action flick much like Crystal Skull
I don't think Indiana Jones is the type of thing that needs pathos. He doesn't even need to die, just retire. Maybe a good compromise would be to cut off his legs.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I re-watched KotCS on New Year’s. I hate to admit that I liked it more than the first time. It doesn’t hold a candle to the previous Indy movies, but it’s kinda watchable when you already know about the fridge scene.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Also sorta related but I watched a YT video on Temple of Doom and Lucas was wild, hidden lost world in China, Indy escaping from Nazi's on a motorbike alongside the Great Wall. Would have been fucking AMAZING.

Is this why Tomb Raider 2 has two T-Rex's at the bottom of the Great Wall level? 🤔

VulcanRaven

I just watched the 4K version of the first movie on Apple TV. Looked very good. I don't have a 4K Blu-Ray player yet so I decided to buy them digitally.

Last edited:
I am a huge fan of the OG Indy trilogy, but from what I've read about this one they are going full on woke. I don't even think Harrison Ford is the main lead.

ManaByte

Yup. You know he's going to be written as out of touch with the times and they will spend a lot of time emasculating him. There is a formula to this shit.
It's literally the director of Logan and Ford vs. Ferrari (not to mention 3:10 to Yuma). Those are totally out of touch and emasculating movies....

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Ford was actually good in The Force Awakens, ill give him that. But the odds of this being good are like 5%. I almost walked out of Crystal Skull.

Davey Cakes

I don't get why they always have to make him look exactly the same. We already did this with Indy 4.

Do something DIFFERENT. At this point, Phoebe will probably be the better part of the movie.

trikster40

b5f04b9277352ff0d0820dcf85120cd5.gif

I hope its better than Crystal Skull. Though it'll take something special to surpass Raiders or Crusade.

The odd Indies are the good ones, so there’s hope for 5!

mcjmetroid

I have a very sad feeling they're going to just wokeify this movie.

Not touching it until I hear otherwise. Can you blame me?

Birdo

Banned
Kennedy has been been involved with Indiana Jones movies since the first one.

She never had creative control, though. She was Associate Producer.

It's when she started Producing films where things went wrong. She fell off the coat tails.

• Strength
Reactions: INC

ManaByte

hmm… Time Travel and the greek god Chronos?

Would explain the Nazis.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I want indy to be a perpetual 20's/30's adventurer, I don't need an actual life arc for him.

Or at least do a clean reboot, so any "young indy" actor isn't stuck doing a Harrison Ford impression as their won't be any direct connection.

There is SO MUCH in the early indy years they could hit on. How he was influenced (good and bad) by his mentors in grad school, his illicit relationship with a teenaged Marion, the struggle between greed/fame and genuine interest in saving/understanding the mythic past juxtaposed on the colonial "take it from the savages and put it in a museum where ideological fanatics won't destroy it or hide it away" attitudes.

All the pulp action, paired with legit stunts and good effects, is very refreshing in a cgi dominated world, plus it could have camp without needing to be pandering to modern sensibilities. Strong women who are still women, mustache twirling bad guys with actual mustaches, and a legit awe of the exotic that folks still crave even in a global marketplace.

ManaByte

If there is a time travel plot and Indy ends up in WWII with Nazis, I wonder if that's why Spielberg walked away to let Mangold do it. Spielberg said he wouldn't do "cartoon" Nazis after Schindler's List, which is why Indy 4 was set in the late 50s and why the Roger Rabbit prequel was killed.

Rumored titles;
Indiana Jones and the Chronos Device

Indiana Jones and the Jewel of Chronos

Indiana Jones and the Treasure of Chronos

Indiana Jones and the Bell of Elysium

Indiana Jones and the Next Frontier

Indiana Jones and the Celestial Empire

Indiana Jones and the Empire of Evil

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i absolutely fucking love Indy and that genre but he is OLD AS FUCK... 80y.o. should not be starring in action / adventure movies no matter how well he looks after himself, hes still old a.f.

If there is a time travel plot and Indy ends up in WWII with Nazis, I wonder if that's why Spielberg walked away to let Mangold do it. Spielberg said he wouldn't do "cartoon" Nazis after Schindler's List, which is why Indy 4 was set in the late 50s and why the Roger Rabbit prequel was killed.

Yes indeed. That and apparently he just wasn't happy with the scripts (as there have been several people who took a crack at it until Mangold rewrote it with the Butterworths)

VulcanRaven

More pics:

mJs1Oz3.jpg

This has spoilers:
AkBE9GD.jpg

indiana-jones-on-set-filming-leaderfoot-melrose-scottish-borders-uk-shutterstock-editorial-12069545u.jpg

Look at his face. They might be making him young with cgi for that scene.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Not a fan of the trend of bringing back 70-80+ year old dudes to play roles meant for significantly younger characters. The Irishman was tough to watch and I bet it's going to be even worse with Indy 5 considering it's an action flick.

jigglet

Banned
I couldn't be any less excited for this. The man is a great actor he should be doing so much more with the little time he has left.

Top Bottom